This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This A Quest Of Some kind?

I'm not 100% up to date with any new quests and/or missions set up by SE at the moment due a few connection problems I have been having recently with a new ISP I changed to, but I'm hoping to get it sorted out with time so that I can get back to playing that really enjoyable and exciting game we call FFXl.

Anyhow, I've just seen a couple of players running around as a Yagudo, and one of those dark ghosty creatures. (or otherwise, if I have remembered correctly, I think they're called Phantoms.) Is this part of a quest of some kind? If so, then please could I have some info on what this is about please?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: Is This A Quest Of Some kind?

Its the halloween Event. Get pumpkin heads and staffs and pitchforks from the costumed NPCs around the home point city.

Comment

Try trading some sweets (cookies, crackers,etc) to the NPC's you see dressed up. You can only trade 1 of each type of sweet each Vana'diel day, extra ones will have no effect.

Check http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50728 for more details.

Comment

Its not real hard and not much fun unfortunately

For those who are born in darkness...

The light brings them no comfort!!!

Comment

If you get a bunch of friends together it becomes real fun, especially for those who've never done it before.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

i never really have fun with the seasonal event quest, just a good time for me to camp nms because less groups.

Comment

Heh, well either way for some people the events are a blast. For others they could care less, just depends. I myself have a blast on the moogle events, already got the pitchfork +1. Some event items are quite useful for brief periods of time to use.

For example the Easter Egg items Happy Egg and Fortune Egg are usefull for the jobs that don't have much to put in their off hand. Treat Staff being useful for a warp. The Dash Sash from the Blitz Buffalo is quite incredible of an item for the Waist, the Enmity +2 from it you won't find another Waist with that Enmity till lv. 51 (Then only converts 15 HP->MP as extra) with only 1 waist item even better at 71 for enmity.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Wow! Sounds very interesting!
                I remember passing someone's mule hanging around Sandy, wielding a bat staff few times in the past. That must be the reason for it.

I have a question though.
                These mob forms that you can change into - Do players get to keep them, (even after the event time/date is over) and are you allowed to go outside the main cities in these forms?

On a slightly different note - Has anyone ever heard of, or has used an internet company called Bulldog? I've been having a few connection problems with them, and haven't been able to play FFXl properly. I've been contacting the company a couple of times though to tell them the problem, so things are somewhat under control.

Double Post Edited:
                Originally posted by Sukotto
                i never really have fun with the seasonal event quest, just a good time for me to camp nms because less groups.
                Cool! Well, you certainly have a good point!
                Gives you a good chance to do that while everyone else is out doing the Moogle Events. Also, a better chance of more drops too.
                Then when the Moogle Event is over, everyone will be confused (and possibly a bit frustrated) and wondering where all the NM drops have got to, and wondering who stole them all. 'Heh heh'.
                Last edited by Snowball; 10-26-2005, 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                (\ /)
                ( . .)
                C('')('')

Comment

Working...
                X