What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

What ticks you off and sends you into a swirling inferno of anger and frustration?

For me it's when random people check you in town and then comment on your gear. Now don't get me wrong I don't care about /checks, infact I check a lot of people myself but when they go out of thier way to mock your ENM or BCNM or SOLO gear or subjob it pisses me off >_>

Take for example when I used to level drg/whm, I would get a lot of checks concerning my gear and how gimp it was. Now when I play DRG/WHM usually I'm just trying to solo a few more xp to level up, or just looking for a change of pace. For this reason I take off most of my Acc gear and replace it with MP gear.

So next time you see a strange subjob/equipment combo there is no need to try to enlighten the player to the conventional choices

Sorry that's my server-down rant for the day
    Last edited by Inferknite; 03-21-2012, 12:56 AM.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/hamza-sibai/

Re: What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

OMFG this is going to start a s**tstorm! So, by all means, let me contribute!

1) People telling me how to do my job even though I'm doing perfectly well but I'm just not using their techniques/order of doing it.

2) People who join HNM's knowing full well how demanding they are and after they get in you rarely see them online.

3) Whm's that don't use Regen.......at all.

4) Rdm's that don't refresh Drks, Blu's, etc.

5) People who are gently instructed by me, when I'm on brd, on where to stand so that songs can be put on the appropriate people yet they DO NOT LISTEN....no matter how many times you tell them.

6) Pt's that complain because you nuked too hard and drew hate but yet if you do not nuke hard enough they complain too......MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

7) Drks that don't know well enough when to cancel Souleater, Last Resort, or Berserk. OR one's that stack all three.....stop giving your healer a heart attack!!

8) Melee that just want to do big dmg even if it means pulling hate and wasting mp which makes it harder to do chains because mages have to rest and the chain is lost. HATE CONTROL PEOPLE!

9) Mages that don't understand the concept that Cure 4 pulls a LOT of hate!! When the leader says NO CURE 4's, he means NO CURE 4's!!!

10) Ok....this is a HUGE one for me....I could go on and on at great lengths about this one....WHY DO MAGES HAVE TO STAND IN AOE RANGE!!?? Dynamis, Hecatomb Wave, 99% of the ls has Slow....but me....cause I stand out of range....because slow is bad and whm's erasing every damn person every damn fight is a waste of mp......why!!? WHY!!?

11) Annoying calls in macros that people spam! <call11> gets your attention, its not annoying so WHY GOD WHY do you have to use <call>!!?

12) Why can't we turn down the volume on calls? We can for effects but not calls....why? Why can't we just disable the suckers!!? WHY!?

Ok...I have to get cleaning here soon so I'll stop. But trust me I could go on and on and on and on..... Its just human nature. We play with other real life people and we are not able to control their actions so we become frustrated when someone doesn't have the same opinion as we do. So most are said with jest and realizing that no one is perfect. Well I say.........TRY HARDER DANG IT!! (again...said in jest)
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
      OMFG this is going to start a s**tstorm! So, by all means, let me contribute!
      hahaha XD

I have two.

1) People who tell me how to do my job while doing a crappy job at theirs. I'm tolerant of people who just do one or the other, at least until the party ends, but if you're gonna bitch at me about what I'm doing, you better be flawless at whatever you're doing.

2) People who don't understand that subjobs/equipment/strategies are all situational. This includes both the cookie-cutter people that think the "best" sub is the only sub, even nin before 24 and thf before 60, AND the people who go out of their way to have only gimp subs because cookie-cutter is wrong be default. Both groups are gimp. They hate eachother and I hate both of them.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Well mine is short

1) lol, orz, w, or anything of the like.

Hey i'm on thegrandmom's number 2! HNM's make me sleepy.

Comment

9) Mages that don't understand the concept that Cure 4 pulls a LOT of hate!! When the leader says NO CURE 4's, he means NO CURE 4's!!!

Or how about Redmages that convert mid battle then divine seal CureIV and complain when they pull hate?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
            hahaha XD

I have two.

1) People who tell me how to do my job while doing a crappy job at theirs. I'm tolerant of people who just do one or the other, at least until the party ends, but if you're gonna bitch at me about what I'm doing, you better be flawless at whatever you're doing.

2) People who don't understand that subjobs/equipment/strategies are all situational. This includes both the cookie-cutter people that think the "best" sub is the only sub, even nin before 24 and thf before 60, AND the people who go out of their way to have only gimp subs because cookie-cutter is wrong be default. Both groups are gimp. They hate eachother and I hate both of them.
            You pretty much covered my main two. 2.) especially, although 1.) also makes me crazy.

And I know it's a lost cause, but my only other pet peeve:

3.) People who don't even try to use the english language properly. I know I'm kind of fighting a losing battle on this one, because most people don't care enough to bother, but it takes more effort on my part to type and read in internet speak, and it makes me crazy when people in my LS or in my parties can't seem to find their shift keys. Or most vowels. I know it's not really fair of me, but I tend to think that these people are stupid when I read this stuff, and it makes me crazy (and a little bit sad) to be surrounded by it.

I don't need point perfect grammar every time, but an attempt would be nice. Those are the people I feel I can actually converse with. Unfortunately for me, I don't often encounter them.

Comment

7) Drks that don't know well enough when to cancel Souleater, Last Resort, or Berserk. OR one's that stack all three.....stop giving your healer a heart attack!!
              Physician, heal thyself.

Mine:
              1) People who demand only X works for Y mission, they only end up getting you killed by expecting X to do all the work while they sit back doing very little

2) People with stupid macros. I don't want to hear about how you plan on having your way with something against their will.

