Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming back perhaps..FFXI, Population/Acitivity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back perhaps..FFXI, Population/Acitivity...

Greetings,

I played FFXI many years ago (around the time of the 2nd expansion) I am considering coming back to the game as I'm pretty tired of what else is out there. WoW is to full of annoying children who worship chuck norriss.. it's to easy/spoonfed. EQ is on its deathknell as you can spend 5-8+ hours looking for a group and the game generally consists of sitting in the same spot never moving for hours pressing the same 1-2 buttons.

I'm looking for a change in FFXI I wanted to know what is the population like these days is there a good server to come back too and start out on? Are groups or guild that group together generally easy to find? I love playing support roles that stay active and hybrid-ish types like RDM inparticular.

I do like logging in and being able to find some kind instant action be it with finding a in-guild group or being able to LFG and find something relatively quick not a big fan of downtime or standing around and doing nothing for hours.

Re: Coming back perhaps..FFXI, Population/Acitivity...

Originally posted by wiremuse View Post
    Greetings,

I played FFXI many years ago (around the time of the 2nd expansion) I am considering coming back to the game as I'm pretty tired of what else is out there. WoW is to full of annoying children who worship chuck norriss.. it's to easy/spoonfed. EQ is on its deathknell as you can spend 5-8+ hours looking for a group and the game generally consists of sitting in the same spot never moving for hours pressing the same 1-2 buttons.

I'm looking for a change in FFXI I wanted to know what is the population like these days is there a good server to come back too and start out on? Are groups or guild that group together generally easy to find? I love playing support roles that stay active and hybrid-ish types like RDM inparticular.

I do like logging in and being able to find some kind instant action be it with finding a in-guild group or being able to LFG and find something relatively quick not a big fan of downtime or standing around and doing nothing for hours.
    There are big servers and smaller ones, FFXI as a whole is not really dying. The majority of the population has multiple 75 jobs, so the lower levels tend to be a bit slower. Server to server and when you play can really determine how quick you get a group. Red Mage isn't really a hybrid-ish type if your talking about melee and mage (not to bring up that arguement again). If you do come back and want to not seek for a party long I would suggest leveling a tank class, a support class, or red mage.
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Greetings,

the population, atleast on my server I noticed is around 1500-2000 durring the week, it might be higher on weekends and events though. Also, you wont really party till like level 10+ or atleast that is what I have heard. I kind of think that for some things you will have to wait awhile for NMs and other things to pop up and fight. This is not a easy game, but I do think you will have to wait hours for certain things to come up. Maybe not, I am new myself and I am just telling you what I have read on these forums xD.
      Name: Bluecat
      Main Jobs:
      SMN14, DRG8, RDM30
      Sub Jobs: BLM13,WHM7,NIN7,SAM2,DRK4
      Linkshell(s): (Owner) RainbowOverHolla

Comment

I don't mind waiting on somethings such as raid or npc camping type situations just generally refering to the amount of time it takes to actually find a group or "do something" i'm not o particularly worried if something is easy or not. In fact i'm in favor of a challenge but i just want to make sure that there is pretty much something always productive to do in game without having to stand in one place for hours doing nothing but looking for a group etc..

If anyone could reccomend any specific servers or guilds/linkshells to look into I'd appreciate it especially if they're old-player friendly=)

Comment

I don't mind waiting on somethings such as raid or npc camping type situations just generally refering to the amount of time it takes to actually find a group or "do something" i'm not o particularly worried if something is easy or not. In fact i'm in favor of a challenge but i just want to make sure that there is pretty much something always productive to do in game without having to stand in one place for hours doing nothing but looking for a group etc..

If anyone could reccomend any specific servers or guilds/linkshells to look into I'd appreciate it especially if they're old-player friendly=)
          Bahamut is one of the bigger servers, Ifrit is smaller has a few goof linkshells socially, Kujata is tiny with a few less big socials, Cerberus seems a bit bigger then Ifrit and kujata.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
            Bahamut is one of the bigger servers, Ifrit is smaller has a few goof linkshells socially, Kujata is tiny with a few less big socials, Cerberus seems a bit bigger then Ifrit and kujata.
            Seeing that you are from Cerebus yourself.. what're your personal opinions on Cerberus in general how the linkshells and such are there and the higher end/raiding scene? As well as the lower level environment..

Also a bit off topic does anyone know if any sites like Direct2Drive sell the 2008 All in one for pay-for-download or should I go ahead and pick up a physical box now.
            Last edited by wiremuse; 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM. Reason: added question

Comment

Seeing that you are from Cerebus yourself.. what're your personal opinions on Cerberus in general how the linkshells and such are there and the higher end/raiding scene? As well as the lower level environment..
              I played on Ifrit the longest.
              Then was on Kujata for 8 months.
              I have only been on cerberus for 2 weeks, so I couldn't give you a full overview of the server, Quetz or Ziero could tho.

There is a good amount of chances for end game on Cerberus, low levels I have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevv View Post
                I played on Ifrit the longest.
                Then was on Kujata for 8 months.
                I have only been on cerberus for 2 weeks, so I couldn't give you a full overview of the server, Quetz or Ziero could tho.

There is a good amount of chances for end game on Cerberus, low levels I have no clue.
                Thanks for all the info appreciate the swift replies too.

Will still be a few days I think before I'm in since it looks like I'll have to hunt down a boxed version since there doesn't seem to be any pay-for-download options.

