• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yestopvp
    replied
    Re: Does anyone here do PvP?

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
    You are about 1 year and 4 months too late... Please check the last post date...

HAHA yea was top of list ~,~ sorry new to the site.

Leave a comment:

• Takelli
    replied

You are about 1 year and 4 months too late... Please check the last post date...

Leave a comment:

• Yestopvp
    replied

I used to pvp b4 ffxi died and my server went from 20k peeps online to around 2k online on average. Was most fun part about ffxi i think.

Leave a comment:

• Cotners
    replied

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    How do you think SE removes gil from the economy? They put trivial gil costs on everything that's convenient. You think it's just a little bit of gil but take a look at how much gil you lose in one day from renting chocobos, warping to Whitegate, withdrawing stored gear and putting stuff up on the AH.
    Don't forget dynamis and limbus costs. >.>

Leave a comment:

• Armando
    replied

How do you think SE removes gil from the economy? They put trivial gil costs on everything that's convenient. You think it's just a little bit of gil but take a look at how much gil you lose in one day from renting chocobos, warping to Whitegate, withdrawing stored gear and putting stuff up on the AH.

Leave a comment:

• Cotners
    replied

Originally posted by Prons View Post
    Sorry for a super bump, but for the life of me I can't figure out why on earth Brenner costs gil. I know it's only 400 gil but it's not like you get any rewards from it, right?
    So people won't do it.

Leave a comment:

• Prons
    replied

Sorry for a super bump, but for the life of me I can't figure out why on earth Brenner costs gil. I know it's only 400 gil but it's not like you get any rewards from it, right?

Leave a comment:

• Aeni
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
    I PvP more than I do anything else. When I PvP tho, it's not for scoring petras. We just host up a match in Diorama and have 1v1s and just have fun killing each other. The way it SHOULD be.

Ballista, the game; scoring petras and what-not, is the worst game I've ever played and I hate it with a passion, lol.
    Ballista is like Battlegrounds in WoW. It's gimmick PvP elements entertwined around some PvE centric goal. The payout is pretty similar, where you earn points for some rewards.

It's probably why I enjoy Arena much more than I should >.>

Leave a comment:

• Kittyneko
    replied

I think it's just about different times and locations.. Last time I did a real Ballista (real as in real pvp, not people wanting to challenge my Red Mage again..) was about 2 and a half years ago. I quite enjoyed playing Thief in 40 cap back then.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy
    replied

Yeah well, different servers = different communities. Some communities have more number of people who enjoy playing Ballista some, don't.

Leave a comment:

• Prons
    replied

Ballista depends on server? So like, there's "good" Ballista servers, and ones that have no ballista at all?

Leave a comment:

• Kafeen
    replied

Originally posted by Rain_Blade View Post
    Does anyone here do PvP? I'm just wondering since this section is pretty dead.
    I didn't even realise there was a PvP board here

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy
    replied

Seraph does have a good Ballista community
    Are you even on Seraph anymore?

Last 4 60 caps I attempted where either canceled or had 8 people at MOST.

I even have a friend who ballistas ALOT that can vouche. He was saying how ballista is being ruined and no one shows except the jp.

Uncaps even, there's barely above 4-6 per side, on a good day. Again; most are jp.

Leave a comment:

• Legionnaire
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
    Fenrir is a KNOWN server to have good ballistas, and lots of people who play it.
    Seraph ballistas are ALWAYS being canceled due to lack of players latly, so don't tell me.
    And yes, it IS an MMO based game, yet SE has been working on more soloable type mission (ToAU, likely WoTG/Campagin) there's absolutly no reason that a more PvP type of system shouldn't be added. No one ever said that ballista has to be taken away. But I'd place all my chips in that more people would play the killcount type PvP than ballista
    Exactly. Typical example of someone who enjoys killing more than scoring. Correct me if I'm wrong but, Lilth did not just say "AMAGAWD I GET SUCH A RUSH WHEN I TOSS THE PETRA AT THE FLOATER THING!"
    Yet to appease the more, 'I want to work with others' type players, there's no reason there can't be a team death match and what not.
    Don't get me wrong, maybe it's just my server; but it seems absolutly NO ONE is reliable anymore, no one has any idea what they're doing, and to rely on these people it seems impossible to do anything "team-based" on this game.
    I don't know what server you think you play on, but Seraph does have a good Ballista community. Aside from 30, 40, and 50 caps, (which even Fenrir doesn't have) Ballista is not canceled all the time. Uncaps are probably canceled frequently mainly because it's the most unbalanced Ballista cap there is.
    Ballista is about teamwork and strategy. If people want death matches, go to Diorama. Go to Fenrir, considering that's basically what their Ballista amounts to. Hell, go play Halo if you want mindless killing. To me this is what sets Ballista apart from everything else, that it's not about the killing.
    But I agree that PvP in general on FFXI needs some improvements. Brenner was a nice attempt at doing something new, but just failed miserably. Adding more scenarios, more zones, more options, even Ballista-only abilities or armor would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

I was on Fenrir, so I might be biased.

Yes, I enjoy PVP, although FFXI's system needs a lot of work (There is no reason why Taru mages should be able to be killed with a single shot, nor is there a reason why a single Taru mage should be able to screw over many members of the other team in a single spell)

I definitely enjoyed Brenner far more than Ballista, though. Quarrying is definitely the absolute WORST thing in FFXI PVP. It is boring, it looks stupid, and it wastes time. Gate breach is a good idea, allow people to get Gate breach WHEN THEY THEMSELVES SCORE A KILL, and then run to the rook to score. Tossing in Petras again looks stupid and wastes time, not to mention why the hell does your character take so much effort to throw it in? I'd have to get close to it, stop, slowly pull out the petra, and then toss it in. Compare that to the NBA, and last I checked even the NBA's 7 footers weren't FELLING FUCKING DRAGONS.

Brenner is just much more fun and reasonable to me, although the NPCs guarding the flames are a bit over powered.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X