Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any sign of an expansion coming soon??

Do you think that SE will make another expansion??
    http://cbot.deviantart.com/
    Are you a casual gamer?Join my FFXIV group for casual gamers : http://member.square-enix.com/na/fan...op.php?gid=786

Re: Any sign of an expansion coming soon??

yes. they have been hinting at it for a while.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Please use the search function in the future. There's already some great information regarding the upcoming expansion. For example, Hiromichi Tanaka has said himself:

-The third expansion has been in development since work began on Chains of Promathia.
      -It will add new jobs, and they are "unlike any jobs currently in-game", according to Tanaka-san.

And, it is rumoured that the content in this new expansion will be available in the Xbox360 Beta, which is scheduled to begin in North America this fall, and a Japanese beta beginning later in the year. Tanaka-san stated that he hopes to have the Xbox360 version of FFXI out in North America before the end of the year.
      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
      Currently Playing:
      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Yahoo!!
        http://cbot.deviantart.com/
        Are you a casual gamer?Join my FFXIV group for casual gamers : http://member.square-enix.com/na/fan...op.php?gid=786

Comment

Try this thread:
          http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48588

Title: Sergeant Major
          SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
          Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
          Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
          Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

"Treasures of Aht Urhgan" was recently copywrited by SE. Rumours are that that will be the new expansion, but that's all it is at the moment.

Edit : Should have looked at the link posted first ><

Comment

Cbot, once again, has helped the FFXI community and looking incredibly smart while at it. To you, dear sir, I say good job.

Double Post Edited:
              Oh and, its pretty possible it will be about the four continents that surround Vana'diel.

East-Chinese/Japanese/Mogolian
              South-Egypt/India/Mid-Africa
              West-Mexico/South America
              North-Gigas?

Double Post Edited:
              oh and one more thing... Mithras will probably be a main focus of it(I believe they come from the South/East) and tropical islands. Zilart gave clues about the Kuluu. Promathai did the same to the Mithra, more so than anything else. Then again, there is the bandit lord who is hiding in the West.
              Last edited by Blood Red Poet; 08-15-2005, 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I need to get PM done before the next expansion comes out. I love Promathia's story so far though. (Working on PM3.3B atm...I can solo this part but I need to actually get around to doing it.)
                Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

How good is final fantasy11

Comment

umm.....good

Yeah, another expansion I can buy and have no real reason to have for months until I actually can start and finish the original story line, Zilart, AND CoP.
                    Really curious what they're gonna do with the new jobs.
                    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey Pukey
                      How good is final fantasy11
                      The game is very deceiving at start though. It may seem quite dull or like any other MMORPG at start, it shines more once you start getting to the story aspects which happens around lv. 40-50. Before that point though getting subjobs and all the advanced jobs can keep you quite busy before you even reach lv. 40-50, once you get there though and not someone just grinding away at EXP trying to reach 75 asap....then you'll probably be going for the mission or quests more specific around your job that's in that level range in which you'll get some nice back stories to each on what's happening.

Once you get to Rank 5 then Missions with a story of the Nations current state start to begin and entangle you in more story there, at the same time which you can also start learning more about Vana'diel's history through the Zilart Missions. At this same point also you start getting more of Vana'diel progression through Chains of Promethia. Much of this all happening from 30s - 50s and carrying through all the way up to 70s-75s.

On top of all the stories getting better as you go along, there are some great visual art in the game of which beats nearly every other MMORPG. The only other that respectfully can match the visually stunning art is Lineage II, but even Lineage II doesn't have changing weather effects which really is amazing to see.

Double Post Edited:
                      Oh, also just counting the Quests you can do there is a recorded like 426 quests. Then add in the Missions from the FF11, Zilart, Promethia, and top it off with special holiday moogle events with their trinkets and mini-quests and you are easily breaking over 1,000-2,000 things to do that excludes EXP grinding (and that isn't including crafts and goal of things you can gather there).
                      Last edited by Macht; 08-15-2005, 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Well SE is running dry on CoP, so of course a the next year and a half or so's worth of patches are due out soon
                        Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

Comment

I hope the next expansion isn't capped all the way through. I earned my levels, so why can't I buzz through some BCNMs for some awesome cutscenes and storyline?

Comment

uncapped BCNMs are pretty easy.

Comment

I wonder if there will be some other fundamental changes. Like allowing more than 8 people in a party. Which will then effect the size of max alliances, how much EXP is awarded and the like.

I mean we already have 15 jobs. Yes I would like to have some new jobs, but it just makes competition for a party slot even more difficult.

Will you only need to be Lv.30 to unlock those jobs? Or do you have to Lv.60 to get them. (I'd be more inclined to have the quests at Lv.60, but that's just me.)

Has been there been any real speculation if there will be a level bump? Pushing it to Lv.80? Watch every Mages level RDM to Lv.40 and it becoming the endgame mage sub.
                              Odude
                              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Working...
                              X