3) People
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

1. Blms in manaburn that cannot time thier nukes properly, causing deaths of others.
                2 Rdm that cannot do a resnable refresh cycle, cause just admit it, the only reason your invited is cause of refresh...
                3 People who refuse to invite bst, or hate bst for some lame reason.
                4 Undercutters, and not like ones who do it by like 900g but like large percentages of the price.
                5 Tanks that cannot keep hate to a resnable degree.
                6 People not listening to resnable sugestions
                7 War's who use great swords in xp ><.

I agree with most of thegrandmom's list

Comment

Also I'd like to add one: People who refuse to grow up and use some new foods. To this day I still encounter people using mithkabobs in the 20's 30's and 40's when there are much better food choices for these levels.

This isn't to say that later on Mith/Chiefkabobs are great attack foods but they are by no means the one and only!

Comment

I Convert in mid-battle all the time. I don't Divine Seal it, though, and I never complain about it if I draw hate (usually have Stoneskin up, so even pulling a bit of hate is a non-issue). Generally speaking I use enough -enmity for it not to be a problem anyhow (or I do it at the start of a battle before I start casting anything, so I'm not on a hate list yet).

---

Peeves:

- Groups that ask me for multiple Raises when I'm XPing in another group and I'm on WHM. I'll raise one of their mages so they can get back on their feet, but I'll be damned if I'll spend *1500* MP plus 10 minutes to recover MP to Raise III their entire party because they didn't want to invite a white mage of their own (and don't give me this guff about there not being WHMs around at level 75 - there's tons). That 10 minutes will cost my party about 2K XP each.

- Anyone who asks for a D2 who isn't in my party when I'm on BLM. That's what scrolls of Instant Warp/Warp Clubs/etc. are for. You wanted D2? Invite a black mage or bring your own method of transportation, thanks.

- Melees who ask for Finale or Dispel because they can't hit the broad side of a barn against an enemy that hasn't used any buffs (and in some cases, doesn't even have an Evasion buff in its arsenal).

- Thieves that complain about getting Ballad after they spend 95% parked behind the Paladin.

- Anyone who asks for a Sneak in Ro'Maeve or Tu'Lia at any spot other than a zoneline. If you're high enough level to have a legitimate reason to be in those zones, you're high enough level to afford silent oils for emergencies.

- Melees (particularly monks, but also dark knights sometimes) that deliberately try to pull hate for (insert reason here). You may think it's fun and cool that you can pull more enmity than the tank, but it's not fun to try to heal the double damage or more you take because you've got Counterstance or Last Resort + Berserk up, and it's even less fun when the tank now has no extra tools to cover for me now that I've pulled aggro from healing you.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron
                      3) People
                      haha indeed
                      Originally posted by pearlsea
                      4 Undercutters, and not like ones who do it by like 900g but like large percentages of the price.
                      Dear lord yes. I was trying to sell a stack of items for 200k, but this other guy's items kept selling ahead of mine for weeks until I undercut by over 50k! But of course when I do it to get under him and get the stuff off my hands finally, then the price drops. Wtf.
                      Originally posted by Icemage
                      - Melees who ask for Finale or Dispel because they can't hit the broad side of a barn against an enemy that hasn't used any buffs (and in some cases, doesn't even have an Evasion buff in its arsenal).
                      So true.

Comment

Originally posted by Inferknite
                        Also I'd like to add one: People who refuse to grow up and use some new foods. To this day I still encounter people using mithkabobs in the 20's 30's and 40's when there are much better food choices for these levels.

This isn't to say that later on Mith/Chiefkabobs are great attack foods but they are by no means the one and only!
                        I'm not sure what you mean. In the 20s and 30s, Meat is one of the best things for a melee to eat, for the most part. What would you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                          I'm not sure what you mean. In the 20s and 30s, Meat is one of the best things for a melee to eat, for the most part. What would you suggest?
                          It's not the eating meat that's the problem, it's the eating the wrong kind of meat for your level range. Here, read this.

Comment

1) Rampant, baseless generalization.

2) People who think their inability to afford something is a sign of an economy that needs fixed.

3) People who do no real research, yet manage to have very strong opinions.

4) People who ask tons and tons of questions, yet are angered by advice.

5) People shouting that they are LFG. In-game mechanisms, you dirty feckers!

6) Pullers who don't know about chain time limits.

7) Anyone with Bio who casts it without discussing it with the party.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

1.) RDM, SMN, BLM who over-cure me as a WHM; sneaking in a Cure II as I cast Cure III, sneaking a Cure III as I cast Cure V.

2.) RDM, SMN, BLM who cast Cure II/III after I cast Regen III (thus wasting some MP and more importantly a LOT of casting time - Regen is a slow spell to cast.)

3.) RDM who fast-cast a Cure III/IV after I start a Cure III/V and end up making me waist MP.

4.) RDM, SMN, BLM, who do the above when its not even neccessary for them to be backup curing (like when I still have 600+ MP left).

5.) RDM, SMN, and BLM who then procede to bitch me out for not doing my job (usually because they have NO mp because they are doing my job, and I have 600+ MP because they are doing mine)

6.) And the number one pet peve, RDM, SMN, and BLM who do all of the above and non of our members have even dropped to yellow yet -.-

Edit: As a side note, if this thread can be kept from getting defensive - that is, if people don't get into the "Well, I'm job X and I do what you say not to because..." I think it has the potential to be a real eye-opener in terms of "the little things" that people do they may not even be aware of.
                              Last edited by sevenpointflaw; 06-20-2006, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X