Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Will there any new aditions to the NPC system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there any new aditions to the NPC system?

I'm talking about many things here.

- Ability to lock all 4 pieces of Fashionable gear.

- Increased level cap.

- New quests and Advanced jobs.

- Expanded time and amount of monsters killed.

- Maybe a reduction in the xp penalty.

- Improvements on attack, defense, etc. (according to job selection) when fighting monsters Even Match or lower.

- Other things SE might be working on.

Even if I only get the ability to lock all 4 pieces of Fashionable gear I'd be happy, but the rest of the points would be good too.

Also if anyone has seen any news about this I might've missed (like SE already answering to this question) it would be nice if you could provide a link to check on that info. ^^
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Re: Will there any new aditions to the NPC system?

This would be nice. I have yet to cap my NPC, but I will one day, and I know plenty of people who already have, so it would be handy for them.

Comment

It'd be nice to allow the NPC to recieve party buffs like Regen and Refresh, but I digress since it's doubtful.

One thing I think the NPC should have is the Signet buff, since the recent Signet changes would make it easier and more beneficial for those like myself who try and duo with the NPC fighting close to equal level mobs. Also, maybe the quest that raises its cap to 70 should also give you access to call your NPC in the new TAoU areas as well? They currently can't go in there, and I'm sure many would like to have them there for leveling.

Also, from reading the Wiki, am I correct in seeing that you can only give your NPC specific weapons? Cause if thats true I'm slightly disappointed, I wanted to give mine teh Katana dropped by Carnero since it looks so awesome ;_;.
      Cleverness - Hades
      75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
      DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Another nice option might be for your NPC to count towards at least giving you the Signet bonus, provided the number of people in your party including NPCs doesn't exceed five.

Comment

They realistically should count, since I don't even think you can summon an NPC in a full party of 6 players. It would definitely make the 70% xp loss not as bad.

Alittle off topic, but do NPC's count as pets? Or can I summon one on a SMN, PUP, BST or DRG job?
          Cleverness - Hades
          75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
          DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

I agree that they realistically should, but since NPCs only count as party members sometimes (number limit) but not others (ability to give all buffs), it'd be nice to have clarification there.

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
              They realistically should count, since I don't even think you can summon an NPC in a full party of 6 players. It would definitely make the 70% xp loss not as bad.

Alittle off topic, but do NPC's count as pets? Or can I summon one on a SMN, PUP, BST or DRG job?
              I don't use any of those jobs myself, but I don't think they are considered "pets". I don't see why you wouldn't be able to call yoru NPC and use a pet or avatar.

Automaton's might be a different story though, but like I said, since I'm not any of those jobs, I wouldn't know for sure.

Comment

Currently the weapon system is pretty pointless and the Fellows could use some job abilities. Why not give them job abilities based on the weapon they used, which needs to be unlocked by having the highest level weapon? Weapon + Combat Style = A unique job bonus.

For example:

Axe and Melee: Berserk
                Axe and Tank: Defender
                Axe and Healer: Warcry

ect
                Read my blog.
                ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

What I would love to see is the ability to fine-tune the behavoir of the existing "jobs". For instance, I wish I could tell my NPC to stop all enfeebles, but keep doing enhancing magic. That way, my NPC will stop casting Silence (on mobs that don't cast magic) and can conserve MP for Hasting me.

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
                  I have called out my NPC as BST, and I've been able to keep a pet at the same time as my NPC. I would assume SMN, PUP and DRG could do the same. NPCs are more like a DRG's wyvern in that you can't command them in any fashion. So NPCs don't interfere with controlling pets, avatars or automatons.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I think it would be neat if the NPCs had a FFXII style Gambit system definable for each combat style. Being able to set which weaponskill they use would be especially useful.

Comment

Oh and I'd like if Fellows could be used as a stand-in for party members. Like an AI upgrade that allows them cures/buff party members and attempt to Skillchain with other party members. Also if the amount of exp loss was based on them being a party member, instead of that flat -30%(would work nicely with Signet when solo). They would still be limited enough to want normal players, but it'd be nice if your party is having trouble with finding a final slot or two.

Imagine if they could learn Refresh? That would be nice.
                      Read my blog.
                      ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                      Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                      Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                        I have called out my NPC as BST, and I've been able to keep a pet at the same time as my NPC. I would assume SMN, PUP and DRG could do the same. NPCs are more like a DRG's wyvern in that you can't command them in any fashion. So NPCs don't interfere with controlling pets, avatars or automatons.
                        Confirmed, fellows are not considered pets. Smn, Pup, and Drg can also have their automaton/pet out with their fellows. I believe this is one of the reasons SE caps them at 65 because they don't interfere with these jobs.

I'd like to see more additions to them as well. But, I fear if SE raise their cap, they'll restrict them in some other way to strike a balance. Other additions would be nice though

Title: Sergeant Major
                        SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                        Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                        Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                        Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Will they ever expand the areas NPC will have access to in the future? Like being able to take them soloing in sky or ToAU areas? Maybe even do mini quests to let them join you on BCNM that would normally be a solo fight? And the issue with them rebuffing themselves every time you zone?

Also, maybe have them 'learn' from your playing style if you face an EP or higher to work with you more than just the way they are now? If possible to make them as a part of the party, possibly show their hp bar and mp bar in the party list itself and make them open to all party buffs? And actually /p or /t commands to them to memorize on what to do and when or is that a bit out there?

Also, the job ability idea is nice idea to consider. Maybe even open up new T.M. jobs that play off the 3 new jobs if they were to be given ToAU area access.
                          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                            Will they ever expand the areas NPC will have access to in the future? Like being able to take them soloing in sky or ToAU areas? Maybe even do mini quests to let them join you on BCNM that would normally be a solo fight? And the issue with them rebuffing themselves every time you zone?

Also, maybe have them 'learn' from your playing style if you face an EP or higher to work with you more than just the way they are now? If possible to make them as a part of the party, possibly show their hp bar and mp bar in the party list itself and make them open to all party buffs? And actually /p or /t commands to them to memorize on what to do and when or is that a bit out there?

Also, the job ability idea is nice idea to consider. Maybe even open up new T.M. jobs that play off the 3 new jobs if they were to be given ToAU area access.
                            Yeah, I was surprised I couldn't call mine out in Wajaom Woodlands.
                            I wonder if later on there will be a story line that involving ToAU and your NPC to eventually allows them to be called there.

Would be nice to call them in Besieged.

On second thought... nvm... /lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
                              Would be nice to call them in Besieged.
                              On second thought... nvm... /lag.
                              Hehe, I thought of that first thing when I was wondering why they didn't give them ToAU access when it was first released.
                              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Working...
                              X