X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July 18th Patch Notes

Originally posted by crazyasian88
    btw how do i get rid of all the space under my signatureD:?
    Go under sig edit> place a word or two>then hit Delete a million times..
    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Anaki
      i wonder how long itll take [players to find new mobs that drop the peacock charm/archer ring/leaping boots/ emp pin. or since the way to get them are "changed" whats the possibilty all 4 are now Bcnm/Enm drops?
      Or possibly more trigger pops similar to Tatami shield, Opt.hat, pendant, and cape. I found those previous additions to be quite enjoyable too. Patch notes did say new there will be new BC fights vs. previous CoP bosses. Maybe non r/ex versions might drop from those. Who knows?
      75 Bst / 75 Whm / 75 Brd / 75 RNG/ 70 Mnk
      Livejournal: xythalia.livejournal.com

Comment

Hmmm. So basically if I go camp lizzy for the boots... the actual drop rate hasn't changed? Its just the item has changed to R/EX? And normal non R/EX Leaping Boots drop from another NM?

If the drop rate and spawn time of lizzy is highered then yes I can see a change. But if its the same.... basically nothing has changed apart from making the item unsellable?

So my chances of getting the item via camping wont have changed. If anything my chances will have dropped because of everyone trying to camp the thing now after this update T_T

I just hope I still have the option of buying the boots. I'm still a fair bit away from buying them, so I'll see how this works out.
        Keshin is back!

Comment

I think players(gilsellers) will be finding the "new method" of obtaining the new items and those that just want the rare/ex ones will just camp the NM. So it'll be a bit spaced out. . . . maybe?

Maybe it'll be 100% drop on the rare/ex? ^^ It's just wishful thinking =P

What I don't understand is why they said "rare/ex or ex". . . why would you want more same ex items? Correct me if I'm wrong but "rare" means just 1 and "ex" means not tradable/sellable..etc......right?

Maybe I'm being too picky about the wording ^^

Comment

I think players(gilsellers) will be finding the "new method" of obtaining the new items and those that just want the rare/ex ones will just camp the NM. So it'll be a bit spaced out. . . . maybe?
            Hmmm I'm not sure. I think for the first couple of months it'll actually be harder to get the boots because of the influx of people trying to get it. Well for me anyway, I'm not good at camping ; ;

I hope it does even out eventually. Or they up the drop rate ^^
            Keshin is back!

Comment

they said rare/ex or ex prolly because they r lazy to type out peacock charm rare/ex, VE pin ex, LL rare/ex, Archer ring ex.
              Welcome to Bakanarok!

BRD 75, RDM 69, SMN 61, WHM 38, BLM 37, DRK 37

Comment

i think emp pin, leaping bootie, and peacock charm. well new ones will be Rare/ex and i think the new archer rings will be EX so we can have two :O

Comment

Originally posted by Anaki
                  yes leaping, archers, emp pin, and peacock charm are dropped from diff mobs.
                  No. Read it again. It says they will be obtainable in "other ways". It does not say they will be dropped from differnet mobs, or dropped from mobs at all for that matter.
                  88.6+2 - Smithing
                  60 - Cooking
                  60 - Clothcraft
                  60 - Leathercrafting
                  60 - Woodworking
                  54 - Goldsmithing
                  40 - Bonecraft

Comment

Hmm - all these drop rates and what not really doesn't affect me... What Iøm really happy about is this new NPC friend thingy ... I like to explore VD and help out friends with stuff, and so now i can have this weird NPC running around with me ... I think it's gonna be fun ... atleast that's what I hope it'll be!
                    Tonks

White Mage, Black Mage, Bard

Comment

This is an intresting update. The double KO for ranged and magic attacks worry me, that was a fav. of mine if I ever did get KO'd I'd still be taking pot shots once in a while in a weakened state. Though I've never been killed twice in a row so I guess I shouldn't worry to much about it.

Just have to see now what they did to the ranged attacks, how distance works now. The Fellowship Quest looks great, and like I thought it seems they made the NPC controllable via <ft> somehow. So in a way it is like getting another member but is being controlled to a degree by a player in the party.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by divisortheory
                        No. Read it again. It says they will be obtainable in "other ways". It does not say they will be dropped from differnet mobs, or dropped from mobs at all for that matter.
                        and read mine again i said the new ones since i dunno new items names im just using old names with new ones because "the monsters will drop rare/ex or ex items with similar stats" the actualy leapin boot, emp pin, peacock charm, and archer ring, are gainable dunno quests. bcnms, enms, hnms, nms, crafting, who knows

Comment

Oh and from what the message states, the items they mentioned are obtained differently they are not changed to Rare/Ex. Instead items just like those ones will drop with Rare/Ex, this is hard to say how it'll effect price really. The change doesn't effect a player who is willing to hunt that monster for it, which at first is going to be hectic for players that don't have the item. After a while it will bottom out and obtaining the item will get easier, so I doubt they'll change the drop rate this way keeps a timesink still in place for obtaining those items.

Now the only benefit leaping boots and others would have I would guess is more of an intrest to players with multiple characters. Depending on the difficulty of obtaining these items now their prices may actually increase because they still have the usefullness of their viability and not to mention Winged Boots (Even though it's just a tiny bit more defense and that's it) are produced from Leaping Boots so they still have somewhat of a value.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

This doesnt mean when i log back on my LL boots I just spent 12ook on will be rare/ex or ex when i log back on and i will infact have just lost 12ook?!
                            75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                            Woodworking 91.9+2
                            ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Looks like S-E is trying to counter some obvious gilsellers' NMs
                              ome of the treasure items earned from notorious monsters in the Boyahda Tree have been changed.

The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:
                              Archer Ring, Leaping Boots, Emperor Hairpin, Peacock Charm
                              In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items.
                              AQ is heavily camped by gilseller in my server. Wonder if the drop will be worse or better. The other NMs too are heavily camped by gilseller -.- Dropping an EX items mean they can't sell it at least and players who need the items can go camp for themselves. Competitions to get these NMs may die out overtime. But I like this move, S-E really pushing in this direction where NMs dropping more and more EX items.

my guess, the non-EX version will drop from BCNM now. Their price going up? Probably, just like astral rings. But IMO that won't affect us much if we can get the EX version easily. Imagine if we have a non-EX version of Joyeuse for 100 mil, we can just go camp the NM and get a free EX version heh :E

This doesnt mean when i log back on my LL boots I just spent 12ook on will be rare/ex or ex when i log back on and i will infact have just lost 12ook?!
                              I believe those items remain the same. Read the notes, it said the NMs will drop something else with same attributes. LL boots/hairpins I guess will be BCNM.

“Return Ring� and “Homing Ring� have been added to the list of items that may be earned by exchanging conquest points.
                              Sound like an idea from hearthstone.

Prices at guilds have been changed to reflect the amount of each item the guild currently has in stock. The cost may rise to a maximum of five times the original price.
                              countering the guild camper? But if the availability of the items remain the same it only means crafting becoming even more expensive.
                              Last edited by Jei; 07-18-2005, 12:13 PM.
                              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                                countering the guild camper? But if the availability of the items remain the same it only means crafting becoming even more expensive.
                                yes, this is the thing that concerns me the most.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                                X