Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Rules for the "Ask SquareEnix" section.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rules for the "Ask SquareEnix" section.

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
    How are you managing a reply when you're not sending questions to someone who can answer them?
    i.e. We never got replies back from first set of questions, since it was sent to the wrong person. Not that the existence of the semi-mystical "right person" has been confirmed, as of yet.

The existence of this sub-forum is still misleading. At least, lock it until DiV can actually deliver questions with assurance of reply.
    Don't think so? Then, post the replies to the first (and only?) set of questions sent. =b
    Actually we did get a response to the first set of questions we submitted.

You must have missed it.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sit...questions.html

Icemage

Comment

I see no reason to lock it, on the other hand some REAL answers from SE would be rather nice.

Though the above link does get a laugh from me, I'm rather irritated that all of SE's, "listen to the voices of the peoples" speech has not happened at all.

I don't expect SE employees to be monitoring every single forum, but for crying out loud we're one of the six premier community sites, would it kill them to provide some feedback at least?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        If only there was a way to force people to pass a test on the subject before they could post here.
        there'd be like 15 of us.... and at least 7 of us would just flame each other. :o

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
          .... and at least 7 of us would just flame each other. :o
          That would be highly entertaining.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Why not lock the actual thread with the questions and open a thread for proposed questions to SE. Then add a poll or something to each question and the community gets to vote as to weather or not the question gets asked?

I've noticed a number of people just like to spam this forum with useless questions or phrase thier suggestion as a question and just spam it up here. Could be solved if the only people allowed to post here were the Super Moderators and they could pull questions that have a winning count from the Question Disscussion thread.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
              Actually we did get a response to the first set of questions we submitted.

You must have missed it.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sit...questions.html

>_> [GM]Dave response is not S-E response. Nice try.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                >_> [GM]Dave response is not S-E response. Nice try.
                :D

I think I need to stop reading Murphie's posts...

Icemage

Comment

Seriously, at least acknowledge that there's no question sent to S-E and no hope of response. Or, show proof otherwise.

- Mugaku

Comment

iirc, the former was indeed sent. as for the latter...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Don't think one time sending an e-mail to the wrong people who aren't going to answer the those questions counts for anything, but you're entitled to your interpretation.

I mean, I can sent questions like those posted here to S-E on its web forms. That's be just about as useful as posting questions to S-E here.

It's dishonest to have this sub-forum here, misleading people into thinking S-E would answer the questions here because they are posted here.

Of course, if anyone posting here thinking S-E would answer it, it'd be someone fairly dense in the head or new to the site. Don't really care about the dense people, but it's up to the admin/moderator team on whether to fool the newbies or not.

*shrug* Just recommending being more honest/nicer...

- Mugaku

Comment

I don't even know how I became a part of this conversation. ><;

I see both sides, btw. Itazura has a valid point, but on the other hand, I'm not so sure it's that big a deal.

Comment

Re: Rules for the &quot;Ask SquareEnix&quot; section.

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                          :D

I think I need to stop reading Murphie's posts...

Icemage
                          There's a way to fix that, people pointed it out to me. :P

Comment

Derail

- Mugaku

Comment

on the other hand, I'm not so sure it's that big a deal.
                              Honestly, given the fact that hardly anyone actually asks INTERESTING QUESTIONS anymore, if they even bother ASKING AT ALL, this forum is more of a 'rant' forum. But honestly, compared to actually having a rant forum, this is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                                Honestly, given the fact that hardly anyone actually asks INTERESTING QUESTIONS anymore, if they even bother ASKING AT ALL, this forum is more of a 'rant' forum. But honestly, compared to actually having a rant forum, this is fine.
                                Which begs the question: "Why is this forum's Question/Suggestion sub forum so desolate?"

This isn't the only one, but others seem to be thriving.

Comment

Working...
                                X