Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dat Mining Results (Holy CRAP @ Relic & Mythic Augments!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dat Mining Results (Holy CRAP @ Relic & Mythic Augments!)

Originally posted by GosamerWings View Post
    Ah the end of days for nin subs without a real reason... I love this update, I just decided to start playing again after many many years of not really being around. I picked a very nice time. -makes a dancer.
    Did you get a different update from the rest of us? Because /NIN is alive and well.

DNC getting Dual Wield isn't exactly a gamechanger. You could go DNC/SAM before this update and still do well, you were just gong to take hits in the process. /NIN still prevents it and DNC didn't get Utsusemi.

Comment

If you're going to be doing any healing at all I'm of the opinion /nin is still the preferred sub for dnc. It's nice that I can /sam or /war now and lay down some decent damage, however, the majority of dnc aren't invited to a party to DD but instead in a support capacity to provide healing, haste, debuffs and stuns. I'm under no illusion that if a party leader wanted DD he'd invite sam/drg/war.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
        If you're going to be doing any healing at all I'm of the opinion /nin is still the preferred sub for dnc. It's nice that I can /sam or /war now and lay down some decent damage, however, the majority of dnc aren't invited to a party to DD but instead in a support capacity to provide healing, haste, debuffs and stuns.
        But /nin doesn't help you do any of those things, and /sam does (because all your abilities are powered by TP).

I'm under no illusion that if a party leader wanted DD he'd invite sam/drg/war.
        Probably true, but what does it have to do with sj choice?
        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
        RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

DNC getting Dual Wield isn't exactly a gamechanger.
          DWIV is a pretty damned large bonus - and for weapons with Delay as low as daggers, that's a TP boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
            But /nin doesn't help you do any of those things, and /sam does (because all your abilities are powered by TP).
            If you're healing on Dnc you're going to receive a great deal of aggro which is where the only real benefit of /Nin comes in to play. It's pointless being the healer in the party where every second waltz is needed to be cast on yourself. Due to the nature of Dnc healing, namely stacking Chr, there's an issue with lack of -enmity gear that can be equipped so unlike mage healers we're prone to pulling aggro relatively often.

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
            Probably true, but what does it have to do with sj choice?
            Many Dnc receive invites to parties as a support job then turn up as /war or /sam and proceed to try and top the meters by spamming WS's, Haste Samba, etc oblivious to the state of the party. If you're there as support then you should be mindful of things like party health and switch in Drain Samba if it's apparent the situation requires it. The dual wield update has led to a number of bad Dnc out there trying to be a ghetto DD when in reality they fall significantly behind true DD jobs while providing none of the benefits they're meant to bring to the party.

Comment

Yeah it honestly pisses me the hell off when a DNC will only use Haste Samba, even when it's not even relevant.

I guess they don't realize that a PLD can get a nice chunk of MP off Colibri with Aspir Samba 2.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                If you're healing on Dnc you're going to receive a great deal of aggro which is where the only real benefit of /Nin comes in to play. It's pointless being the healer in the party where every second waltz is needed to be cast on yourself. Due to the nature of Dnc healing, namely stacking Chr, there's an issue with lack of -enmity gear that can be equipped so unlike mage healers we're prone to pulling aggro relatively often.
                Party? Like exp party? I rarely see DNC in parties these days, but I did have one two nights ago:

NIN/WAR, NIN/WAR, SAM/NIN (me!), DNC/COR, BRD/NIN, RDM/WHM (Sync'ed to Lv.75, then Lv.76.)

HP cured:
                RDM: 4113
                DNC: 30153

As you can see, the main healer was the DNC.

Damage taken:
                NIN/WAR (Innen user): 5577 (19.60%)
                SAM/NIN: 5505 (19.35%)
                DNC/COR: 1455 (5.11%)
                NIN/WAR: (first provoke): 14262 (50.13%)
                BRD/NIN: 1651 (5.80%)

Despite not having Utsusemi, the DNC took less damage than the BRD. I love /NIN, but in a party like that, /COR would be the best SJ for DNC, IMO, and that was exactly what that DNC used.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                Yeah it honestly pisses me the hell off when a DNC will only use Haste Samba, even when it's not even relevant.

I guess they don't realize that a PLD can get a nice chunk of MP off Colibri with Aspir Samba 2.
                If the PLD can hit those critters, sure.

My beef is the exact opposite--the vast majority of the time when DNCs should use Haste Samba, they do Drain Samba or no samba at all. As a DNC-as-SJ-only person, I should not have to harass a DNC75+ all night to keep up the Haste Samba up and use steps.

Oh, and Stutter Step is so underused, it's almost like a tell sign that I got a smart DNC when I see it.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Wow... whoops my comment started all that. I just meant it was nice to have options now. O.o;;;;; I didn't mean the end of days for /nin. I literally said: ...without a reason. I haven't played for an extremely long time, so I haven't even played dancer yet XD. (Well I have since the comment... but that's besides the point). I just remember the days when you were gimp if you didn't have a nin sub on certain jobs in the eyes of a party leader because of lack of dual wield and shadows. But now in more situations, (especially the lower levels) there is a lil more leeway for subs now with another class getting dual wield. And I personally have no aspirations of leveling a ninja at all (not my cup of tea). That doesn't mean I wont ever do it, just it's not something I particularly care much for. In my eyes it's a huge money sink.

P.S. This is all based on the opinion of someone who hasn't played any content in more then 5 years.
                  Last edited by GosamerWings; 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM.
                  Fighting without knowledge of the battle is like wacking at a tree with a rusty sword badly in need of repair.

P.S. ..if a male mithra is ever made available for this game I don't care what level I am I would start over in a heartbeat. Just something about playing a female as a male that bothers me.. Not for the dex.. but because I like cats

Comment

See this is how wars are started!! lol
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                      See this is how wars are started!! lol

OMG... but the button... the button was so shiny!!!!!
                      Fighting without knowledge of the battle is like wacking at a tree with a rusty sword badly in need of repair.

P.S. ..if a male mithra is ever made available for this game I don't care what level I am I would start over in a heartbeat. Just something about playing a female as a male that bothers me.. Not for the dex.. but because I like cats

Comment

Working...
                      X