This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The quest for the Chocobo License

I now really understand why its called Quest. Man, was it long.

Farming the Gausebit Greens from Wadi Hares. 3 hours
    - Note to self: don't bite off more then you can chew. Just because they are rabbits and you're a lvl 20 MNK doesn't mean they won't group and kick your behind at low health.
    - Especially if your stupid enough to keep HP in Selbina.

My first trip to Jeuno. 2,5 hours.
    - I thought I could get from Bastok to Jeuno with that free chocobo pass. From North Gustaberg onward I was on foot.
    - Got to see my first Malboro in Pashhow marshlands. Was going to take picture until he saw me.
    - Found out that Goobbue's aggro by sound. And man, are they fast for that size.
    - I encountered Goblin Smithy. Was going to congratulate for the blog. He wanted to leave autograph on my face.

The first time in Jeuno
    - Why am I missing the Jeuno Map? I thought I bought all the maps in Bastok.
    - Why is everyone shouting? Gambling? How many COR's are there?
    - My god, I'm wading thu people.

Starting the Chocobo Wound's Quest
    - 5 hours!?
    - With all the people curing that chocobo he should be able to fly.
    - I least my Socializing Skills went up 2.95 points

Finally the License
    - At 10:40 pm I finally have my chocobo license. Now I just have to go back to Bastok.

Took a long time but it was worth it. So now the question. What did YOU do in those 5 hours?

Re: The quest for the Chocobo License

Yeah, it was horribly long!

The very first time I did it, I sat there for 5 hours waiting as well. Afterwards of course, I had realized that I could have just been doing something else and feeding the chocobo every hour. If I recall correctly, the 2nd time I did the quest, I was playing Smash Bros. with my buddies and I just went up to my room every hour to feed it. XD
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Just be thankful you are done with is, and enjoy your chocobo my friend!

Comment

The Chocobo License quest is just a taste of how long things take in this game. Be prepared for many more long quests and missions.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Welcome to Jeuno, land of the shouting!
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

It took me around 6 hours (I took the easy route and bought the gausebit grass at the AH )

But man, listening to the chocobo music as I rode back to Sandy was the best moment of my FFXI life

Comment

IMO, the chocobo quest is the most annoying quest in the game. Of course my highest job is 30 so maybe there are worst. I didn't wait for all of that time. I just logged off and then logged in later to feed it. My wife who just recently did it walked away and did something else while I fed it. I was sitting at my computer anyway doing homework so I just looked up every now and then to take care of it. Also since she was a White mage we both would periodically increase her enhancing magic.
              You kill one man, your a murderer
              Kill many and your a conquerer
              Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

I was lucky, only took me 1 hour to get the gausebit grass to drop. I used my munchi from the last event and ran around annoying people.

Comment

Off Topic..

Choco quest is #2 in the "Pain in the Ass things everyone loves". #1 is subjobs, #3 is Kazham Keys, #4 is unlocking a new job...

trust me. a lot of things in FFXI will be a total pain. You'll want to quit, multiple times. You'll curse the game out, and logout. You might even abuse your keyboard and mouse.

But when you finish these things, you'll feel a real sense of accomplishment. I think that might be where some of the addiction from FFXI comes from, it's one of the few games that really makes you feel like you did something worthwhile.

Comment

When i was waiting for the time to pass i went and explored the city. Being new to the online game era (Yes this is the first MMORPG i've played) it was quite a new site to see Hundreds of people gathered around the AH and entrances to the Mog House. I explored the Port and watched the Airships, checked out the shops, and worked alittle on my Cooking skill. Over all my first trip to Jueno and getting the chocobo Liscense was a very fun thing to do!

~~~Snoogins~~~
                    I fire up the grill.

Lighter fluid, lighter fluid, lighter fluid.

[GM]Dave>> FIRAGA III!!!

I pretend not to notice Susan shaking her head as I throw the match

Originally posted by Mog
                    holy shit, apparently crazy is contageous. I turned his brain into the mind of a bulldog! nOO!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrivenTooFar
                      IMO, the chocobo quest is the most annoying quest in the game. Of course my highest job is 30 so maybe there are worst.
                      Genkai 1 ranks up there on my list. CoP missions are another HUGE time sink. There are so many many more that you'll come across eventually. Chocobo license is just a prep for things to come! LOL
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I did it around the same time everyone was doing it right after release. I would pt in quifim and then run and feed the choco every hour. Nobody cared because either: a. they were doing the same thing, or b. they had just done the quest themselves and were equally excited about it.

Don't know if you could get away with it nowadays tho.

Comment

Ah... the freshness.

Never forget this feeling, and you'll get far in Vanadiel.

Comment

But even still, you don't have to feed the chocobo every single hour, right on time. I fed it, went away and partied in Qufim, then went back and fed it again about three hours later, went back again etc ... I think I went from 20 to 25 before I actually finished it.

Comment

You dont need to feed it every hour on the hour, you can wait, it just takes an hour between being able to be fed.
                              Blm 75 - One and only love! Lets nuke!
                              Originally Posted by Kirsteena
                              Oh crap, lock down your beer.....
                              Originally Posted by Sethe
                              QFT!
                              With Kutu around no alcohol is safe. Hide ya beer!
                              www.konohals.eu - Endgame EU ls, bahamut server

Comment

Working...
                              X