• ballista page redesign

i'm in middle of redesigning the ballista page

http://www.kharvey.com/ffxi/ballista.htm

the newest feature to this page is the forum
    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Re: ballista page redesign

Red Mage does indeed have AoE, but it's no good if they plan on sleeping people. Diaga.
    -Will
    RDM:65|BLM:33|DRK:39|War:17|Thf:31|BST:18|SAM:10|MNK:10|NIN:15|RNG:5|SMN:16|WHM:9|PLD:7|BRD: 7

Comment

I would like to comment about a few of the classes that were underated such as Red mage, Samurai. rdm is one of the best ballista classes ONLY if you can apply skill. Rdm has a good range of essential spells such as bind, gravity refresh stoneskin and phalnax, and others. A skilled Rdm/Nin can be hard to take down 1 on 1, even in 30 cap without stoneskin and phalnax. Samurai was also underated. Personally, i dont ussualy go as sam in 30 cap, but in 50 cap, if i see a weakend enemy that isnt subbing ninja, i can sometimes easily go into an enemy camp with tp ready and leave with gate breach. Sam/War with Str/Atk type equipment can be dangerous, my current dmg record for 50 cap is 752 with Tachi Jinpu. Personally, i belive the grades on the classes dont mean much, but the players skill is very important.

Comment

Screw Firefox. For such an awesome browser they sure do have to advertise themselves a lot. I mean, who are they kidding? It's like brainwashing.

On topic, you're going to need a section on subs as well. For melee there are a lot of choices, and some that are better than others. Samurai seems to be the most prevaliant because you've got Meditate and Third Eye.

Comment

Should put a warning at the top that "Calendar" and "XP" will utilize adobe reader imo.

Title: Sergeant Major
          SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
          Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
          Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
          Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

I can't say that I agree with your grades for jobs in Ballista. Every job has it's strengths and weaknesses in Ballista and I think an experienced player can excell at their job. For example as a PLD, which your grade of "D" pretty much dismisses, my highest chevron has been silver (3rd overall) and multiple bronze chevrons (top 10). I don't think any one job is best in Ballista and that maybe you should revamp that section to focus on the strengths and weakness for each job in Ballista and maybe even stratgey from people that have actually played the job in Ballista. I am sure all the DRKs, NINs, and SAMs that play Ballista out there would disagree with the grade you gave them as well. Just my thoughts.
            Jaraude • Midgardsormr • KoolAid Linkshell

Comment

Wouldn't Wars want to use dual axes to tear apart shadows?
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I generally find Axes a little slow so i switched to Swords the heavier ones when ballistaing with WAR. Seems better DoT. But i havent played uncapped so blah xD

Comment

Remove the rankings from the job list. There's no reason for it at all. I have killed plenty of "top tier jobs" with "low tier jobs". Not to mention some of the descriptions are not very accurate. THF or SAM subs are easily applicable for most melees in ballista. A DRK doesn't have to level marksmanship and drk gets a ga spell of its own. Sams usually meditate before engaging someone as well as anyone subbing sam after 60. At most it seems like you are thinking people who use that job in EXP parties will play the job the same way in ballista.
                  Last edited by Smasholays; 08-26-2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Hrm... one of my first ballista games was about 14v14 i figure an we had 5 PLDs on our team, me included.

I would've thought that would've lost the game for us since PLD isn't to great with the DD, but we raped the other team cause they had trouble putting us to sleep (an when they put others to sleep, we'd just revive them with a cure1), an it was a real pain for them to have to take us down since we'd keep curing ourselves so it ended up being 4 PLDs jumping on one person at a time because most players would ignore us an go after more 'important' jobs.

Really, its more about support.

Just my 2 gil.
                      "We're all stupid, so lets go adventure in our ignorance together!"
                      http://www.cursetheyagudo.org/db/db....prof&name=Cade

Comment

Working...
                      X