• Good farming for Level 50

Anyone know any good spots for Farming at level 50... Suggestions welcome

Re: Good farming for Level 50

well what job are you?
    RESTLESSTORNADO OF RAMUH
    sigpic

Comment

You'll find that farming as a higher lvl just gives you more options but is not always really efficient. If you want to be successful at it you need to remember good money comes from SUPPLY and DEMAND. Watch the AH. The other day Sheep leather went from 8k a stack to 23k on my server. WOW. I went nuts. And it can work the same anywhere else. If you want good exp at any lvl look for places that have multiple mobs associated for killing. Example is the tele crags. You can generally mass kill bees, saplings, rams, and mandragora for items that stack and sell rapidly for 5k+ depending on your server. This may not seem like much but drop rates are decent and overall for a good days work you can make some nice gil.

Farming is time consuming one day in a place may be better than another. Stick to it. And for max results start crafting. Beehive chips 5k Beeswax 15k. SheepSkin 2oo gil Sheep leather 8k or so depending on server. You get the point I am sure.

And last but not least try to hit up an area that can cause an NM to pop for even more results. Dem for example. Kill bees, saplings and Sheep in the areas where there are windmills. Turn the beehive chips to wax, turn sheep skin to leather, stack grain seeds and vegetable seeds, as well as pots of honey. Eventually if your luck you'll run into Stray Mary in place of the sheep which drops Mary's Horn worth 250k on my server.

Without her drop you are looking at atleast 100k or more a day out there. But you have to spend the time. I spent 8 hours one day got horn drop and so many stacks off mobs I made over 700k easy that day. On another day I was lucky to get 75k.

I know this is getting a lil long and may not be the complete answer to your question, but use this info and apply it to other areas as well, in my opinion this is the true meaning of farming and ideas on how to really maximize your results.

Comment

Ok besides the Watch the AH thing and farming in the low lvl areas. Does anyone have good farming locations that can rake in gil ? I go to Bubu Pen alot but it is always crowded, wondering if there is any other items that NPC well that also have a decent drop rate. Preferably one that is not camped constantly
        Dahc Ramuh server
        San D'Oria Rank 6
        RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

Take it from me, there's no sure fire way to rake in gil in FFXI. At least none that I've found. Getting a decent amount of money requires you spend a lot of time farming, unless you get really lucky on a NM drop.

Comment

Go farm tree cuttings in the Boyahda tree or beehive chips and beastcoins in Giddeus.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dahc View Post
              Ok besides the Watch the AH thing and farming in the low lvl areas. Does anyone have good farming locations that can rake in gil ? I go to Bubu Pen alot but it is always crowded, wondering if there is any other items that NPC well that also have a decent drop rate. Preferably one that is not camped constantly
              some fish NPC nice 300-600 gil each.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Its not really farming, but I'd suggest fishing Moat Carp, they sell quickly on the AH and 4k+ a stack, not bad. And this can be done at just about any job level, just have to level fishing.

Comment

Working...
                X