Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your FFXI goals of the week!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cidbahamut
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    I haven't tried the Armando Anti-WS Bullshit method yet, but I just might now that you have reminded me about it. He does use some sort of bow WS though and it goes right through shadows too so it might be a crap shoot anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Goal: Rope someone into helping me with the Tenzen fight. I've tried three different approaches to soloing it with no success.
    I have no experience with post-75 CoP, but have you tried using Armando's Patented Anti-WS Bullshit? I.e. 1st person view, remove target lock, and run backwards in a circle? Stops all melee-range WS as long as you're moving. Of course, that's only relevant when he has his Great Katana out, but hey, if Cosmic Elucidation is what's killing you, you could probably prevent that altogether. Also, if I remember correctly, if he built TP with the bow but didn't use a bow WS, he'll probably try to WS you as soon as he switches back to GK, which you can avoid with my method.

    Leave a comment:


  • cidbahamut
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Sweet!

    Let me know when you're back on Valefor and we'll hammer out a time to go wipe the floor with him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Goal: Rope someone into helping me with the Tenzen fight. I've tried three different approaches to soloing it with no success.

    Also goal: yell at Verizon some more until they stabilize my internet connection.
    Tenzen you say? I do believe I can help with that once I get back to Valefor. I do believe so...

    Leave a comment:


  • cidbahamut
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Goal: Rope someone into helping me with the Tenzen fight. I've tried three different approaches to soloing it with no success.

    Also goal: yell at Verizon some more until they stabilize my internet connection.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Goals for this week:

    Admit to Cerberus Server that I shall no longer be transfering there once my 90 days is up. I shall instead, be returning from whence I came... to Valefor.

    Goal: Accomplished.

    Leave a comment:


  • Squiggs
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
    1) Finish the second Elemental trial and the first light geode trial.
    2) Cleave for gold boxes for DNC and WAR feet
    3) Level DRG and THF to 49
    4) Start levelling RDM to cap.
    Goals for this week:

    1) Finishing CoP for at least one other person (and as many as three) in the LS
    2) Cleave for gold boxes for DNC feet
    3) Level DRG, RDM, and THF to 49
    4) Start levelling BLM to cap

    Leave a comment:


  • Yellow Mage
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    This week, it's to level Paladin and get enough Beastman Seals for another Royal Jelly orb, and proceed to farm that BC come this weekend.

    Also, get acquainted with the new LS.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ketaru
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Looks like the Walk of Echoes honeymoon is over. This past weekend, just having the numbers to complete Conflux 7 was a struggle. Guess I'll be finishing Alard's Axe next update.

    Until then, gonna spend countless hours trying to farm a Wizzan Grip. Because I definitely am not paying for it...

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Fun activity suggestion: Watch any episode of Winnie the Pooh and infer sexual innuendo in between the lines. It makes any dull afternoon wildly entertaining.

    Also... another fun suggestion that got me through a lot of boring afternoons when the internet went down in college: Split your cable between 2 televisions and watch any show that targets children under the age of 10 on mute. Turn the other TV onto the War/History channel and face it away from you so all you can do is hear it. Enjoy.

    Picture an episode of Winnie the Pooh where Rabbit and Piglet are trying to make and fly kites... to the sounds of a documentary about World War 2 Tactical Bombers. True story.

    It helps to add beer... but it's not necessary.

    Leave a comment:


  • Neverslip
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    I wasn't sure how long it would take but I knew this phalic reference might draw you out, Yyg.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
    The rod would move to the right and I'd push my stick.
    Go on...

    Leave a comment:


  • Neverslip
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    My goal ... which I don't have time for atm... is to catch up to my LS in WotG Sandy. Got the fishing bit done last night. Last one was really giving me problems cuz the lag was making the visuals not line up with the gameplay. The rod would move to the right and I'd push my stick to the left but I'd lose ground with the fish. Was really frustrating. All I can say is the Halcyon cut it down to a do-able rate over what I used for the other two KIs (Composite).

    Leave a comment:


  • Yellow Mage
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    I'll be taking WHM to 50 by this weekend, just because. Subsequently, I shall restart my Tiger-poaching on the PLD saddle.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ketaru
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    My goal right now is just working on a fake Farsha. Sad, I know.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X