Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Why are updates always during US time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are updates always during US time?

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    They just added yet another hour to it, so now it will hopefully be done @ 2 AM EST... originally 11 PM...

Thanks SE. I'd like to know who's brilliant fucking idea it was to do the server merge at the same time as the update. I mean, you know, because that totally wouldn't add any unnecessary time constraints.
    but during a maint would have been the best time really, and they might as well get it done with now anyway. I don't think some people really get what they have to do for a complete server merge, because it also includes cleanup (take out the servers they don't use and removing all the extra cabling, changing configs in the routing config of the servers and all the other fun stuff that goes with changing crap out in a server room.

I may only be in my second semester of networking, but I can guess how much they have to do in order to get this done right.......at least I think I do ;p
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

You do have to wonder though, do their employees normally go to work at Midnight? That is when the maintenance started right? JST Midnight?

If I am wrong about when Maintenance started in their time zone I apologize.
      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
        You do have to wonder though, do their employees normally go to work at Midnight? That is when the maintenance started right? JST Midnight?
        The night shift does. On top of that, for maintenance, they do it when it affects the least amount of people. The length of time that this one was also had the benefit of ending during the normal work day in Japan, so that they had their normal staff on hand if/when anything went wrong.

They don't hate their customers any more then any other company hates their customers. While that means they hate you a whole hell of a lot, they don't hate you any more then they hate their Japanese customers.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

hehe i never thought that they hated us xD but i was just curious considering its more than just coincidence. and then the night shift thing. pretty clever. I have never seen an mmo that bother having a nightshift. usually only do their normal hours of operation.

as for the me complainign about not logging into a new mmo? i dont like the other games XD FFXI has too many over the top features that other games cant even grasp. but thats jst my opinion not that anyone has to agree :)

Comment

Working...
          X