How do I get my sword signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get my sword signed

I just completed my BLU AF sword quest and I am wondering how I would go about signing it. I take it there is probably a NPC to talk to but have never seen anything reguarding this.
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: How do I get my sword signed

You can only sign crafted items when the crafter uses a special xtal bought from the Guild with Guild Points. You would have to be at least lv28 in that Craft as well I think to turn in GPs. Its signed with the crafters name too, not just whoevers name you want.

You cant get your sword signed as its R/Ex.
    Last edited by Aeolus; 04-19-2007, 03:05 PM. Reason: Lv28 in the Craft. Not Lv28.
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Aeolus is correct. Only craftable items can be signed, and only with the crafter's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus View Post
        You can only sign crafted items when the crafter uses a special xtal bought from the Guild with Guild Points. You would have to be at least lv28 in that Craft as well I think to turn in GPs. Its signed with the crafters name too, not just whoevers name you want.

You cant get your sword signed as its R/Ex.
        Darn. Maybe in 1 of the updates SE will add this ability to the AF gear. Or maybe they will make it a reward for the quest itself. Until then ill at least enjoy my sword.

Comment

Why would you want it signed though? It's RA/EX, obviously you got it yourself. Signing is a craftsman's mark, it's not something you trivially place on all of your things. Think how stupid it would be to make yourself a jacket, and then put a designer's tag on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            Why would you want it signed though? It's RA/EX, obviously you got it yourself. Signing is a craftsman's mark, it's not something you trivially place on all of your things. Think how stupid it would be to make yourself a jacket, and then put a designer's tag on it.
            The only reason why I ask is because when I looked up the quest to get it ,the picture showed the sword signed. I was more courious as to if any piece of equipt could be signed.

Comment

Where did you see a pic of the sword signed? If it was on alla, that's not signed. The text was spliced in in an image editing program to give credit to the person who took the shot.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Add a feature to add a signature to an existing R/Ex item? I'd rather be able to actually name my weapon. Now THAT would be cool.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                  Add a feature to add a signature to an existing R/Ex item? I'd rather be able to actually name my weapon. Now THAT would be cool.
                  That would be cool. I'd level RDM just to have a sword named "Slashy." I'd name my BLM AF weapon "Useless."
                  Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                  I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

I've always liked "Ride the Lightning"... now what type of weapon would that fit?

Comment

I want a Joyeuse to name it buttercup.

Actually I just want a Joyeuse.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                        Actually I just want a Joyeuse.
                        QFW but saddly i lost my high lvl ls and now i have a hard time to get a NIN or THFand BRD 66 or a full PT
                        "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                        "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                        "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

/em drool......Joyeuse

Comment

Originally posted by Srxjo View Post
                            QFW but saddly i lost my high lvl ls and now i have a hard time to get a NIN or THFand BRD 66 or a full PT
                            Two well-coordinated rdms can take it. I think I'm up to three Charby kills by rdm duo. It helps if you have a third person to take manta pops and more is always better of course, but you don't necessarily need that specific blink+bard setup to kill the NM. Us rdms can take care of ourselves and eachother just fine. ^^d
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                              Two well-coordinated rdms can take it. I think I'm up to three Charby kills by rdm duo. It helps if you have a third person to take manta pops and more is always better of course, but you don't necessarily need that specific blink+bard setup to kill the NM. Us rdms can take care of ourselves and eachother just fine. ^^d
                              Can you change servers for a little bit?
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X