Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playonline viewer connection errors! Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playonline viewer connection errors! Please help!

Alright, I just bought FFXI for PS2. I installed my 40 gig HDD and ran the playonline viewer CD. I input the following settings:

DNS: 192.168.0.1

IP: 192.168.2.2

Default Route address: 192.168.2.1

Mask: 255.255.255.0

I am doing this through a computer running on a wireless connection, it is sharing internet with my PS2 through an ethernet cable.

When, I go to connect, I never get past the authentication step. I constantly get an "Error Code: POL - 1556" and a "network error - 598" It tells me that my network is busy or there are connection problems - etc.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

If you need any more info about my settings, just ask.

Re: Playonline viewer connection errors! Please help!

I can't help with your problem, but I would be careful posting my IP Address for all to see.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
      I can't help with your problem, but I would be careful posting my IP Address for all to see.
      The IP's I posed are local. They are the IP addresses on my local network. Nobody can do anything with them

Comment

maybe no one here can help so u should try directly with the POL team here www.playonline.com there u can ask directly via live chat e mail or phone
        good luck and welcome to Vana'diel ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
          It's really not hard to find out your IP address, browser details, ISP, etc.

Most server side languages can get that information without a problem. In fact, I'm willing to bet that your IP address is displayed next to all of your posts (viewable only by Admins of course); or at least most forums software I've used before does this.

Have fun: Whatsmyip.org

OT:

Since you're using the computer as the network hub, have you configured a home network setting that reflects this? Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Setup or Change your Home or Small Office Network.

Also, check the settings from your wireless router. It may have ports blocked or some other settings preventing this type of setup you have.
          Last edited by Ameroth; 02-24-2007, 04:13 PM.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
          ------
          Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
          When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Alright, now I just get a POL error 1558. My settings are:

DNS: (my DNS address, i'm pretty sure it's correct).
            IP: 192.168.0.3
            Subnet: 255.255.255.0
            Router Address: 192.168.0.1

I opened the ports on my router that are required to get playonline to work. Anyone have any idea how i can fix this 1558 error? Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X