Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

End game TP burns and ninja subs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maju
    replied
    Re: End game TP burns and ninja subs.

Originally posted by Legal Fish
    Right, have you ever seen PLD/NIN merit before? I speak from experience a "GOOD" PLD with smart gear can keep up with WAR and MNK. PLD are notorious for being very poor played through all level ranges, so its easy to imagine only the ones that have skill can adapt at 75.
    As far as I know, raw stats have nothing to do with skill. What PLD has is A+ in swords and that's it. Inferior STR to at least WAR and probably MNK. No traits that help in damage dealing. No JAs that help in damage dealing. No spells that help in damage dealing. As far I can see, a PLD would have to be better equipped than another melee to beat them in damage output.

WAR is so good because it can keep the awesome WAR abilities and traits while subbing NIN. All other melees who are also required to sub NIN (PLD included) suffer a damage loss because they can't sub WAR.

Leave a comment:

• Legal Fish
    replied

Originally posted by Maju
    Just fine doesn't cut it in a world where people want the best they can find. Why take someone who can do it "just fine" when you can take WAR/NIN (or almost any other melee) and get more exp?

I'm sure anyone who isn't a WAR/NIN would feel bad for always being "that guy they had to take because there were no WAR/NINs seeking". This is especially bad for tank jobs (PLD) because no matter how much you try to build it towards DD, it's still a tank job and will not beat real DDs.
    Right, have you ever seen PLD/NIN merit before? I speak from experience a "GOOD" PLD with smart gear can keep up with WAR and MNK. PLD are notorious for being very poor played through all level ranges, so its easy to imagine only the ones that have skill can adapt at 75.

Leave a comment:

• Kirsteena
    replied

This is the kind of party which is probably best set up within your own linkshell - I have done this, getting 10k an hour without really pushing the boat out, with pld/nin and god knows who else.

Leave a comment:

• Maju
    replied

Originally posted by Legal Fish
    PLD can TP burn just fine.
    Just fine doesn't cut it in a world where people want the best they can find. Why take someone who can do it "just fine" when you can take WAR/NIN (or almost any other melee) and get more exp?

I'm sure anyone who isn't a WAR/NIN would feel bad for always being "that guy they had to take because there were no WAR/NINs seeking". This is especially bad for tank jobs (PLD) because no matter how much you try to build it towards DD, it's still a tank job and will not beat real DDs.

Leave a comment:

• Legal Fish
    replied

PLD can TP burn just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzlebeard
    replied

I raised a similar kind of discussion here.

General consensus was it should remain, however, I still stand by the fact Utsusemi: Ichi should be sufficient buffer for the, "Oh shit, I pulled hate!" moments.

Leave a comment:

• Maju
    started a topic End game TP burns and ninja subs.

End game TP burns and ninja subs.

Do you have any plans to nerf the massive NIN subbing going on in merit TP burn parties? I see this behaviour as game mechanic abuse that makes tank characters completely useless.
Working...
X