This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes you'd like to see?

Hey everyone. Forgive me if there's been numerous previous threads like this. I just thought I'd start one because I couldn't find one.

Been playing for two years and I had been thinking of seeing if I could find a way of submitting a few ideas to SE concerning a few changes to FFXI that wouldn't be drastic, but quite feasible. Feel free to chime in with things you'd like to see changed or added.

What I wish they'd add:

-Music in more areas. It's utterly depressing to be running through zones like Konschtat or Pashhow with just your footsteps and wind. Even if it was a generic song, like one that represented each of the nations...just SOMETHING in those empty zones where people seem to spend a lot of time. It would help with grueling EXP runs.

-Is it that hard to engineer a few more emotes? I mean, for crying out loud, why is there even a /dance emote? We all just stand there. I have to make my OWN dance emote by injecting /panic motion and /em dances happily into a macro! I'd also like to see, in addition to being able to sit, the ability to lay down, to lounge on your back or something. Perhaps even some vocal emotes.

-Who'd like to see some campfires? I would. And how freakin' neat would it be if you were in a zone, leveling, and were able to build a campfire and REALLY establish camp. The puller could find their way back easier. The welcoming flames of a camp. Or just somewhere nice to rest outside town! If you wanted to get technical, you could bind it into a cfrating skill, like woodworking or alchemy or something. Take a fire crystal, right? Take some ash lumber? "Xhaztol synthesized a small campfire." Boom. And hey, the campfire model is already in the game. Don't even need to make it.

I'm tired of looking at benches and chairs. They're pointless. There are benches and chairs all over Vana'diel and we can't sit in them. Sure, there are elevated platforms we can wiggle our way onto sometimes, but what about those benches encircling fountains or on the sides of buildings? Let's make some use of them, eh?

Who's poisoned? Did you need Refresh? This is the only thing I could see as being a little tougher to change. Get shit out of the log and more onto the screen. How about miniature versions of buffs next to each party member's name? Scoot the party list up a bit and add those buffs/debuffs to the left of the player's name. I dunno. Something. Think of the efficiency.

Text Bitching I'd like to be able to place spaces between words in the names of my linkshells, even in my name. Is that so hard?

I dunno, it's just stuff that's been in my mind ever since I really got into the game a year and a half ago. What do you think?

Re: Changes you'd like to see?

Originally posted by Xhaztol
    I'm tired of looking at benches and chairs. They're pointless. There are benches and chairs all over Vana'diel and we can't sit in them. Sure, there are elevated platforms we can wiggle our way onto sometimes, but what about those benches encircling fountains or on the sides of buildings? Let's make some use of them, eh?

Who's poisoned? Did you need Refresh? This is the only thing I could see as being a little tougher to change. Get shit out of the log and more onto the screen. How about miniature versions of buffs next to each party member's name? Scoot the party list up a bit and add those buffs/debuffs to the left of the player's name. I dunno. Something. Think of the efficiency.

I dunno, it's just stuff that's been in my mind ever since I really got into the game a year and a half ago. What do you think?
    [/color]
    I'll start out by apologizing. I was going to reply and yell at you for starting another one of these damn posts, but it turns out you had some good ideas. So I apologize. It's 3:54AM, I get off work in 6 minutes, kinda cranky. Can you ever forgive me?

But I like the idea of the sitting on benches and what not. That would be nice. OR being able to crawl in to a bed in your Mog House? That would be sweet.

Now I had had the thought of the little bubbles over the character's head, but then I realized it would just take up too much space. What I did have in mind, was if you /check a person in your party, it would show you what effects they are currently sporting. Of if you look at the party information, you could also those effects along with their job/sub, race and whatever else that's included in that screen. But that's just an idea.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I like the campfire idea, it's something I could point at then yell at people when they get too close. Maybe it could even add a Regen effect, like Drachen mail. It's there, but you can't really tell because it's like 1hp per minute. >_>

Comment

-Music in more areas. It's utterly depressing to be running through zones like Konschtat or Pashhow with just your footsteps and wind. Even if it was a generic song, like one that represented each of the nations...just SOMETHING in those empty zones where people seem to spend a lot of time. It would help with grueling EXP runs.
        They probably want to, but can't because the HDD unit is slowly reaching its limit. Furthermore, they need to conserve space for the new expansion.

