[Taking a Break] [Can I have it?] [Help me Out!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Taking a Break] [Can I have it?] [Help me Out!]

Sorry if this is explained already, but I couldn't find it in any of the FAQs. I'm thinking of taking a break from the game to try out Phantasy Star Universe (and refrain from paying the online fee for FFXI), but I've never done this before.

The last time I checked, you're allowed to cancel your account for up to 3 months before losing your character. However, I've read some reports that SE has extended the downtime for up to 12 months. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Also, where in the PlayOnline menu do I cancel my account (temporarily)? I just want to make sure I take the correct steps so as not to delete my character or anything. Thanks for the help.

Re: [Taking a Break] [Can I have it?] [Help me Out!]

You have to cancel the content ID's. You can get to content ID's from the main FFXI page. I don't know how long you can have an unactive ID with your characters on them. I canceled mine for 3 months and when I came back everything was still there.

Comment

Whatever you do, do not delete your PlayOnline ID. Doing so will permanently de-register your game and expansion content and you'll have to re-purchase them for new codes.

Icemage

Comment

Thanks. I just need to know the maximum allowed time you can remain inactive until your character is deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorginus View Post
          Thanks. I just need to know the maximum allowed time you can remain inactive until your character is deleted.
          I know that S-E claims that you should have no problems re-activating within 3 months. Beyond that, you're definitely rolling the dice and if your character is "soft deleted" you might have to wait until the next Return to Vana'diel program to retrieve it.

Icemage

Comment

POL ID is free. Just cancel all content IDs. I don't know if anyone can really confirm that you have more than 3 months to reactivate. From my own experience, I cancelled my content IDs Nov 30th 2004 and reactivated Nov 27th 2005 and got all my accounts back. That "Return to Vana'Diel" promotion wasn't active during that time.

But, I don't know if that is normal.

Comment

everytime I've taken a break, I didn't cancel anything. I've never been charged for a month of play if I never logged in once during that month. And I've taken a few breaks. I didn't chance it past 3 months though. I don't know.

Comment

Working...
              X