Pol-0250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pol-0250

I'm trying to update FFXI. It starts to prepare the update, and then when it hits a certain mark in the 9800-9900 its gives me POL-0250...cannot reach Server. It doesn't do it at any time before that.

Is it something with my ports? Or is it something with the FFXI server or a mix of both?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Re: Pol-0250

Originally posted by Khaeos
    I'm trying to update FFXI. It starts to prepare the update, and then when it hits a certain mark in the 9800-9900 its gives me POL-0250...cannot reach Server. It doesn't do it at any time before that.

Is it something with my ports? Or is it something with the FFXI server or a mix of both?
    It's either your internet connection and/or the server is dropping you. Might want to try wait a bit or do this on off-peak hours.

Comment

im having these same issues.. i just started.. and im unable to update the software... around 25% or roughly 3k of 14k files to update.. server drops me.. saying "POL-0250" .. i doubt its my connection seeing as how it got to the server in the first place.. but if it is busy servers during peak hours.. when the heck is OFF PEAK?? i cant find any information on the status of servers.. capacity, etc... when is peak and off peak.. anyone have an idea on what i should do??
      -thanks
      -opiumunknown

Comment

My bet is that you all have a Linksys router with built-in firewall. If not, try the following thread:
        http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gam...blems.faq.html

An ugly workaround for the linksys router is to log in to the router and disable the firewall under the security settings whenever you want to use the PlayOnline Viewer or play FFXI. Just make sure to have at least a software firewall installed and running on your comp and to re-enable your router firewall when done playing.

Comment

I got this to work by going to the network settings in PlayOnline (where you chose the account you wanna use to connect) and turning on the uPnP and Connection Check (latter has nothing to do with this issue, I think). Then just reboot!
          Hope you guys are as lucky as me! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Hyosuke View Post
            Hope you guys are as lucky as me! ;D
            I would imagine if they're all still trying to get it to work after more than a year, luck isn't the greatest of their concerns.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

Kinda meant that they are as lucky as me by getting it to work with the changes I recommended..

Comment

What about other people with the same issue? Like me, in 2011! Seven years after the original post!
                Anyway, Hyosuke solution worked for me. Except that there's no uPnP option anymore. Incredible enough, the Connection Check option is the one which works.

Comment

I think you mean five years.

Comment

Now I'm having the exact same issue. I'm playing on 360, so that option isn't available for uPnP or Connection Check, unless I'm missing it.
                    My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
                    Red Mage-55
                    Dark Knight-55

Comment

Ok I fixed it on my end. I set UDP Endpoint Filtering and TCP Endpoint Filtering to Endpoint Independent, which resolved the issue for me.

Warrior-19
                      Red Mage-55
                      Dark Knight-55

Comment

I take it back, I spoke to soon. That seems to have helped the game get further in the patching process, but it does still disconnect with the same PoL-0250 error.

Any ideas? For any tech savvy folk that are in this thread, my router is a D-Link Model: DIR-615/RE, and does have the latest firmware.

Warrior-19
                        Red Mage-55
                        Dark Knight-55

Comment

Working...
                        X