This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI for the Xbox 360

What are you thoughts thus far? They have not released many screenshots showing what the graphical capabilities are, and have not released much else. My guess is, everything is pretty much the same. Does anyone know how payments will be set up? I played ffxi on the pc for a little while but it could not handle it. I am going to be ore-ordering the 360 version in the next week or so.

Re: FFXI for the Xbox 360

The xbox 360 version is no different from the PC version if you play using a controller for the pc (most do i believe.) The graphics equate to running ffxi at a very clear 800*600 res (from my perspective.) Of course if you have a HDTV and the appropiate cables you can play at a better resolution therefore aquiring better graphics. Other than that, if you slap a usb keyboard (wired or wireless) to you xbox360, it will be just like the PC.

Just a reminder, this forum does have search capabilities. ^^~

Comment

I am a beta tester and have not recieved my copy yet. I am anxious to see how smoothly it runs, etc. I'm very excited.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong. I do believe something SE's doing is increasing he framerate on both the 360 and other systems, to allow for smoother gameplay.

I think the payment options are more euro-friendly. They don't need a Visa/Mastercard logo debit/credit card.

And like BTOB said, I stole all this info from preexisting threads LOL
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by TGNExtendedGamer
          I am a beta tester and have not recieved my copy yet. I am anxious to see how smoothly it runs, etc. I'm very excited.

Only way to get the Beta disc i've heard about is

"The February issue of Official Xbox Magazine will include a free copy of the exclusive FINAL FANTASY XI Xbox 360 beta!

grabbed from the Beta Test News Page but i'm not sure how to quote across forums.
          Craft Levels Updated 2/27/06

Will get higher.

Fishing 11
          Woodworking 21.5
          Smithing 0.1
          GoldSmithing 1
          Clothcraft 4
          LeatherCraft 0
          BoneCraft 2
          Alchemy 7
          Cooking 7.8
          Lu Shangs Completion 429/10,000

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by arcadia9
            Correct me if I'm wrong. I do believe something SE's doing is increasing he framerate on both the 360 and other systems, to allow for smoother gameplay.

I think the payment options are more euro-friendly. They don't need a Visa/Mastercard logo debit/credit card.

And like BTOB said, I stole all this info from preexisting threads LOL
            I don't think they are since the cap of 30 FPS is tied into a number of things for FFXI for one reason or another.
            Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

Comment

I find it funny that people think FFXI for the 360 is getting all these "upgrades" just because its coming to the system, and that I find retarded. The 360 is nothing but an overpowered media system, and is why over hyped. FFXI will most likely be release on the PS3 and revolution as well, because like SE said they want this game on as many systems as possible :p
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Revolution most likely won't get it because it doesn't have a harddrive.

The PS3 is also a media centric console as well so you can't blame Microsoft for having it.

The only two things I have heard them change for the XBOX 360 version was that you would get a long draw distance. This means that XBOX 360 players will be able to see enemies further off than PC or PS2 gamers. The other change is that the 360 version will have 16X9 high def.
                MPH Code: 2105-2096-0964
                TETRIS DS Code: 540649-893584

Comment

Actually the longer draw distance will be for scenery only and there's an unofficial plug in for FFXI(non windower related iirc) that can do the same thing assuming your com can handle it.

Sadly mine can't =(
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

ooo an HD plug in for FF...where?

also the Revolution has 2 USB slots...so it would be easy to add an external HD to it, for games like FF, so they could still do it
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

That is true, but I don't know if Nintendo will release a harddrive add on for it... I'm defintely not going to buy a third party harddrive.
                      MPH Code: 2105-2096-0964
                      TETRIS DS Code: 540649-893584

Comment

The drawdistance would be a nice improvement. I saw this really awesome JP website with a cel-shading plugin for a windower. The chracters looked so cool cel-shaded.

Comment

The Nintendo Revolution will be using flash memory as its storage medium so it might actually be possible to bring FFXI to it in a few years when large amounts of flash are available for low prices.
                          Last edited by Manatra; 03-18-2006, 01:34 PM.
                          Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

Comment

Working...
                          X