This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Bolt Heads?

Is it me, or is it insane that Bloody Bolt Heads cost 320k a stack? I'm over in Diabolos. When I used to play in Caitsith, it was about .... argh 10k, I think.

What are the prices in other servers?

Re: Bloody Bolt Heads?

They increased the stack size from 12 to 99.
    Generic Info!

Comment

Oh..... Hmm... I suppose that would make sense. I didn't notice that... DOH! lol

Comment

12=10k
        99=320k

99/12 = 8.25
        8.25x10k != 320k

You're paying about 4x what you were. Server to server, it's always like that.

Comment

Its not just bloody bolt heads I'm lvl 13 woodwork, so i am going to synth bolts, in sandy last night the foll owing (Garuda server)

Sleepbolt heads = 210k for stack 99 (sleep bolts sell for 7k per 99)
          Bloody bolt heads = 400k!!!! for stack 99 (sell for 10k per 99 for bloody bolts)
          Acid bolt heads = 210k for 99 (acid bolts, are best seller on garuda and get snapped up quickly for 8k a stack)
          Holy bolt heads = 180k for 99 (holy bolts sell for around 6-7k a stack)
          Venom bolt heads are 40k for 99 (what I payed to synth till 18 just for levelling, will sell at good price to LS members as they don't sell well in AH)
          The other bolt heads for this level are between 80k and 300k a stack.

One thing I have noticed although bolt heads have gone up, crystals have gone down.

Whilst synthing to 13 from 8 last night on holly lumber, holly poles and willow lumber wind crystals I got 3 stacks for 800gil each stack and 2 stacks of earth for 700gil each stack.

Comment

Yeah, I still think 320K is a little too costly for even a 99stack. :-\

Comment

Various reasons can explain why a stack of 99 is more costly than a stack of 12:
              #1 Making a stack of 99 when each synth only gives 6 is painful - you get an odd number of stack too (96/99).
              #2 Not enough materials/money/time/man-power to make a full 99 stack. Craftsmen will probably hold a portion of the incompleted work until they can make a full stack. Others will simply drop out of the market because of increasing cost (in terms of time taking). Result in an increase in inventories but lower supply -> price goes up.
              #3 Maybe the price of ingredients went up? Craftsmen now have to buy a large number of ingredients to make a full stack of bolt heads. This create a temporal rise in demand (thus rise in price) since ingredient supply stock remains constant. People saw some high price -> increase their bids -> higher cost for craftsmen -> more expensive bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenki
                Various reasons can explain why a stack of 99 is more costly than a stack of 12:
                #1 Making a stack of 99 when each synth only gives 6 is painful - you get an odd number of stack too (96/99).
                #2 Not enough materials/money/time/man-power to make a full 99 stack. Craftsmen will probably hold a portion of the incompleted work until they can make a full stack. Others will simply drop out of the market because of increasing cost (in terms of time taking). Result in an increase in inventories but lower supply -> price goes up.
                #3 Maybe the price of ingredients went up? Craftsmen now have to buy a large number of ingredients to make a full stack of bolt heads. This create a temporal rise in demand (thus rise in price) since ingredient supply stock remains constant. People saw some high price -> increase their bids -> higher cost for craftsmen -> more expensive bolts.
                Well, on Asura, beastman blood is 180k a stack. Bronze ingots are 20k a stack, so that's 200k to make 12x6 (72 bolt heads). To complete the stack, the alchemist needs to buy 5 more of each (assuming no failures), or another complete stack of each. At 15k each for the beastman blood and 3k each for the bronze, that's 18k per synth x 5, that's another 90k, so the alchemist is spending upwards of 290k (assuming no failures) to make your 320k stack of 99 bolt heads.

Doesn't seem TOO bad now, does it?

63 Beastmaster / 55 Thief
                91 Alchemy / 69 Cooking / 60 Woodworking
                60 Goldsmithing, 50 Smithing, 15 Leathercraft

Comment

Bloody bolt heads = 400k!!!! for stack 99 (sell for 10k per 99 for bloody bolts)
                  Well, that means that turning the whole stack of bloody bolt heads into bolts give you 33 stacks of bolts at about 2.5k profit a stack.
                  Brodrik
                  Drk75/Thf69/Blm65/War37/Sam37/Nin37/Whm37
                  PanicMotion

Comment

Heh, so it's the cost of the materials XD I get #3 right~! 20k for bronze ingots -_-; Pretty expensive, if people making bloody bolts for a living they should make their own ingots so they can at least enjoy an extra 10k profit XD

400k a stack of bolt heads, Eh? wouldn't that be a lost instead of profit? I mean 33 stacks of bolts only worth 330k. This is not to count the cost of ash lumber and earth crystals. I don't think it's 10k a stack but rather somewhere near 16k~18k based on my estimate. Generally, bolts will sell at about 125% their materials cost (sometimes more). If it were like 16k then 33 stacks should be at least 510k. Still look like a very bad synth for money to me -_-; Only 100k profit for nearly 100 synths

Comment

Not only is it ingredient cost, which is pretty high, but it's also the craft lvl used to make them as well. 81 alchemy is the cap, compaired to the other heads which are usually much lower. I'm looking at skilling on these soon and shuddering in fear ;;

http://www.s14.invisionfree.com/gauntlet
                      [Kaliet-RDM] [Tryn-WHM] [Sowilo-WAR]

Comment

Close to 500k last I checked. You guys have it easy!

Comment

Wow. I don't think that raising the stack cap to 99 was a good idea, being a 60 woodworker... Now If I wanna make bolts, I have to spend a rediculous amount.. Orz..
                          SUICHI IS DEAD.

Comment

Some additional information so you can calculate the cost on your own server.

One synth makes six bolt heads and a stack of ingredients makes 72 bolt heads (without any breaks)

So a stack of 99 takes 16.5 synths, and the cost of a stack of 99 bolt heads is 1.46 x the cost of one stack

Some rough estimates of the cost to make bloody bolt heads on my server:

Beastman’s Blood (200k) x Revival Root (20K) x Bronze Ingot (25k) = 245k/stack

Cost for 99 = 357k

Acid bolts are cheaper.

Vitreol (15k)x Animal Glue (40k) x Bronze Ingots (25k) = 80k/stack

Cost for 99 = 117k

Of course the cost on your server will be different. You can see that the main driving force for the higher costs is certain ingredients. In my experience, Beastman’s Blood is really hard to get, thus the high cost. Animal glue cost is driven by the cost of rabbit hides and bone chips.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
                            Argent
                            Hades Server
                            Elvaan, San d'Oria Rank:6
                            CoP: 3-5, ZM: 4
                            DRK:51, THF:50, RNG:36, RDM:31, BLM:30, NIN:30, WAR:30, DRG:21, MNK:21, SAM: 21, BST:21, WHM:20, SMN:20, PLD:18, BRD:16, COR:1, BLU:1, PUP:1

Alchemy: 80, Bonecraft: 52, Clothcraft: 52, Cooking: 40, Fishing: 2, Goldsmithing: 41, Leathercraft: 53, Smithing: 42, Woodworking: 60

Comment

Yeh, annoying isn't it?
                              Originally posted by Ellipses
                              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                              Originally posted by MCLV
                              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                              More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                              X