Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Ballista Royale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballista Royale

I saw that someone posted this topic on another site. I was just wondering is SE is planning on doing this again. It was a blast. Level 60 no subs. I had a great time practicing in normal Ballistas. I like Ballista and wish that more people would do it.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Re: Ballista Royale

One problem with Ballista Royal was the requirement to go to the Fan Festival. That really limits the number of people that can participate.

If they removed that requirement then I might even use the Ballista License i got and work on my PvP to try and qualify on a team.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Well if you made it to the finals you had to go. I wouldn't have minded going. Even though some of friends are scary looking IRL.
      Thanks Kazuki.
      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Why would you try if you weren't trying to go to the finals? I bet a lot of people that would have tried didn't because of that.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

As much of a fan of Ballista as I am, I didn't jump on the chance to make/join a team simply because I just didn't have the time for it (one of the Core Values the Air Force promotes is "Service before self", one that especially rang true there), nor would I have likley been able to travel to the Fan Fest had I actually made it to the finals. While not everyone that plays shares my situation, there's plenty of people in the game that would have loved to have that same chance, but couldn't for thier own reasons.

The way I see Ballista Royale, it didn't find *The* best Ballista players, it just found the best that simply had the time to do it; I'm fairly certain there's better Balli players/teams out there that could mop the floor with the Japanese *and* North American champs put together as if they were nothing more than rag dolls, but they simply could be too busy to do so (not that the champs are champs w/o reason, but the saying holds true: No matter how good you are, there's *always* someone better at it than you).

Comment

Though I would like to say this, I think the idea of a cross server event is fantastic. The only bad thing I can say about the Ballista Royal event was the requirement to physically go somewhere if you did well.

It's true, there will be a lot of people that can't do events like that because they can't devote the time even without the travel requirements, unfortunately there is little that could be done to solve that and still have a big event.

loose

Comment

They need to make the LS Brenner League they set up worthwhile. Nobody knows it exists.
              Read my blog.
              ffxibrp.livejournal.com
              Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
              Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

They need to make Brenner itself worthwhile. As it stands, there's a few hardcore Ballista players, and then there's the vast majority of Ballista players who do it out of convenience/when they happen to be in the area and ready for it, and then there's everyone else who'd rather do other stuff, like level or endgame activities. Unfortunately, the "everyone else" crowd is the majority of the player base, so Ballista is more or less a "to the side" hobby event, and by extention, Brenner, being the kid brother to a lesser side event, is hardly paid any attention to (go to the Brenner fields at just about any time for any length of time, count how many Brenner games are going on).

Ballista has few to no rewards other than rankings, titles, and points that can be spent on temp items, warps and teleports, and zone reservations availiable for the express purpose of being used with Ballista. I'm not even sure if Brenner even has that (at least, as far as the titles are concerned). It also doesn't help that SE doesn't promote Brenner as much as they do for Ballista (only one guy and his lackey compared to a Pursuivant in every city, even Al Zhabi).

Such a waste of a good game, too. Quite a bit more tactical than Ballista.

Comment

(only one guy and his lackey compared to a Pursuivant in every city, even Al Zhabi).
                  Brenner and Ballista share NPCs.
                  Read my blog.
                  ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                  Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                  Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Working...
                  X