Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses" Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses" Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

Or, How Has Nobody Made a Thread on This Yet?

----

The official promotional video for "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat — Evil in Small Doses," the new add-on scenario currently on track for a Monday, July 20th release, is now available for your viewing pleasure!

Get a sneak peek of the new adventure at the official site!

----

Watch the video, for it is awesome.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Re: "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses" Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

I'll wait for the reviews this time. <_<
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Re: &quot;A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses&quot; Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

LOL KUPOCALYPSE! OMG MY SIDES! Im loving what I'm seeing, looks to be really funny, I already purchased this and am lookin forward to the content =P
      Originally posted by Van Wilder
      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
      Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Re: &quot;A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses&quot; Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

that looked pretty cool ;p and funny ^.^
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I'm just interested in anything with moogles it in XD
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

I won't repost the whole thing, but the MKD questline is actually set up worse then the ACP one. It's just as short, only with twice the amount of speed bump BS "quests". No story would be worth it for the hoops they make you jump through. And it's especially bad when compared to the WotG story stuff we get for free is just leagues better.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Here’s a brief summary of my first few missions. Took maybe a good 4+ hours.

1/4 on orc drop, 30 people competing for mobs
              1/35 on quad drop, 25 people competing for mobs
              2/85 on yad drop, (duoing,the 83rd and 85th yads dropped), 75 people competing for mobs
              No beastman was alive for more than 5 seconds.

1/11 mining, 15 people competing for point in Zer Mines
              1/90ish Logging, 20 people competing for points in that orc area by sandy
              0/5 so far on harvesting…got tired, about 5 people competing

Im sure in a week or two it won’t be as bad but…I want that head!

Reward thus far…a very soar tab finger…
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Sounds yawn... busy work, no challenge, same thing as before--kill random weak mobs and connect the dots, insert occasional boss. I haven't even finished the first one yet, and I'm not buying this one until I do.

Comment

Would have killed SE to just admit they are selling the items (with a bunch of CS for service) and simply send you around Vana to get those CS and fights without the retarded item hunt?

I mean they know it, we know it. So why try to deny it.
                  sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Would it have killed them to give us an actual mission chain? Hell, set it up like ToAU, super linear, fairly simple, limited leg work but plenty of fun(and this is the big thing they're missing) fights and BCs. Hell, even Ranks 1-6 were more fun then these crappy excuses for "story" expansions. I know SE wanted some parts to be repeatable, but they could have been much better if they were more like ENMs, find X item, fight Y mob, get Z reward, wait, rinse, repeat.

10 Gil says the next Expansionette involves a level capped romp through Den of Rancor.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

But SE was for the quick buck this time around.

Like I said when ACP went live, 1/100 the content for 1/3 of the price of a regular expansion is a pretty good deal for SE. Specially if players are blind enough to condone it by buying it.

What I said at the time (and what would still bug me if it wasn't because I don't think I'll last long playing XI) was that it was a bad precedent because SE could opt to go with the novelette approach and stop making expansions altogether. And with XIV approaching I wouldn't be surprised WotG was the last full expansion and only this novelette crap remained instead.

Kupo.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                        And with XIV approaching I wouldn't be surprised WotG was the last full expansion and only this novelette crap remained instead.
                        I'm more concerned this laughable excuse for content is the shape of things to come in FFXIV.

Comment

I'm not concerned about FFXIV because in the past few years, especially most recently, SE has been trying a lot of new, great concepts. Unfortunately it's too little too late, and never enough to sate the hungers of the ingrained player base. But the potential is there, the "small" new things they've added recently would have been *incredible* five years ago. And anyone who's gone through the WotG quests and missions can attest that their story telling and CS abilities have improved by leaps and bounds beyond anything that should have been expected in an MMO.

FFXIV will be phenomenal, FFXI is what's going to be suffering if they keep this up. These expansionette's are 0/2 now, but people still bought it blindly just for the gear. And that's sending the wrong message to SE. As long as people buy it, SE will make it. And there's no doubt in my mind that Shantotto's little tale will follow the same old fetch quest and time sink blueprint it's predecessors pioneered. And despite knowing this, people will still buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            FFXIV will be phenomenal, FFXI is what's going to be suffering if they keep this up. These expansionette's are 0/2 now, but people still bought it blindly just for the gear. And that's sending the wrong message to SE. As long as people buy it, SE will make it. And there's no doubt in my mind that Shantotto's little tale will follow the same old fetch quest and time sink blueprint it's predecessors pioneered. And despite knowing this, people will still buy it.
                            Precisely the reason why RMT have had such a large impact on this game compared to so many others. Huge chunks of the playerbase buy gil to gear their characters, the same people have no issue spending RL cash on S-E sanctioned RMT. I bet you easily over a third of the people to frequent these forums have at one point bought gil.

Comment

Are all you guys capable of just bitching and whining anymore?

We knew right from the day we had the previous mini-expansion that the others would follow a similar structure and flow just based on the reward scheme.

And stop this crap about "people are buying it just for the end reward" - those random augmented items are a pretty nice incentive to repeat these missions. We don't know what augments are going down this time, either, they could be different things. Had I the time right now to play, I'd be all over repeating some of these missions just for the augmented gears for my RNG and BST. Its randomized, sure, but you never know, you might get something else useful.

Finally, we're doing missions in what's supposed to be zones that were designed for level 50 play at best, that and this one is themed around moogles. Can't say I'm surprised its pretty basic fetch-quest stuff with boss fights thrown in, considering many of the quests and missions in the game are just that - fetchquests and boss fights. Sure, CoP had some variety, but nooooooo you and everyone else had to complain about that, so now SE makes missions like these.

Also, you never got WotG missions for free, you paid $30 dollars to get in on day one.

Finally, surprised no one caught the Chocobo Tales/Mysterious Dungeon series reference yet. Go, Go Mog X! He's a kuporhero!

Comment

Working...
                              X