How to spend my Beastmen's Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to spend my Beastmen's Seals

I probably have about 400+ seals between my 2 characters, a 54rdm/50whm/40blm/24brd and a 41mnk/30war and I'm wondering what is a good way to use them. The 50 BCNM Treasure and Tribulations is soloable (for 1/3 chance of success) but does it make good money? I could get a few people to help on another BCNM but it's going to be a pain arranging it, splitting loot, and burning through all those seals. I looked through several forums but didn't see any general BCNM advice so any would be appreciated.

Re: How to spend my Beastmen's Seals

If your BLM has stonega II and you can find two other BLMs with that spell, then BC40 at Horlais Peak has the -chance- to be good. Rare chance at a 12m+ item, peacock charm. And utsusemi:ni/erase.

The BC50 chests has a possibility of being pretty good money. I checked it out when a friend of mine considered throwing away her seals. Some of the level 50 latent rings are over 1000k on midgard, plus it can drop astral ring.

BC40 - Worms Turn is easy money. Utsusemi:Ni/Erase/Phalanx (which is like 30k on my server now....) and some earring worth a good bit of money. I've heard of BLM nuking it to death, but I've never tried it. BLM RDM and WHM have uses in the fight when rangers shoot the worms to death too.
    Generic Info!

Comment

Well BCNM40 Worms Turn has been known as a gil maker. I know a few months ago a few LS Members did Worms like 6 times. I think they got Ni to drop 4 times, and it was going to for 1.8M at the time. So that was a pretty good grip of gil for an evening's work. About 1.2M each person not including other things that dropped. I believe that got an Erase or two to tack on there.

Under Observation can turn out to be tons of gil if you get lucky. If you're unlucky you split maybe 80k. But if you get that PCC to drop, you're golden. If I had 400 seals, I would have done that a number of times. Yeah, if you do that 9 times, and blowing 3 of your own Orbs, that doesn't quite hurt you so much.

Wings of Fury can give some decent drops. I know a couple of people in my LS got their Astral Rings that way. This can be done with BSTs, and I've ever heard that 2 SMNs can go and do it with just the two of them.

I would probably do a lot of BCNM20's for a lot more chances at some decent GoT (Gil over Time). But that's just me. I've gone after some of the very expensive items and blown a lot of Seals only to hardly break even after the food/items I bought just to do the BCNM. But it's completely up to you. Find something you can do with any of your jobs, or even your main job, and try and set it up. Just make sure you go with people you trust.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

royal jellys is a pretty easy one to do.

Comment

Definately BCNM40 with the Peacock Charm. Tirrock's got it. :D

Comment

The Chest BCNM 50 is all luck based, since you have a 1/3 chance of getting items. The items you can get from it are pretty good, I know several folks that burned down a couple stacks of seals on that one and came out nicely ahead. No meds or anything necessary, just some luck and a prayer.
            Buteo
            Midgardsormr
            Rank 10 Sandy
            RotZ: 14, CoP: Complete, ToAU: Mission 8
            75whm/75smn/40blm/22rdm/15bst/15thf/9war/7rng/5brd
            Cooking: 100 (Raw Fish Handling, Patissier, Stewpot Mastery, Noodle Kneading)
            Woodworking: 60 (Lumberjack)
            Alchemy: 60
            Bonecraft: 60
            Clothcraft: 53; Leathercraft: 42; Goldsmithing: 42; Fishing: 42; Smithing: 32

Comment

Not to sound ignorant but can someone explain BCNM for me?

Ive read about it, never tried it though. Won't try it if I don't understand. and Im really not lvl'ed enough to do it.
              I have about 100+( I dont know when last time I checked was) beastmans seals.
              Currently: 30Mnk/25Whm/19War/37Blu/10Blm/20NIN and growing!

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

try this Miyokonami http://ffxi.somepage.com/bcnm/

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Miyokonami
                  Not to sound ignorant but can someone explain BCNM for me?

Ive read about it, never tried it though. Won't try it if I don't understand. and Im really not lvl'ed enough to do it.
                  I have about 100+( I dont know when last time I checked was) beastmans seals.

