This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This The Moogle Event?

With the new update just added, does anyone know if this is the Moogle Event from last year where you gain a santa hat +1, (which lets you recieve Ginger Cookies from them) and 3 xmas trees from each of the main cities, Bastok, windurst and Sandy, cause I haevn't seen the event moogle yet. Or haven't SE got round to adding that one yet?

Also, what happens if you have already done this event as I have? Do you still get to do it again and recieve the xmas trees, (that will be another 3, making it 6! *WOOT!* ) or do you get something else this xmas?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: Is This The Moogle Event?

actually, now you can buy the trees from any of the mogs in the city atm. Starting tomorrow they will have the new event started (no clue what it will be like) where you can get a new christmas robe thing.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Can we still get the hat from last year?
      Everyday is without surprises.... !?

Comment

the non-event moogles sell the hat for 10k
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Where are the non-event moogles?
          Everyday is without surprises.... !?

Comment

I know in Sandoria they can be found close to the western gate

Comment

Can get a santa hat+1 too this year? I dropped mine from last year._.
              http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetkitty
                Can get a santa hat+1 too this year? I dropped mine from last year._.
                Just wanted to say that I REALLY LOVE the 2 pics in your sig!
                They're soooooo cool!
                And even though very small and cute..... my favourite one is your cool dancing kitty!
                I don't know where you got that one from, but he/she has got to be "THE BEST" little dancing kitty ever!

Double Post Edited:
                Hmm..... well I managed to find the event moogle in Windurst yesterday, (I'm not certain if it was the only one, but it was near one of the exits to Saruta Baruta) though I can't remember what it had said.
                It sounds quite fun that you get a cape this year. Does anyone know what they do?

Also, it would be helpful if I could see some instructions on how to go about doing this event too. (like when you get instructions on quests and missions on the allkhazam site for e.g.) Does anyone know where I can find a link to any please?
                Last edited by Snowball; 12-16-2005, 04:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                (\ /)
                ( . .)
                C('')('')

Comment

the moogle gives you a card with a job and level on it. you find a player who is that job and level. you trade the card to him, and he trades the card to the moogle.

the firewall at work blocks allakazam >< so this is the best i got lol...
                  http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52181

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                  Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                  I live to entertain!

Comment

Since my work doesn't (only blocks MysteryTour) I'll steal this post from Alla:

Originally posted by http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10;mid=113469668637642616;num=70;page=1
                    NQ Robe
                    Card Moogle Locations
                    South San'Doria: (J-9)/(K-9) line
                    Northern San'Doria: (D-8)
                    Windurst Woods: (K-10)
                    Windurst Waters: (F-5)
                    Bastok Markets: (G-8)
                    Bastok Mines: (I-9)

Moogle in the starting nations will give you a card, and tell you to find someone with a "[Job] in the [X]'s". For example "Find a warrior in the 50s and hand the card over kupo!"
                    It is easiest to find the people via shout, or /sea region job lvl-lvl

Once you find the person, ask them to trade the card to the moogle. They will most likely recieve Sparkling Hands. If not, they will receive "Dream Robe." I got my Robe when trading my fourth card to the moogle- I have read someone got their robe on their first turn in, though. **You get your robe by being the FOURTH person to trade an individual card in, it doesnt matter if it is your first trade, as long as it is the cards fourth***
                    Robe on Taru, Elvaan, Mithra, Hume

You will get four cards from the moogle, before you start over. Like the summer event, there are no penalties for having to start over.

Notes:
                    -Save the fireworks!! You can use these for Smilebringer quests!
                    -You can only get one card per VD day.
                    -If you are having problems trading, it is because the person already has the card (remember, they are Rare)
                    -Other confirmed gifts from moogle are chocobo tickets! (Save them for mea >_<!)

The different kinds of cards are:
                    Pleiades
                    Capella
                    Sirius
                    Rigel
                    Betelgeuse
                    Canopus
                    Aldebaran

Suit Theorys:
                    First theory from Totz from Bahamut >> Almost 100% proven!
                    (1)Talk to the moogle get a card.
                    (2)Trade the card to the job and lvl it ask's for, have that person trade it to the moogle, then have them trade it back to you.(1st trade)
                    (3)Talk to the moogle to see what next job is.
                    (4)Trade it to a person with then next job, have them trade to moogle, then trade it back to you.(2nd trade)
                    (5)Talk to moogle again for next job requirment.
                    (6)Trade it to person with that job, have them trade to moogle, and then trade it back to you.(3rd trade)
                    (7)Now when you talk to the moogle for the last time he will tell you that you need to give the card to someone that has a job in a level range that is equal to one of the job's that you have.
                    (8)Swich to that job, trade the card to the moogle.(4th trade)

Robe +1
                    Not much is known for sure about this - but after you receieve your first robe, the moogle then tells you the card is for the [insert job] at [level range] who is wearing red.

I have spoken to a few people with the +1 robes, and they said that it is exactly like the first part (For NQ) except you just need to receive it from someone wearing a robe, who has a "red" card.

*** One person with HQ said it would be worthwhile to note they had been in two cities ***

Smilebringer Locations:
                    Northern San'Doria: (D-8)
                    Windurst Waters: (F-5)
                    Bastok Mines: (I-9)

You must wear your hat to give presents, if you do not have one from last year, buy one from a Moogle vendor for 10k.

The Smilebringer will warp you to another area after you distribute presents if you have enough joy. Collect joy by trading fireworks to children. (Fireworks can be obtained from NPC moogles or from the card event)
                    Joy message.

After trading approximately 18 fireworks, I talked to the Smilebringer again, and the NPC turned into a pirate, and gave me a present to give to a kid. The present gives you "barrelfuls of joy to the children of Vana'diel!"

Smilebringer theory:
                    Kittyn pointed out you can outpost warp anywhere for only 10 Popstars from your local NPC teleporter.

Comment

Thanks so much, now i can stop tearing my hair out. ^^ I got my robe, finally

Comment

[QUOTE=Snowball]Just wanted to say that I REALLY LOVE the 2 pics in your sig!
                        They're soooooo cool!
                        And even though very small and cute..... my favourite one is your cool dancing kitty!
                        I don't know where you got that one from, but he/she has got to be "THE BEST" little dancing kitty ever!

Haha xD. I got the dancing kitty from some weird online fantasy forum I accidentally moved on.. Someones profile

Comment

Oh, and about the smilebringers. If its like last years, you will get the dream hat +1 after about 5 presents to the kids. Thats if i remember right O.o

Comment

Yay. Something for you to do for me.

Comment

You get the Dream Hat +1 the same way as last year. Set up all 3 trees in your mog house, and eventually your moogle with give you a present that appeared under one of your trees. Use the present as an item outside and you will see an Air Rider firework and recieve your Dream Hat +1.

Not certain you need all 3 trees, but you almost certainly need the NQ Dream Hat. I got mine last year after obtaining the other 4 items.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X