Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Character development and Content IDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character development and Content IDs

A question for SE.

History: My daughter and I play FFXI on the same account. I have leveled my RDM to 62 and she has leveled WHM (what used to be a mule) to the respectable level of 54. I purchased another copy of the program, in the hopes that she would level that new character, and the two of us could play at the same time.

Question: Is there a way to split off a content ID (Mule Character) to be a stand alone character? Any assistance with this issue will be appreciated.

Re: Character development and Content IDs

Originally posted by Radar_1970 View Post
    A question for SE.

History: My daughter and I play FFXI on the same account. I have leveled my RDM to 62 and she has leveled WHM (what used to be a mule) to the respectable level of 54. I purchased another copy of the program, in the hopes that she would level that new character, and the two of us could play at the same time.

Question: Is there a way to split off a content ID (Mule Character) to be a stand alone character? Any assistance with this issue will be appreciated.
    do not think it is possible. i havn't tried so i could be wrong...but as far as i see see it once a FFXI reg key is linked to a content ID its tied to it forever.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

SE has considered having as a charge-able service but so far there is no way to do it. It would make selling accounts easier.
      Sergeant Major
      75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
      22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
      Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

On the flip side though, can't you just log into your account with the new copy of FFXI and you play your character on one computer, and your daughter plays the mule/second character on the other computer?

I haven't read the ToS in awhile, dunno if that's allowed or not, or if you can even do that.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Tank you all so much for your thoughts and knowledge. I did not even consider the account selling angle. I suppose she and I will just have to slugg it out to get playing time Also, we did try the playing on separate machines (Vyuru, thank you ^^), without success.

Comment

Working...
          X