A map of the internet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A map of the internet.

"Series of Tubes" is right up there with "Mountains of Web 1.0" in terms of my affinity for Geekiness :-[
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

While this is good, and humurous, I will be a killjoy and take This map of the internet anyday.

Road signs? Who needs 'em.
      Kindadarii (Bahamut)
      90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
      70.3 + 2 Woodworking
      52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

I've seen that one, but NO LABELS!!! I'm a Network Engineer, so I totally geek-out for this kind of stuff, but no labels is killing me..
        The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

the "key" if you want to call it that, can be found at http://www.opte.org/maps/

The map I linked to is the first one.
          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

BTW shouldn't this be in Computers of Off-topics?
            Possibly. I expected most of the discussion to be on FFXI and how tiny it is, etc.

Comment

Yeah, FFXI is remarkably small on the map.. but the game feels so large because there is so much content. I've been tasked out of my Taru butt this week trying to get gear for PLD (currently at level 40). The Bibiki Seashell was easy enough (talk to some ppl and wait till midnight JPN. OMG what an easy quest. I'm disgusted that more PLDs don't have it. It literally took me 15minutes of running around Whitegate..)

Also, I hate the Parade Gorget. Force drop mobs have the dumbest drop rate. But as I said, there is a lot of little busy-work that people can do, and that's what makes the game huge.

WoW is fairly linear. MMORPG for Retards.
              The Tao of Ren

Comment

Yes, lolwow. Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                  Rofl, I hope you dont mind, but I'm going to sig that. XD

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

I have been Eternalized. Thank you.

I serve to protect. Or something. I'm glad FFXI doesn't have Voice Chat.

Holy shyt. -_-
                    The Tao of Ren

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                      Yeah, FFXI is remarkably small on the map.. but the game feels so large because there is so much content. I've been tasked out of my Taru butt this week trying to get gear for PLD (currently at level 40). The Bibiki Seashell was easy enough (talk to some ppl and wait till midnight JPN. OMG what an easy quest. I'm disgusted that more PLDs don't have it. It literally took me 15minutes of running around Whitegate..)

Also, I hate the Parade Gorget. Force drop mobs have the dumbest drop rate. But as I said, there is a lot of little busy-work that people can do, and that's what makes the game huge.

Yes, Bibiki Seashell was an easy quest, it amazes me how lazy some people are. My husband and I are about 2/5 on Parade Gorget ... he got his on the first spawn of the mob, and we had extra pop items so we figured what the hell, might as well get me one, too, for the day when I do level my PLD and DRK. Long way in the future but it's there to remind me that I planned to level those jobs and now that I got the item, I have to.

And now, back to the main topic of discussion.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                      X