This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congestion During the Version Update: Addition 2

Yay! I'm in. Now taking bets on how far I get before I loose my connection. >.>

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
    Personality Tests

Comment

Problem with zip/rar updates is that most compaanies don't trust their constumers to extract files correctly. "I put my files in the wrong place. How do I delete the new ones but leave the right ones?" and so on. Would cause more of a headache for them.

Title: Sergeant Major
      SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
      Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
      Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
      Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

I'm downloading patch now, it seems to be working fine atm 2pm EST USA. =) I can't wait to get my Galka Sized Helper for my Tarutaru :D!!!
        SilverMatrix -
        level 75BRD/70THF/55BLM/37WHM/15war/37NIN/10DRK/10BST
        Race: Taru
        Server:Odin
        Linkshell: A New Dawn, Decimation

Comment

this is like waiting in fileplanet's queue. except we don't have to manually retry on FP.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
            this is like waiting in fileplanet's queue. except we don't have to manually retry on FP.
            That would be one way to solve it, though. Having a queue system would be nice.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
            Personality Tests

Comment

Bit torrent wouldn't fix this. It's more like DoS then anything else....

A queue system would be nice except the fact that do you like to wait infront of modem users?

Comment

If anyone you read that article about how much the people who make EQ1 make per year in profits (i thnk it was like millions) and have been for years, i thnk FFXI is in the same position, just I think they are stingy with their money to keep their profits very superply high so their shareholders are happy -_- I mean come on at least 500,000 subscribers x 12.95 at least, a month is millions i believe and they cant fork over less than 5% of that monthly profit for top end 2005 server software and hardware so PS2 and PC users everywhere can update successfully anytime anyday of the month, the same month which they have payed for 12.95 in advance at least not including additional fees such as addiditional content IDs.....greedy a$$ Square-Enix, at least they are investing alot of money into FFXII...
                RDM 50/SAM 38/WAR 24/BLM 27/WHM 30/SMN 50/DRG 23/NIN 20/MNK14/PLD14/BRD12
                Shiva,Ifrit,Ramuh,Leviathan,Garuda,Titan Obtained.

Comment

And blizzard charges $14.95 for WoW which doesn't even have its own servers to update. Your point?

Bit torrent sounds really nice, but it was never ment for distro in this manner, it was ment to share large files and maintain bandwith.

Comment

Update: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48779

Title: Sergeant Major
                    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
                      And blizzard charges $14.95 for WoW which doesn't even have its own servers to update. Your point?

Bit torrent sounds really nice, but it was never ment for distro in this manner, it was ment to share large files and maintain bandwith.
                      WoW hasnt been around as long as FFXI has, FFXI been here for years already and we still have these stupid congestition BS. My point is that Square-Enix should be more generous and spend slightly more to get rid of easy nuisaneces such as the ones we face time again n again for years with the updates.
                      RDM 50/SAM 38/WAR 24/BLM 27/WHM 30/SMN 50/DRG 23/NIN 20/MNK14/PLD14/BRD12
                      Shiva,Ifrit,Ramuh,Leviathan,Garuda,Titan Obtained.

Comment

ya well when you get the downlaod and get in ,, whatever you do do not EVER EVER log out cuz you will NEVER get back in lol i got the updates yesterday, made the mistake of loggin out when i went to bed and i cannot even log into POL now =/

Comment

Working...
                        X