You can trade those seal to a NPC in port Jeuno for various types of orbs. When you take these orbs to the burning circles through out Vana'diel and trade the orb with them, you and your party can gain access to level capped battles with a time limit. Soemtimes the battles are limited to 3 people, sometimes 6. The battles are usually very hard without a specialized team and a good stradegy.

Upon winning these battles, a treasure chest will appear and you get a handful of items, sometimes very valuable items, from them.

There are also KSNM, which is more or less the same thing, but done with kindred seals.
                  Junior Member?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuanlung
                    You can trade those seal to a NPC in port Jeuno for various types of orbs. When you take these orbs to the burning circles through out Vana'diel and trade the orb with them, you and your party can gain access to level capped battles with a time limit. Soemtimes the battles are limited to 3 people, sometimes 6. The battles are usually very hard without a specialized team and a good stradegy.

Upon winning these battles, a treasure chest will appear and you get a handful of items, sometimes very valuable items, from them.

There are also KSNM, which is more or less the same thing, but done with kindred seals.

Okay thanks! That actually makes it sound a lot simpler than reading some of the other sites. (simplicity)? (Yes, Please.)
                    Currently: 30Mnk/25Whm/19War/37Blu/10Blm/20NIN and growing!

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Royal Jelly is insanely easy. Should take around 4 minutes or so to complete. I am 2/3 on choosing the right chest and getting astral rings both times on BCNM 50.
                      Thanks Kazuki.
                      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I actually used all 200 of mine to create a nice pattern on my mog house floor, I used kindred seals to create variation. it looks very impresive.

Otherwise, I recommend under observation if you have some blms since it can be burnt, or 3x ninja also works well.

Comment

The only BCNM's I've ever done in Wings of Fury (three times) and Treasures and Tribulations (twice).

For Wings of Fury we did "Your orb, your drops" BST BST WHM. We succeeded all three times and none of us got anything good.

Treasures and Tribulations is, of course, like playing russian roulette with four bullets. Somehow I've walked out twice unscathed earning 400,000g and an Astral Ring I refuse to sell.

It may be my personal success bias, but I recommend Treasures and Tribulations for beastmen seal burning. The only things you can get are death, gil, and death, so what do you have to lose?

(Besides XP and half a stack of Beastmen Seals.)
                          ~=~=~=Sasaki=~=~=~

Comment

I just reached 400 Beastmen's Seals last night, and while the idea of getting a free pass via T&T is tempting, the 50 Seal cost is just a bit too daunting for me.

I'll probably do Under Observation or Worms Turn once I get some jobs to 40, or maybe even give Wings of Fury a try with BST. I dunno.

Comment

I personally never use my seals for anything, as I have rotten luck with BCNMs.

So, last night, after looking about a bit, I tried the treasures and tribulations BCNM.

First time, being a medium hume, I picked the medium box, and died. Second time, Picked small and died.

Third time, I decided to test something. If it cycles through Small > Medium > Large, then, the first time when I picked medium, which was wrong, it had to be either small or large. Had it been large the first time, though, small would have been right the second time. Therefore, first time it was Small, second time medium, third large.

I was right. I got an astral ring and a slayers ring. I went back again, picked small, got a tamers ring and petrified log (20k total ) Fifth time, I picked medium, and was wrong. That could disprove the theory, however, someone else may have went in between and done it; an LS mate did it just after me, picked small (since mine was likely large the last time ), and was right, and got an astral ring.

If you aren't afraid of chancing your arm, I strongly recommend that BCNM.

You could walk away with 20k only, like my second success, or go away with 1.4mil (I sold the ring for 1.2mil, and two hours later it had somehow hiked up to 1.4 mil)

If you have the seals to waste, do it. If you're wrong the first two times, try using that theory, and see if you are right the next time.

Still, I feel that that was just coincidence ; I just did it using the S>M>L theory so I could painlessly die or get an item, instead of pondering it for half an hour >.<
                              http://semicoherant.blogspot.com/ - My FFXI Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X