Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server questions

Hey all,

After a fairly long break, my friends and I are debating returning to FFXI. However, with Bahamut having been closed to new players, we were thinking of just starting fresh on a different server, from the ground up. However, I have a couple of questions before we try this:

First, will my friends lose their mog storage tokens they got from ordering their security keys?

Second, can anyone give me a lead to a good N.A. active server? I'd love to be able to hook up with a new linkshell fairly quickly and jump back into things.

I'm trying to make sure we know what we're jumping into, because we're giving up a lot of work. Thanks in advance for your help, ya?
    -Trei

Re: Server questions

Originally posted by Trei Shouri View Post
    First, will my friends lose their mog storage tokens they got from ordering their security keys?
    Only if they either canceled their POL account or disassociated the token from their POL account. The tokens are associated with SE Accounts (POL accounts) not specific characters.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Hey all,

i
      on new accounts yes...they'd need a new key. If you delink a key it becomes useless...

If they keep the key an just make a new character on the same account they'll still have a satchel. Just delinking it will freeze the sze of the satchel so it will never get any bigger!
      Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
      (have fun MMO players ^^)
      Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

After a fairly long break, my friends and I are debating returning to FFXI. However, with Bahamut having been closed to new players, we were thinking of just starting fresh on a different server, from the ground up. However, I have a couple of questions before we try this:
        Were your old characters on Bahamut? You might still be able to get back in to that server, if you retrieve your old accounts. Some folks have been able to get back very old characters in the past.

Comment

@Guppy:
          They were, but our concern isn't so much our characters as server activity. It was really slow when we left, and we are looking for more activity.

Thank you everyone for the advice so far!

-Trei

Comment

@Guppy:
            They were, but our concern isn't so much our characters as server activity. It was really slow when we left, and we are looking for more activity.
            You're not the first person I've heard say this, someone shouting in the Whitegate apparently transferred to kujata and said the same thing. I really thought it was odd since Bahamut was closed because of overcrowding. They were wondering where everyone was.

Personally I would have thought Kujata was kinda dead. I've heard Phoenix isn't so bad though.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
            X