Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Rules for the "Ask SquareEnix" section.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rules for the "Ask SquareEnix" section.

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Honestly, given the fact that hardly anyone actually asks INTERESTING QUESTIONS anymore, if they even bother ASKING AT ALL, this forum is more of a 'rant' forum. But honestly, compared to actually having a rant forum, this is fine.
    I know I haven't bothered asking a new question in this forum (interesting or otherwise) in a long time since there doesn't appear to be any chance of getting a response from SE.

When I ask a question, I expect some sort of answer. If I post a rant or a suggestion, I don't care whether it gets a response. No wonder there are more rants and suggestions posted here rather than "interesting questions."

Originally posted by Icemage
    We DO actually get responses, when there's actually enough meaty questions to submit.
    I recall an announcement about the first set of questions being sent to SE. Does that mean none of the questions submitted since then have been considered "meaty enough" to be worth submitting? Or are they getting submitted without announcements being made about it?
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
      I recall an announcement about the first set of questions being sent to SE. Does that mean none of the questions submitted since then have been considered "meaty enough" to be worth submitting? Or are they getting submitted without announcements being made about it?
      There haven't been enough meaningful questions since the beginning of the year (some of them have since been putatively answered by update changes in any case).

To be serious, though, I just talked to PiNG via IM and he said he'd touch base with the Square-Enix folks and see where our request ended up, and if we can get an update.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
        There haven't been enough meaningful questions since the beginning of the year (some of them have since been putatively answered by update changes in any case).
        The first set of questions sent on to SE back in February was made up of 9 questions. If we (as a forum community) haven't come up with 9 more meaningful questions in the span of 8 months, perhaps Itazura is right and this sub-forum should be put out of its misery.
        Lyonheart
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

perhaps Itazura should be put out of its misery.
          I fully support the above statement.

Comment

wow I cant believe I have hearing this argument.....
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I know I haven't bothered asking a new question in this forum (interesting or otherwise) in a long time since there doesn't appear to be any chance of getting a response from SE.
              Well, myself I haven't put in anything partly because it seems like SE isn't going to bother reading it and also partly for a certain person flameing all of my posts here........

Quote:

Dude, not even funny.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                Wow. I must be wearing more enmity gear than I thought.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I have to agree that this forum is flawed. Instead of getting answers to questions from SE, we're getting flames directed at suggestions to SE. Now, I personally think that having a suggestions forum directed at SE would be a good idea... if it weren't plagued with tons of "OMG wrong forum!!!1!" and SE actually held up its end of the bargain and communicated -- even if only through terse, generic stock answers like "We'll pass this discussion on to Development and see what they think" or "We're sorry, but we feel that this suggestion would be inappropriate to consider at this time."

Now, if SE doesn't want a suggestions forum, then they should make it clearer just what kinds of questions they do want to answer. -- Pteryx

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
                    I have to agree that this forum is flawed. Instead of getting answers to questions from SE, we're getting flames directed at suggestions to SE. Now, I personally think that having a suggestions forum directed at SE would be a good idea... if it weren't plagued with tons of "OMG wrong forum!!!1!" and SE actually held up its end of the bargain and communicated -- even if only through terse, generic stock answers like "We'll pass this discussion on to Development and see what they think" or "We're sorry, but we feel that this suggestion would be inappropriate to consider at this time."

Now, if SE doesn't want a suggestions forum, then they should make it clearer just what kinds of questions they do want to answer. -- Pteryx
                    According to Icemage, it's not SE's fault, since this is a staging ground for this site's admins to gather questions to submit to SE.

And apparently it's not the admins' fault either. They don't have enough worthwhile questions to submit.

Apparently, it's our fault. We suck at asking questions.
                    Lyonheart
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,

Comment

We kind of do. Though that still doesn't answer why we haven't gotten a response for the questions sent nearly nine months ago.

Comment

So... what? Is a dissertation required for every inquiry?

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                          So... what? Is a dissertation required for every inquiry?
                          No one is suggesting that. But they are suggesting that posters:

- Use the forum correctly (ask actual questions, not just make a suggestion, or rant about something).
                          - Follow the rules for creating a thread.
                          - Not repost something that has already been asked.
                          - Not post something that could be answered with a casual search, or a glance at Playonline.

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                            According to Icemage, it's not SE's fault, since this is a staging ground for this site's admins to gather questions to submit to SE.

And apparently it's not the admins' fault either. They don't have enough worthwhile questions to submit.

Apparently, it's our fault. We suck at asking questions.
                            Actually, according to AKosygin, it's his fault. >_>;

My understanding of his explanation is that the feedback loop was never properly set up. That is why I question the need for this sub-forum at all, since until he settles with S-E on what is the proper channel for getting official response to community questions--or if there's a channel at all.
                            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

the feedback loop was never properly set up.
                              I hear a high pitched noise just thinking about it.

Anyway, maybe it would be a good idea to lock the forum until we do get some way to talk to them?

Comment

No one is suggesting that. But they are suggesting that posters:

- Use the forum correctly (ask actual questions, not just make a suggestion, or rant about something).
                                I think this is the crux of the problem.

I may be misreading the instructions, but:

To ask a question that is purely a question you cannot make a suggestion, you are asking about something in the game, like:

Which direction do I face for 100% HQ synths?
                                How do you kill AV?
                                Can you give me unlimited gil?

Compare that to Icemage's really good suggestion/question post on how to improve BLM's magic bursting. Created before the new forums rules went into place true, but that is more in line with how questions should be asked around here IMO.

Yes, it is more of a suggestion than a question, but it's a well thought out suggestion that gives the game devs something to think about and it provides feedback in terms of what the gamers would like.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X