This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did you just get kicked?

ife bin searching around on different FFXI websites and i found out that one of japans main routers are down ( >_> )

Comment

Do you guys use Verizon Online? I do and some other ppl do too. It may be more than coincidence.

Title: Sergeant Major
      SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
      Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
      Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
      Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

My friends and I also use Verizon and we cannot connect. While he noticed connection issues yesterday, I had no problems. However after work when I tried to log on, I get the connection error. Could be something is wrong with POL or Verizon over seas

Comment

i also have verizon online... and i still cant log on.

Comment

I use Charter and can't login, all afternoon ._. Oh well, this may suck but shit happens.

Comment

I got booted about 10 hours ago and still cannot connect. Now Playonline.com either. I do use Verizon, but somehow I suspect there is more to it than that.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Verzion Online tech support. They aren't aware of any problems connecting to Japan. I explained to them that I was having problems connecting to www.playonline.com and that other ppl on other ISPs can get thru.

So, she suggested that I relay to ppl on forums to call Verizon online tech support 800-567-6789 and let them know that.

1) you are having trouble accessing www.playonline.com
                2) Ppl on other ISPs can get thru, so the site is really up.
                3) the problem seems to be Verizon Online specific.

The tech support told me that the more ppl who call to let them know the more they will check to see if DNS servers is acting up.

Title: Sergeant Major
                SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Hmmm....I'll do that since I use Verizon too >.<

Double Post Edited:
                  Heh, the guy I talked to was no help at all... didn't do much but say that there is nothing wrong with anything on their side after having me go on hold for 1 minute.
                  Last edited by nickofearth; 07-25-2005, 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by nickofearth
                    Hmmm....I'll do that since I use Verizon too >.<

Double Post Edited:
                    Heh, the guy I talked to was no help at all... didn't do much but say that there is nothing wrong with anything on their side after having me go on hold for 1 minute.
                    yeah same for me. i realized that sometimes you have to call verizon like 3 times before you get someone usefull on the line.

Comment

@_@ I'll never beable to get on at this rate @_@

If this can't be resolved I maybe looking for a new ISP though...

Comment

This is really depressing... What on Earth could be causing this? I am presently talking to Verizon, which I doubt will amount to anything. /sigh I just want to play. :'(

Comment

Same, they said everything looks fine, even set my internet options to default...no dice. They say it has to do with POL itself. If it is POL, it seems to be weird to effect one ISP only...

Comment

Grr!!!

I just got off the Phone with Verizon , "since I am able to access the internet theres nothing wrong on their end" so basically I have to wait and see what POL and FFXI tech support have to say .

It just seems that every time they update things get Buggy as hell ... Get it together SE!! , Geezz , I liked them better when they were just plain " Square Soft "
                            "Tegan "

Comment

I spoke with Verizon and they had me change my packet size- no dice. They then informed me that they would send out a ticket to have a physical alteration done to my line that may help to alleviate the problem (I doubt it). After ending the call I proceded to do some research of my own. I found Square-enix.com to be down as well so I decided to investigate that further and it came to my attention that the problem lies in dns.playonline.com and all of its variations (dns2.playonline.com, dns3.playonline.com, dns4.playonline.com, and so forth). Now I realize this doesn't solve anything, but at least we have some more infromation to go on now.

I was able to run a traceroute on the DNS servers no problem (as well as a traceroute on my server's Auction House) and I got positive results without any trouble so that does indeed guarantee that the servers are still running and operational. One thing that left me curious though is the fact that my traceroute was successfully able to ping the DNS nodes and yet all other functions of my internet are locked out from the same nodes. On the brightside, the Verizon Technical Support representative was able to access playonline.com no problem! -.-

Anyhow, I got my hands on Square's phone number and I'll be speaking with them tomorrow about the problem. Hopefully they will resolve this soon.

Comment

Keep us posted, I'm gonna call SE myself tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X