Comment

In about a Week the Vana'Diel Collection 2008 is coming out for the PC that will have the game, and all of the expansion packs. Though I'm not sure of the price, but I do know that it is reservable at GameStop. I personally live on Hades with Kittyneko, and its pretty lively there. There are a good share of jerks here, but the good part of the population is nice. There are lots of endgame HNMLS/Dynamis shells, If you happen to come into my server I can get you one. I'm always looking for new friends that can type well, As its one of my pet peeves.
                  c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Proud hater of Windows Vista since Windows XP Service Pack Two!

My limit break involves a moose, the demon Baphomet, and a Kuiper Belt object. It takes four hours and you cant skip any of the cutscenes.
                  She's coming around for another pass! Do we Fight, Use an Item, or Run?
                  FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN? DECIDE!

Dont look a gift lion in the mouth!

Perscription strength Assault!
                  Side effects may include joint pain, loss of mobility, and fainting.

Comment

Greetings,

I played FFXI many years ago (around the time of the 2nd expansion) I am considering coming back to the game as I'm pretty tired of what else is out there. WoW is to full of annoying children who worship chuck norriss.. it's to easy/spoonfed.
                    Thats one of many reasons why i quite WoW. that and how
                    much u get blasted for bein a shadow priest tryin to get non-heal gear at end-game. but to not totally derail this thread...

Come to seraph and pt with my RDM cuz as i have stated before, RDM's are full of win and awesome. that and im tryin to look for a static duoer for my BLU, the only class to rival my love of RDM ^_^ /drool..... sorry lost focus there. besides me there are a few other people on this server there who will be more than happy to get you retrained in the ways of FFXI. plus im in a social LS that has some lowbies in there that i PL every now and then, be happy to include ya.

as far as finding a quick group, good luck on that unless u are a BRD, WHM, NIN, or PLD cuz then ull be standing there sometimes a few minutes, sometimes an hour. however while you are just standing there i recommend crafting as a way to pass the time and make a lil cash.

Dont let the downtime issue be the main thing that pushes you away from this awesome game. when i first started i hated the fact that i had to find a party after a certain level. however after switching to that three letter word we have mentioned earlier, i found that i am better suited for the party style of play that FFXI offers.

i think im done with stories.

Later
                    sigpic

Never Interuppt Your Enemy When He Is Making A Mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaelachan View Post
                      In about a Week the Vana'Diel Collection 2008 is coming out for the PC that will have the game, and all of the expansion packs. Though I'm not sure of the price, but I do know that it is reservable at GameStop. I personally live on Hades with Kittyneko, and its pretty lively there. There are a good share of jerks here, but the good part of the population is nice. There are lots of endgame HNMLS/Dynamis shells, If you happen to come into my server I can get you one. I'm always looking for new friends that can type well, As its one of my pet peeves.
                      Thank you. I will wait for the 2008 collection I went and pre-ordered a couple copies.

When I do come back to the game I'll be starting from lvl 1 again since it has been so long since I've played. I'm still not sure what class I'll be playing but I'm leaning towards RDM, BRD, or WHM. Dancer and Scholar both look very interesting as well so I'll be looking into those a little more in depth as well.

Comment

Thank you. I will wait for the 2008 collection I went and pre-ordered a couple copies.

When I do come back to the game I'll be starting from lvl 1 again since it has been so long since I've played. I'm still not sure what class I'll be playing but I'm leaning towards RDM, BRD, or WHM. Dancer and Scholar both look very interesting as well so I'll be looking into those a little more in depth as well.
                        Just to let you know I heard a good amount newer people have gone to odin as well.

Comment

On the basis of Population, Midgarsormr and Phoenix are probably the most populated. Siren has lots of PVP activity, and Hades and Remora have EU players.

I've been playing since the NA launch, If you want to start on Hades I got you a gold world pass, The code is: 6931700931 (167 hours until pass becomes invalid)

I'd give you 10,000GIL and craft anything you needed to wear on WHM or BRD for you if you came and joined me on Hades. Where do you live by the way? I'm on EDT time, so It would be about Noon if you're EU or Around 5:55 Japanese time
                          c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Proud hater of Windows Vista since Windows XP Service Pack Two!

My limit break involves a moose, the demon Baphomet, and a Kuiper Belt object. It takes four hours and you cant skip any of the cutscenes.
                          She's coming around for another pass! Do we Fight, Use an Item, or Run?
                          FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN? DECIDE!

Dont look a gift lion in the mouth!

Perscription strength Assault!
                          Side effects may include joint pain, loss of mobility, and fainting.

Comment

Seraph is full of win and awesome because my RDM, who just so happens to be full of win and awesome, is there too :D

but i guess in your situation ud prolly go to a more populated server

; ;

i see how it is
                            sigpic

Never Interuppt Your Enemy When He Is Making A Mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaelachan View Post
                              On the basis of Population, Midgarsormr and Phoenix are probably the most populated. Siren has lots of PVP activity, and Hades and Remora have EU players.

I've been playing since the NA launch, If you want to start on Hades I got you a gold world pass, The code is: 6931700931 (167 hours until pass becomes invalid)

I'd give you 10,000GIL and craft anything you needed to wear on WHM or BRD for you if you came and joined me on Hades. Where do you live by the way? I'm on EDT time, so It would be about Noon if you're EU or Around 5:55 Japanese time
                              Just a heads up, I sent you a private message.

Comment

Working...
                              X