Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses" Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses" Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Like I said, I'm fairly sure the move isn't instant; Wiki claims that there's enough time to walk out of its range, and from the little I've been able to observe, that appears to be the case.

I've only done the fight twice, both times joining a random pickup group out of pure curiosity. Naturally since I'd never done it before and I didn't want to gamble on the success of people I don't know, I mainly stuck to the default strategies. First group failed due to timeout; the healers didn't seem to have too much trouble. On the second group I started experimenting with the range, to see how far I could get without triggering Draw In (which interrupts spells and happens frequently enough to be a huge pain in the ass.) During that process I got charmed two or three times. It was rather uneventful. I got slept, a DD got pulled in, he kept running away, I woke up, pulled hate back, and the fight went on. Sadly, Seed of Judgment caused a wipe.

I was unprepared because, thanks to running constantly in the first fight, I didn't have a clear look at the Charm move's animation; and I was distracted with testing various distances anyways. But I would like to test it out a bit more when I do ACP and see what the margin of error for getting out of range of Charm is. Standing up close with a Joyeuse and enspells and spamming Atonement is surely a step up hate-wise and in terms of completion speed compared to standing running around doing absolutely nothing save for throwing out two spells once every 15-20 seconds when the boss stops to do something. Likewise, it would be a step up for the few close range DDs that can't /ra (MNK and DRG?) to go /DNC and simply run out of Charm range, than to stay out of range constantly and only be able to WS the boss.Pretty sure, from tanking it first-hand, that Draw In doesn't really waste the mob's time in any way, and running away only really avoids the Charm move. You'll get pounded with everything else, since you won't make it too far before getting Drawn In. So, if you could avoid Charm without running constantly, you would lose nothing, and gain much more hate and a significant amount of damage output.
    my PT last night tried the fight, we got tit to 20% before things... "went bad" ;p

PLD DRG RNG RNG RDM WHM worked really well

I went DRG/BLU and every time I could I would healing breath anyone that needed it. That helped alot healing wise. I was also on Thrall duty, I would kill any that showed up, then if I had enough TP, WS the crystal.

This second time we do it (tonight) our RDM and WHM will be better prepared item wise, and I am bringing a wing for an extra WS in there where its needed.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Re: "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses" Trailer Goes Live! (07/10/2009)

anything about the story?

Comment

Working...
      X