Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Why do you want to see what i do on my home computer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do you want to see what i do on my home computer?

I prefer an implied eye roll.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the travesty that is SE scanning your processes. I sincerely doubt they are going to do anything shady with the info, and until I'm proven wrong, I'll continue to feel that way.

Comment

While I don't think S-E means "to do anything shady with the info", it would be nice if the company would tell us what they are doing.

While I can speculate about "comparing processes with list of known hacking programs, if match, terminate FFXI" or other nonsense, the developers really should just let us know why POL.EXE is "reading" other processes--the cheat program makers would find out soon anyway, and those bunch definitely won't tell us normal folks.

Keeping the purpose a secret is hardly a real security measure, while creating fear, doubt, and uncertainty with their customers. A bad move, all things considered.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Only with their customers who are inclined to worry about this sort of thing. The impression I'm getting from this thread and others is that a fair number of folks, equal in number, if not greater to (based on the responses) the number of folks who do have a problem with it aren't really experiencing that much fear, doubt and uncertainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
          fear, doubt and uncertainty.
          Word. I reserve those feelings for career choices, relationships, and artistic endeavors. There's barely room to be paranoid about my metal box of wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
            I prefer an implied eye roll.
            We'll just have to agree to disagree about the travesty that is SE scanning your processes. I sincerely doubt they are going to do anything shady with the info, and until I'm proven wrong, I'll continue to feel that way.
            Its not S.E im worried about with my information. Its the third party site they will be undoubtly giving the information to to scan for such things that relate to FFXI. Its what the 3rd party site does with all the other information.

Originally posted by Hantz View Post
            Word. I reserve those feelings for career choices, relationships, and artistic endeavors. There's barely room to be paranoid about my metal box of wires.
            You should be worried about your financial situations as well... Unless your a leech, An plan to leech off of mommy an daddy for even longer...

Til then i will be waiting for the "i dont" comment..
            Last edited by little ninja; 03-15-2007, 09:57 AM.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Hantz is a fully grown adult with, I'm sure, control over his own finances. And as such, he knows very well what he should and shouldn't be worried about.

As for SE giving your information to some 3rd party who to misuse? Ha!

Comment

This thread is closed and has been moved up to the February version of Ask SquareEnix.
                Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                X