Re: New Assault Area Overview
I'm thinking at this point you're basically screwed on getting through 5 floors if you get the lanterns in order one. You really just have to hope for a lantern everyone has to touch, or a kill all enemies or something.
Someone asked earlier if the Archaic ramparts are true sight or sound, the answer is no. Ran right by them with sneak/invis up. I would guess the same holds true for the Archaic gears, though they do link to the ramparts.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New Assault Area Overview
Collapse
X
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Are there any clues as to which order is the right order? It hardly seems reasonable to expect people to just guess...
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Definite agreement here, I'm really not liking this, at least with pick up groups. Until some concrete solution is posed, or you just know how to order stupid people around really well, I'd suggest going with friends whenever is possible. o_oOriginally posted by Caspian View PostHad one where we had to light all the lamps at once, except for one lamp. Once all the others are lit at once, then you light the last one to finish the floor.
About lighting them in order. Spent a LONG time on one floor trying to light them in the right order. It seemed they'd randomly all turn on for a second and it would say something along the lines of "Confirming action" or something to that effect. After that everyone had the option to light theirs and had to figure out the order. Never could figure out for sure what that meant and ended up getting stuck on that floor for the rest of the time.
Note: seems pretty necessary for everyone to have oils and powders for areas to get past certain mobs, especially those that aggro magic. Also friend had a bird pop next to him and aggro immediately, no delay whatsoever.
If anyone else has more to add about the lamps in order, I'd love to hear it. Right now I'm going out on a limb and saying that the lamps in order is the gayest thing I've seen so far.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Had one where we had to light all the lamps at once, except for one lamp. Once all the others are lit at once, then you light the last one to finish the floor.
About lighting them in order. Spent a LONG time on one floor trying to light them in the right order. It seemed they'd randomly all turn on for a second and it would say something along the lines of "Confirming action" or something to that effect. After that everyone had the option to light theirs and had to figure out the order. Never could figure out for sure what that meant and ended up getting stuck on that floor for the rest of the time.
Note: seems pretty necessary for everyone to have oils and powders for areas to get past certain mobs, especially those that aggro magic. Also friend had a bird pop next to him and aggro immediately, no delay whatsoever.
If anyone else has more to add about the lamps in order, I'd love to hear it. Right now I'm going out on a limb and saying that the lamps in order is the gayest thing I've seen so far.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
gah, I wish I could get on, then maybe I could join you rei XD
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
the NMs drop the ??? item that relates to their real drop (so Lizzy drops ??? Footgear from her chest). Get the item appraised for a chance at their real drop, just like you would if you killed the NM outside Nyzul. At least, I think thats the answer to your question.
And no prob KoukiRyu. Took us forever yesterday figuring it out and wondering why some would stay on, but others would fade. When we finally got it we had 2 min left so we just kicked ourselves for tokens.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Probably too soon to know for sure, but, do the NM's drop the items they once did, or is all the really good drops the ??? items from the end of each floor?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Ohhh! Thank you so much! :D We had so much trouble with it, and couldn't quite figure it out...it didn't help that some of my party members were idiots.Originally posted by Gobo View PostTheres 3 different types of lamps:
Everyone touch 1 at the same time
Light all at the same time
Light them in the right order
The last one is really annoying, pretty much as to be done by trial and error. Have the group set up an order to go, follow that order and once all are turned on the lamps will light. If one was lit in its proper spot (like someone lit the 3rd lamp 3rd in order) than the that lamp will stay "lit". Keep changing the order around until you get the rest right. Even if you lit one in its proper spot in the order, you still have to relight it until you get them all right.
For kill the specified monster, its almost confirmed that the right monster cons impossible while the rest don't.
Well I'll try it again, hopefully with friends, and maybe it'll go better, thanks again for your answer. :D
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Theres 3 different types of lamps:
Everyone touch 1 at the same time
Light all at the same time
Light them in the right order
The last one is really annoying, pretty much as to be done by trial and error. Have the group set up an order to go, follow that order and once all are turned on the lamps will light. If one was lit in its proper spot (like someone lit the 3rd lamp 3rd in order) than the that lamp will stay "lit". Keep changing the order around until you get the rest right. Even if you lit one in its proper spot in the order, you still have to relight it until you get them all right.
For kill the specified monster, its almost confirmed that the right monster cons impossible while the rest don't.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
You have to activate them all at the same time
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Anyone have any idea how to activate those lamps...? We spent pretty much all of the rest of our time on that floor...and it was our second floor. We activated them in tons of different order, had each member standing at one lamp, randomly trying, all these different things, and nothing worked. If anyone has gotten a hold of how this works, let meh know please? :D
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Several things here.
I've been reading that by killing some of the archaic gears your party gets hit with some kind of nasty status effect, I've heard of at least having your divine magic sealed similar to the restrictions that Salvage gives you. Good news is that the restriction is lifted once you move to a new floor.
So for all those drg/mages who do this, you may want to use /rdm, it is the only sub that I am aware of that has elemental, divine, and buff spells so you can still function as a healer even if you get one of them blocked off, in theory of course.
Also, I was wondering can you charm the mobs that appear in there? Or are those all charm resistant mobs like Puks are? I'd think a bunch of bsts who go in there, charm mobs and have them rip the NMs to pieces would be really effective.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
Aside from the Flan and cactaur nms, mobs were pretty easy. Flans themselves through out the entire place really eats up time though. BLM to nuke them I really recommend. Also if anyone does the Floor with lamps and not destroying the Archaic Gears, test to see if those are true sight or not and post any thing I haven't gotten here too please.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
we also are only talking about the first set of floors here from what we know no one has hit floor 5 yet it may not all be a cake walk =P
Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Assault Area Overview
I'm hoping all the reports of mobs being as tough as DC-T mobs is right. Means my LS that is mostly BSTs gonna make short work of it.
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: