This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo Digging

I appoligise if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a fourm for this topic in the fourm registry... Anyway...

Anyone know what this is about? So far I have used up ~26 stacks of Greens on this, to end up losing more gil than I have made and am still level 0(16 sec wait time between digs, low yeilds.) I have heard that it takes a while to level up, but should it really take that long? I wish there would be mini levels so I could at least know I am making progress... Any way to check how far I have progressed? And any clue how much longer it will take me to get to level 1? I don't really care about the gil that much, I just want a hobby where I can dig up at least somewhat interesting stuff... not one bone chip evey 12 greens >.>
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: Chocobo Digging

Edit: Useless info removed. Sorry for trying.
    Last edited by Mrfrodo; 05-22-2006, 02:02 AM.

Comment

actually, going from level 0 to level 1 should take about 100 stacks of greens. digging up a lot of crap during that time is not surprising.

level 1 to 2 should take about 200 stacks, level 2 to 3 about 400 stacks, and it took me over 500 stacks to go from level 3 to 4. i'm nearly 600 stacks into my current level (a40, back-to-back digging) and i probably will need 300-400 more stacks before i move up to a35. as you level up the quality of digs will improve but you won't notice that til later

i wrote something, linked on http://ayrlie.blogspot.com/, which should help explain how to level up digging.
      Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
      Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Mrfrodo, thanks for trying, but those links where worthless to me. What Ayrlie said was what I was looking for.
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

If youre not making gil even at low lvls in choco digging you are digging in wrong area. It is best at lower lvl's to dig in the jungle because you will have less compition. If you are digging and not digging up items then you are either being out dug by a higher lvl or u have dug up area. Keep your bonechips they sell for 5k a stack you will make your money back + profit. May not be alot of profit but you will not lose anything.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/cra...ighlight=chobi

^ I dont know if it helps but i searched and i found this.

Comment

This is my thoughts on Choco digging. First I will say that every site you find you will see different information including how many lvls there are. I will start with saying I believe there are 103 lvls in choco digging like every other craft in game. Common sense would tell us there is no way it would take a week to get 1 lvl but 10 lvls yes. These are the times and you will not find any other person mentioning the 3 second wait time. Maybe they didnt notice it there or didnt find it of importance.
              0-10 = 60 sec zone wait 16 sec dig wait
              11-20= 55 sec zone wait 11 sec dig wait
              21-30= 50 sec zone wait 6 sec dig wait
              31-40= 45 sec zone wait 3 sec dig wait
              41-50= 40 sec zone wait 0 sec dig wait
              51-60= 35 sec zone wait 0 sec dig wait
              61-70= 30 sec zone wait 0 sec dig wait
              71-80= 25 sec zone wait 0 sec dig wait
              81-90= 20 sec zone wait 0 sec dig wait
              91-100= 15 sec zone wait 0 sec dig wait
              101-103= 10 sec zone wait 0 sec dig wait

I am not the only digger that noticed the 3 second dig wait and I can only assume that extra lvl would give u the 3 lvls as if you had recieved the gear with skill ups like the other crafts gives you.
              As for the rumor of needing to dig up items for your next lvl. I believe you do BUT I dont not believe (matter of fact I know for sure) it is not the items ppl post. I can only assume it is the high lvl diggers posting this. If you notice all the items they are saying that needs to be dug up are in the jungles. Now why would the high lvl diggers want to keep u in the jungles? LOL because it keeps you out of the areas they want to dig. I am a high lvl digger and I will tell you I did not dig up the items that are rumored to be needed to get my lvl. I believe each area has a specific item you dig up that gives you the lvl.
              Now to piss off every high lvl digger in this game :/. Rumors says you must dig items to get skill ups. FALSE! Do you have to have an unfailed craft item to get your skill ups NO. You can break what you craft and still recieve that .01 or .02 skill up. Why would high lvl diggers tell you this? By telling you that you have to dig up items you will leave any area you see a high lvl digger in. Why would they want you to leave this area because rumor is they can out dig you? Truth is they are not out digging you completly. You will still get items every now and then and guess what it may be a good item the one they want. I also know for a fact when my friend is digging with me I am several lvls higher then him and I still get less items because he is getting items.
              Do not let the high lvl diggers discourage you from digging. Digging takes alot of time and alot of patience. Not everyone can do this. But the end result is good gil. If I had listened to all the high lvl diggers I would not have continued and I am glad I didnt because I make great gil.

Comment

Working...
              X