Guivre Memeories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guivre Memeories

Post some random/funny moments encountering the big bad wyvern, Guivre in Kuftal Tunnel :3

Gotta love seeing it pwn 2 RMT parties then you stare at him just as he turns and goes, "mhmmm thf, tasty". So I meleed him and before i know it, i'm PD Fleeing to the zone with a army of congo crabs and ghosts with him in the lead. @.@
    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Re: Guivre Memeories

hide actually works on that wyvern, lol. its just a matter of knowing where to place it.
    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

I remember exp'ing there with a JP party. While we were taking on a crab, I saw this giant wyvern ripping apart our RDM. I was WAR/NIN at the time (a NIN was tanking for us). I don't remember if I managed to voke Guivre in time to save the RDM or not. But it bought the BLM time to cast Escape.

I was counting my shadows, hoping to recast Ichi while Guivre took down my last shadow. I must have miscounted an earlier hit, and only had 2 shadows at the time. Guivre took me down just as Escape fired.

Moral of the story: don't be cheap with your shihei and always keep 3 shadows up. You never know when Guivre might raid your camp.
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

RMTs dropped Guivre on us just before Amant(sp?) popped. They always seem to do it before every Amant spawn...
        Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
        Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

lol the first time i went to kuftal i meet this lil bastard^^
          i was "exping" well in fact i loose exp but the experience is one of the funiest things ive ever lived in the game
          first we saw guivre but idk y we didnt move maybe cause we think he will not agro us then when we turn again our rdm was dead and we all start to run he hit me and killed me then the sam get agro and die too the whm raise me and when i was resting he agro him and kill him then turn to me and agro me but miss i use invincible and try to zone to altep but i didnt made it and die again then cause i take him near 2 pt camps hes starts agroing every one near and well u can imagine the consecuences of that lol
          and that was my frst and only meet with guivre in 3 months of playing lol

Comment

I hate that dragon with a passion.

I'm a pack rat, and I have a lot of coffer keys in my mog safe. One day, I figured I'd try to get rid of my kuftal tunnel key. It shouldn't be too hard, right?

I stroll into there, take a look at all the spawn spots and begin my search. I run around the circle of doom when I finally find guivre! He destroys me and I die in a piling heap of nothing.

So...uh....yeah. Anyone wanna help me get my map?

Originally posted by Moaku Hyena View Post
            RMTs dropped Guivre on us just before Amant(sp?) popped. They always seem to do it before every Amant spawn...
            Call a GM and get those smallfry banned. It's not that hard.
            Last edited by Mog; 02-16-2007, 04:51 AM.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Just recently, I was trying to clear my Senji with a whm friend on crabs in Kuftal and who shows up to the party? Mr. Guivre attacks the whm, and I voke it. She is able to get out, but not before the wyvern makes me his next meal

So as my whm friend is making her way back to raise me, another whm passes by and asks if I need a raise. I reply, "no thanks, I have one coming. Guivre is out so you better run!" Whm starts casting raise on me, Guivre shows up and eats him...

Eventually there are a lot of dead bodies around me. My whm friend gets back, and we look to see if it is clear. Looks clear. She raises me, I get up, put invis on and I see Guivre running toward me. In my mind I think, surely it didn't see me. BAM! He dropped me again...

Then of course an elemental decides to camp my dead body, while Guivre does a little victory dance on it. Good times in Kuftal Tunnel!

Comment

Was duoing with a 75 mnk/nin to unlock his H2H WS and find my coffer key...got key and maybe 2 feet away was the coffer. Walked over to the coffer proudly and opened it up and got my item and maybe 4 sec later i turned around just to see Guivre one shot me.....is it just me or does Guivre have a HUGE agro range??

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

yes he does, lol. Oh and like a month ago, during a skill up party, Guivre popped, sooooo we decided to take it. Thf/nin trying to straight tank the sucker XD well we got it down to about 85% before it went chomp chomp on me =x
                  Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I encountered her only once. The party was starting to wind down, but we all still had some fight in us for about half an hour. She pops, and we take note of it. We notify the puller, and he replies with an {Understood}. Something like 15 minutes later, he goes to pull a crab, and on his way back, cuts a little too close to Guivre to avoid aggro from a crab.

I see this, and take 15 steps away from camp. Meanwhile, everyone else does the #1 stupidest thing you can do when your puller has hate on one of those big NMS: Helps the puller out. Heals, etc. Suffice to say, I and the WHM who had the sense not to help are the only ones who don't die. That pretty much called it a night for everyone.

Comment

I've encountered Guivre dozens of times, and I've never died or even been in danger of dying. What is everyone else doing, exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                        I've encountered Guivre dozens of times, and I've never died or even been in danger of dying. What is everyone else doing, exactly?
                        Playing "run around the circle with Guivre"
                        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Well, you have no one to blame but yourself then for your death. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                            I usually come with selbina butter and cooking ingredients to Kuftal

Comment

i've seen Guivre while trying to pop Amemet and thought "IF this Sand Lizards can stand a chance against it.... i can swap dozens!" , Charmed a lizard and throw it at him...1...2 hits and the lizard is down! charmed another "Go go go go my lizard! o.o" 1 Critical...2nd hit and it's down XD
                              almost cleared the lizards room, and a few crabs 'till i couldn't recast Utsusimi anymore and went down with him at 85%HP.
                              oh, BST66/NIN at the time.
                              Last edited by seq; 02-16-2007, 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling :3

Dragoon
                              75 | Beastmaster75 | Thief69

Comment

Working...
                              X