Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Can you change the "Drop" button in the Delivery box to "Return All"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you change the "Drop" button in the Delivery box to "Return All"?

How frequently are items dropped from the delivery box? Usually, if an item is in the delivery box, it's there because you want it. Since our storage options are limited, however, a great percentage of the FFXI community uses the delivery box as a storage device, thus the "Return" button gets used with great frequency. Both buttons have the same basic functionality in that they pop a confirmation box to determine if you're sure you want to use them. Therefore, when sliding through pages of items, one could, on occasion DROP an item that they did not want to drop.

Thus, I propose that the Drop button in the delivery box be eliminated. If you want to drop an item, just take it out of the box and drop it using the Inventory as normal. Additionally, it would be nice to have Return All which would return all returnable items in the delivery screen. Take All might be nice as well...

Re: Can you change the "Drop" button in the Delivery box to "Return All"?

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
    How frequently are items dropped from the delivery box? Usually, if an item is in the delivery box, it's there because you want it. Since our storage options are limited, however, a great percentage of the FFXI community uses the delivery box as a storage device, thus the "Return" button gets used with great frequency. Both buttons have the same basic functionality in that they pop a confirmation box to determine if you're sure you want to use them. Therefore, when sliding through pages of items, one could, on occasion DROP an item that they did not want to drop.
    Thus, I propose that the Drop button in the delivery box be eliminated. If you want to drop an item, just take it out of the box and drop it using the Inventory as normal. Additionally, it would be nice to have Return All which would return all returnable items in the delivery screen. Take All might be nice as well...
    I have actually dropped items intentionally in some situations, so I wouldn't consider the option useless, though most of the time it's an item sent from an auction house, where Return isn't allowed.

I'd think it'd make more sense to just make it so that if you arrow down to the buttons without selecting an item, Take, Drop, and Return become Take All, Drop All, and Return All respectively.
    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
    Clothcraft 24
    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

This is a nice suggestion. And it would be pretty handy. I don't use my DBOX like that, but I know a lot of people do.

Comment

I think this is a suggestion born out of a work-around for a different issue. If the game doesn't have enough storage options, SE should add more storage, rather than trying to improve on the d-box to enhance an already kludgey solution.

I don't think it's a good idea to ask for a bandaid when what we really need is something more reliable.

As a side note, I have also intentionally dropped stuff from my d-box. I'm not going to be heartbroken if they take it away, though. It would just be a convenience issue (since it will take more steps to dispose of the same item). But then, being able to use the d-box in this manner is also a convenience issue.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Regardless of whether the Delivery Box is used for storage or not, I don't think I like having a drop button in it. I prefer to have as few "destroy object" buttons as possible, and I certainly would not want a "Drop All" button... The primary focus is not really on Return All, but more of the removal of the Drop button or to make the drop button more difficult to use (e.g. double confirmation like the AH where you have to step left/right and then step up/down to actually drop the item). Of course, the difficulty increase, would not be reflected in the Return button as that would defeat the purpose.

Basically, it should be harder to drop items than return them.

Comment

Working...
          X