Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Could the object properties in Mamook be adjusted to be less disorientating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the object properties in Mamook be adjusted to be less disorientating?

I've had some parties in Mamook from time to time where we'll EXP in the pits on War Wyverns, Puks and various Mamool. These camps are very disorienting due to things like torches and columns registering as a physical object to the in-game camera.

This makes it very hard to perform various PT functions well in such an area, is there any way to fix or plans to make the camera ignore such objects? Walls are one thing, but this is something else.

Note: I hate playing in first-person.

Re: Disorientation in Mamook

I think the only option is to work around it as best you can there. It can be frustrating though, I agree. :(

Comment

Re: Disorientation in Mamook

There's a "lock camera behind your character" function, but I've never been able to figure out how to control it. Sometimes it comes on when I don't want it and other times when I *do* want it I can't get it to turn on.

I'd suggest giving player control of the camera higher priority over the automatic camera movement and fading out things that would otherwise block the view, but it's possible that could be abused to look through walls.
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
      X