So you can blame this one on the PS2 HDD. Or, blame Squenix for choosing to go with a console system in the first place since Sony decided to discontinue HDD support. Remember FFXI is basically a PS2 game.
        DRK75 BLM75 WAR37 THF37 NIN37 SAM38 WHM38 RDM37

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Have you been playing WoW any Xhaztol? ^^
          I think some new music would be a really nice change, but I'm pretty happy with the game as it is really.

Comment

-Is it that hard to engineer a few more emotes? I mean, for crying out loud, why is there even a /dance emote? We all just stand there. I have to make my OWN dance emote by injecting /panic motion and /em dances happily into a macro! I'd also like to see, in addition to being able to sit, the ability to lay down, to lounge on your back or something. Perhaps even some vocal emotes.

-Who'd like to see some campfires? I would. And how freakin' neat would it be if you were in a zone, leveling, and were able to build a campfire and REALLY establish camp. The puller could find their way back easier. The welcoming flames of a camp. Or just somewhere nice to rest outside town! If you wanted to get technical, you could bind it into a cfrating skill, like woodworking or alchemy or something. Take a fire crystal, right? Take some ash lumber? "Xhaztol synthesized a small campfire." Boom. And hey, the campfire model is already in the game. Don't even need to make it.

Someone been playing World of Warcraft?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathguise
              Have you been playing WoW any Xhaztol? ^^
              I think some new music would be a really nice change, but I'm pretty happy with the game as it is really.
              I've played WoW, yes, but WoW isn't the only game that supports dancing and campfires.

Comment

Text Bitching I'd like to be able to place spaces between words in the names of my linkshells, even in my name. Is that so hard?

I really like these ideas, especially the campfire one because then there'd be no mistaking where another party is located, thus reducing the instances where parties begin camping on top of each other. Perhaps they could be enchanted to have different colors so you can tell who's campfire belongs to which party.

The benches idea is very nice, as a lot of MMORPG games allow you to actually sit down and some of them even allow you to lay in bed as was mentioned. Definitely would be an easy thing to add, don't know why SE hasn't fixed it. Probably lack of input from the players...gotta get them to say they want it before it will happen.

Also, I think it would definitely be nice to see some sort of status icons somewhere in the game so I don't have to strain my eyes looking through the log trying to find out who got hit with Horror Cloud or who just took off their Protect, etc. Would definitely save me a lot of time and annoyance.

As for your desire for putting spaces into things such as Linkshell and Character names, this is SE's (I think) brilliant idea for keeping the game environment clean and keeping the level of gaming pollution to a minimum. I really don't want FFXI to turn into another game where there's a bunch of Sephiroth3987598734's running around or Mega Tron8973987...it just really looks like crap imo. Although it wouldn't kill them to allow this in the Linkshell names because they aren't projected onto the play screen unless the player specifically calls up that information by examining another player.

Gotta love Manaburn parties

Comment

For the status effect thingy, just give RDMs Scan as a Job Ability at something like Lv. 5. (low enough to be subbed) It would have a short recast time (like Charm) and you could use it on either a monster or a player to see what buffs/debuffs that character has on them.

Comment

Dancing might be possible, it depends on the limit of the ps2, and would have to be controlled so 30 people doing it in abusing it lower Jeuno won't cause massive DCs.

spaces in names is impossible. You can figure it out from the /search/tell system.

While it is possible to put /sea "bob bobby" instead, it might stress out the network epecially since we're carrying the modem legacy with us.

Comment

Yeah, it's the space problem that I'm sure will never change. As for the dance /emote, I think it might even be alright if it was like all the other emotes, in that it's NOT a toggle. When you make it a toggle, people are going to set it on, all day. Especially mules. I really don't need to see mules dancing...for...ever.

The Scan idea seems alright, but perhaps it should be open to RDM and WHM, maybe even PLD. Anything that utilizes white magic. I still think small debuff/buff icons serves better.

Comment

Campfires in my opinion would be a waste of potential. And dancing is NEVER a good addtion to the game. Why don't yah just add /fuck, might be slightly more diginified. However sitting on benches is not a bad idea at all. More music should be added, they could do it easy via expansion.

Comment

"to lounge on your back".....There is a reason they changed the mithra /sit, you know?....Some stuff can be too sexual.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
                          RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

I just want them to fix the Chat Filters to be more precise

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                              And dancing is NEVER a good addtion to the game.
                              Then the /dance emote shouldn't exist. It's the only emote that requires movement that doesn't have it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X