This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got cheated!

Man, my party just ditched me before I got to level up even though I helped them all level! I know you guys probably don't want to hear it but I just had to vent. Thanks for your time.
    You kill one man, your a murderer
    Kill many and your a conquerer
    Kill them all... your a God.

Re: I got cheated!

thats happened to me a few times. I try not to worry about it to much. My roommate was in a party that actually kicked him when some one else lvled up when he was 30ish tnl in valkurm because he was lvl 10 and the top guy just hit lvl 13 when he was the only lvl 10 in party. some people are mean and cruel but i just think about how they probably won't do well with people later on in the game.

its cool make i'm sure you will get your lvl up soon.

Comment

welcome to ffxi

Comment

Well people have to attend to things in rl or just get tired of leveling. It doesn't matter if you leveled. You got the same exp they did. They shouldn't be punished because they were closer to level then you are. You didn't get cheated.

Berserk, just quit already. Your complainning got old a long time ago. Go play WoW.

Comment

Meh, I just try to look at the broad picture. Most levels it isn't that big of a deal if you make that level in that night or not. I mean, does it really make a difference if you're 12 or 13 when you go LFG the next time? No.

While there are exceptions in certain levels (aka level 18 with @200 kinda sucks), it really isn't that big of deal.

The kind of crap that pisses me off, though, is when someone gets their level and they say they HAVE to leave right then and there. Especially if they didn't give you a warning. I see this mostly when people hit 37. I've seen several people pt for 300 exp, get their level 37, and then take off.
          I always try to make sure I've been in the PT a fair amount of time. If you notice the job levels in my signature, you'll see they're mainly 40, this is because my goal is to get all jobs 40+. Now you'll also see some are 41, that is usually because when I joined the PT, I was within 15 minutes to leveling, but I feel like a jackass if I leave that soon, so I keep going till the PT ends or I really have to go (due to irl stuff usually, like bed.), most of these being (especially the party I was in as a Ninja) rocked. I made level 40 in that 15 minutes or whatever, and made 41 within an hour after that.
          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

All I can say is that it happens all the time. =/

One of the many reasons why I quit FFXI.

Goodluck to you though, if you can stick it out and find some good friends or a good LS then you're most likely golden.
            <:3_)~

Comment

A party always has to end at some point. You can only do so many extra 1k exps for someones lvl until you draw the line. With 6 people at lower-mid lvls, someone is always close to lvl. If they do get you the last exp you need, someone else will be close to lvl and feel cheated.
              Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Originally posted by Rones
                A party always has to end at some point. You can only do so many extra 1k exps for someones lvl until you draw the line. With 6 people at lower-mid lvls, someone is always close to lvl. If they do get you the last exp you need, someone else will be close to lvl and feel cheated.
                Well so far every party I've been in the members would go for a good length of time. If we are about to go a final call of everyone's TNL is done, at that final call we determine who's low enough to keep going till they level. Factors in determining to is if they have leveled versus people that didn't yet in the party.

Once we've determined who they've always stuck it out to get the ones that are close to level. An example a last call TNL we had once was 5 members were close (2,000 exp, 1,200 exp, 800 exp, 300 exp, and 700 exp), the one that had 2,000 exp left though had leveled already the other 4 had not. So we agreed to help the 4 get the remaining for a level and leave then, this would mean the one that got 2,000 left would have 800 exp left when we go. The guy was cool with it since we planned it at the point of the last call wasn't going to make any changes.

Most of the time that works fine for us, sometimes it doesn't but at least making the effort to get people at least 1 level if they are in reasonable range isn't to bad. Just make sure you set a stopping point and make sure everyone is aware of when it's ending, lessen the blow of feeling cheated.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                  Berserk, just quit already. Your complainning got old a long time ago. Go play WoW.
                  haha ya, or starwars galaxies, that game is even easier

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                    Well people have to attend to things in rl or just get tired of leveling. It doesn't matter if you leveled. You got the same exp they did. They shouldn't be punished because they were closer to level then you are. You didn't get cheated.

ok fuck face you didnt have to comment on what i said.

Comment

Originally posted by berzerk
                      ok fuck face you didnt have to comment on what i said.
                      LMAO! Wow, that was awesome, I think that may be my new sig.

I usually dont mind stopping w/in a small amount of xp tnl. That way when I lvl after 10 mins in a new party I feel like I've already accomplished something. Plus, if you put that you'r about to lvl in your search comment and you're at a critical lvl where pt's usually change locations, sometimes you'll get a party from a slightly higher lvl group simply b/c you're about to lvl. As long as there is fair warning its really not a big deal. However, when someone lvls' and one mob later they up and say they have to go, goodbye. Yeah, thats rather annoying.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I've been out the game kicking it at work in Japan. (Peace Park, Hiroshima is a very humbling sight) But, I think i can give some helpful advice. Make sure you tell people your intentions when you join a party. It's called being courteous. Most people generally aren't, so you run into this stuff all the time. Take a minute to discuss with you party some goals of how much exp or how long your willing to grind it out. That way if someone in the party can't fulfill your wants they can search for a replacement for themselves, or at the very least you find one your self. Also if your joining a party that has already been at a camp for awhile make sure you ask the members how much longer they plan to be. So you can decide whether joining that party is in your best interest.

There are RL problems that may occur, and no matter how informitive and accomadating you are, there will always be those few that can't seem to play thoughtfully. Take these instances in stride. As long as your doing your best and communicating, then atleast your still a better person.

Being Appreciative, encouraging, reliable, and courteous can take you a long way.

Also make sure you have a right to be angry, if there are no replacements out there, or your asking for a rather extreme commitment then maybe you should step back and adjust your goals to be more flexible. Most people don't generally like to sit in front of a pc for 8-10 hours just exping like some of you extremists want.
                        Last edited by Khevn; 10-25-2005, 07:10 PM.
                        "how broken everything about ToAU is."
                        "Do you have Haruhi in your daily anime diet?"
                        "ok... I've quit 5 times... and failed each time miserably... they need a patch for FFXI like those nicotine ones...."
                        "Finally Quit this game"

Comment

Note: Blood Red Poet and Berzerk, CHECK YOUR Private Message. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PiNG
                            Note: Blood Red Poet and Berzerk, CHECK YOUR Private Message. Thanks.
                            And Ping lays the smacketh down! /cheer!
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

So last night I'm Pt'ing it out in the Dunes after starting a new character (i've been playing since NA release) when I get a phone call and had to leave. So I let my PT know that I needed to go but that I would stay until a suitable replacement was found and arrived. The PT leader /p "notice prior to leaving is appreciated" and kicks me. I /t him back and asked why as I gave "prior notice" he /t me back saying "That'll teach you" at this point I'm thinking that I have been playing for 2yrs+ and I probably know more than he ever will about this game...anyway it makes me angry to see players judging other players because the character is new, I hate more than anything to be treated like a noob when I most definately not. Sorry bout the rant but had to get that out, thanks for listening.
                              We will fight, we will be strong
                              Together we're marching on
                              United we move as one
                              Our finest hour has just begun

Comment

Working...
                              X