Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Could you make Banishing Gates easier to open in Garlaige Citadel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you make Banishing Gates easier to open in Garlaige Citadel?

This may seem like a trivial issue. But getting past the Banishing Gates in Garlaige Citadel can be a great hardship on casual players. Only a subset of the pre-expansion jobs need to loot a Garlaige Citadel coffer for a piece of their AF. No other zone is as problematic as Garlaige Citadel when it comes to accessing coffer spawn points. Eldieme Necropolis comes the closest, but still only requires half as many players (total of 2 players as opposed to a total of 4) to reach all of the coffer spawn points.

Could the Banishing Gates be changed so that only 2 out of 4, or even 3 out of 4 pressure plates need to be pressed in order to open them? Surely, making these spots easier to access wouldn't affect game balance by too much.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Re: Could you make Banishing Gates easier to open in Garlaige Citadel?

The only real issue that I see is that everyone hangs out in Aht-Urghan now instead of Jeuno, so its tougher to gather.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

im not sure how i feel about this one. these kinds of things imo, give the game its character. its like 'ugh i have to go to gc again... damn those gates!'

while being quite a pain (i admit, i had many times where id have to wait for someone to come by and help me open too) its just those kinds of things that gives zones their defining characteristics.

like kuftal has guivre eating lv. 50s PTs.

or the switches in eldieme necropolis.

the lava fissures in ifrit's cauldron.

the displacements in ravine site a/b01.

making it less difficult, say with 2 plates or 3 plates wouldnt really affect anything in game but where's the fun in that? :)

taru edit: or better yet... what about allowing certain jobs that have pets be allow to use them to open doors? i mean, they arent weightless right? im not sure if pup can make the automaton stay (pups help me out here), but smn and bst can count as 2 ppl! or even give the npc a stay command and those can count too!
      Last edited by Omni; 03-06-2007, 08:48 AM. Reason: idea!
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
        taru edit: or better yet... what about allowing certain jobs that have pets be allow to use them to open doors? i mean, they arent weightless right? im not sure if pup can make the automaton stay (pups help me out here), but smn and bst can count as 2 ppl! or even give the npc a stay command and those can count too!
        Actually a very nice idea, can't require to much on SE's part to do this.

Comment

/em curses his flying rat

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Visper View Post
            Actually a very nice idea, can't require to much on SE's part to do this.
            Since as far as I know, no NPCs have "weight" attached to them like players do I could see this as a pain in the ass to do (from a programmers point of view). Still would really like to see this implemented since I am BST myself :)
            Keep in mind, sig might be outdated I just update it a few times per week.
            Signature with the usual levels and obtained stuff etc. . .

Comment

Damn those blue wyverns! Why cant they come in other colors?

Comment

Or, make it only 2 or 3 plates that need to be stood on - but randomly chnage which 2 or 3 it is to make it still a challenge?

Comment

I've always thought that this would be a nice help. Stay and follow commands would also be helpful for NPCs that won't move when you see that a link is about to happen (well, unless you disengage).
                  Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                  I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

im not sure how i feel about this one. these kinds of things imo, give the game its character. its like 'ugh i have to go to gc again... damn those gates!'
                    Wouldn't Garlaige still have "character" if you only had to press 2/3 out of 4 plates? After all, no one says "Hurray, I <3 Eldieme Necropolis!" Reducing the number of plates that need to be triggered would still leave this zone fairly dangerous, still require team work for reaching coffer spawn points, and yet make the tasks involved with this zone (AF, quests involving the incinerator room, Sauromugue stone monument) more palatable to casual gamers.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                      Wouldn't Garlaige still have "character" if you only had to press 2/3 out of 4 plates? After all, no one says "Hurray, I <3 Eldieme Necropolis!" Reducing the number of plates that need to be triggered would still leave this zone fairly dangerous, still require team work for reaching coffer spawn points, and yet make the tasks involved with this zone (AF, quests involving the incinerator room, Sauromugue stone monument) more palatable to casual gamers.
                      i suppose. i guess its up to what you think is 'enough'.
                      i hate gc dont get me wrong, i hate going back there, but i feel that changing stuff just so its easier kind of takes away from the game in a sense.

2-3 plates might not be a big deal and would make life easier for everyone. though, its just my take on things.
                      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Only real problem I've seen lately with these doors its the evil glare you get from others for trying to get behind the a gate to take their coffer.

Otherwise I agree with Omni, lets not take the character away from these zones. Things in this game have already skewed too easy as it is.

Comment

The only real difficulty in that place (or any other for that matter) is having friends and/or a helpful linkshell.

And that's something SE can't fix, only players can do that.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

like kuftal has guivre eating lv. 50s PTs.
                            I know its OT, but after meeting Guivre, I thought it would be funny to have a lvl 60 NM wander around the Dunes occasionally and eat lvl 15 parties.
                            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

WRT Garlaige, I've never found it hard to get back behind the gates. The problems we have are always with lower-level seekers behind the door needing tractor-raises after a wipe and we can't get through to help them. This is neither here nor there. Garlaige Citadel is a four-man area minimum. I like it the way it is.

I would definitely not be in favor of making Eldieme Necropolis easier to navigate. Gilsellers already farm the coffers for Vile Elixirs +1, and we don't need to make it any easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X