Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo Racing Update Announced

(Edit: Eticket109 beat me to it)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

* The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

* For the update details, please refer to "Topics" on the official PlayOnline.com web site or PlayOnline Viewer which will be available on Wednesday, Mar. 28, 2007.

[Date & Time]
    Mar. 28, 2007 from 10:00 to 16:00 (PDT)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
    - Addition of Chocobo Racing system.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews10049.shtml
    Last edited by MisterCookie; 03-23-2007, 09:13 PM. Reason: Realized there's another thread
    MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Re: Chocobo Racing Update Announced

Yay, I guess. I suppose I am excited for Chocobo Racing.

Comment

1. [Important Update Details]? Hardly. You wanna add a stupid mini game in to distract us from the green !, gimme TetraMaster playable vs. PCs & NPCs alike. THEN we'll talk about important.

2. Does Square coordinate their maintenances with Microsoft? And if so, can I request the execution of the liason? This is the second time in recent history I can think of that SE & Microsoft have done maintenances/patches/updates on CONSECUTIVE days. C'mon guys. Seriously. Throw us guys that like their 360 a bone, and schedule the maintenances simultaneously. I mean...Microsoft's saying 14 hours. That'd only mean SE would run over Microsoft's by 2 or 3 hours.

Comment

2. Does Square coordinate their maintenances with Microsoft? And if so, can I request the execution of the liason? This is the second time in recent history I can think of that SE & Microsoft have done maintenances/patches/updates on CONSECUTIVE days. C'mon guys. Seriously. Throw us guys that like their 360 a bone, and schedule the maintenances simultaneously. I mean...Microsoft's saying 14 hours. That'd only mean SE would run over Microsoft's by 2 or 3 hours
        Bad idea. When there's a connection problem/bug, it would be difficult to determine which update is causing it.
        MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

If you don't like the XB360 maintenence, ask a friend for their FFXI PC discs. Install, return to friend. All you need to play FFXI is a POL ID, you don't need to buy your copies of the software individually, as long as you own the system to play it on. At least, that's how it should work, given that FFXI has been added to some netcafes.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            If you don't like the XB360 maintenence, ask a friend for their FFXI PC discs. Install, return to friend. All you need to play FFXI is a POL ID, you don't need to buy your copies of the software individually, as long as you own the system to play it on. At least, that's how it should work, given that FFXI has been added to some netcafes.
            Yep, agreed. Just go on PC if you don't like the maint. on the BOX...

The only thing he WOULD have to buy is future expansion discs...

/shrug

Comment

again, he could just use his friend's expansion discs and buy the discs for his 360

Comment

Originally posted by Tekumel View Post
                1. [Important Update Details]? Hardly. You wanna add a stupid mini game in to distract us from the green !, gimme TetraMaster playable vs. PCs & NPCs alike. THEN we'll talk about important.
                What's "the green"?

Do you know anyone personally who plays TetraMaster?
                Do you know how many people are waiting for chocobo racing?

Just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean it's not important.

Comment

he meant the seeking party arrow.

And I agree, chocobo racing is far more in demand than tetra master.

Comment

again, he could just use his friend's expansion discs and buy the discs for his 360
                    Yeah, but if he's moving away from 360, why would he buy expansions discs in the future for it?

Comment

I'm saying, use a PC during maintenence.

and still, i'd recommend buying console exp discs, more people play on PC so those are easier to find later on.

Comment

I'm saying, use a PC during maintenence.

and still, i'd recommend buying console exp discs, more people play on PC so those are easier to find later on.
                        I suppose. I switched from PS2 to PC. I still buy PS2 software when they come out to keep it updated. I just use my GF's PC discs to update my machine. heh

Comment

lol, its ok, no one really replied to my post

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

For a while I had FFXI on both my PS2 and PC, and since I was the only one out of my friends with it on PS2, I just bought the PS2 version for myself and used their PC disks to update my laptop when it came to it.

But enough about that, who's excited about Chocobo Racing?!?! Wooo!!!

Now we'll see how all those ppl who have all STR and no END end up at the races.
                            The Tao of Ren
                            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                            Originally posted by Kaeko
                            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Actually, I think it'd be pretty cool for TetraMaster to have an in-game incarnation, or to be actually integrated with the game. People might actually pay the slightest bit of attention to it then, and it could pass time while people are lfp. The biggest problem as it is is that you have to not be playing FFXI to play it.

Btw guys, if you're posting some news that you would like to be moved to the front page, please avoid using the [quote] tag. For some reason it interacts strangely with the layout elements on that page and the text flows right out of the box.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X