• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazyasian88
    replied
    Re: July 18th Patch Notes

The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:
    Archer Ring, Leaping Boots, Emperor Hairpin, Peacock Charm
    In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items.

didnt wana quote this...in addition, players MAY recieve..not will. :E

btw taken from SE site.

Leave a comment:

• Xythalia
    replied

Originally posted by crazyasian88
    lots ppl thinking woot ex items i think ill go camp now. and so is everyone else on the server. the camps wont get less crowded. it will take a long time for say 500 ppl to get ex charm etc. argus spawns once a day, and doesnt drop everytime...not too hard to figure out^^.
    But once they get the item, it's over. No more returning to camp unless they're helping a friend get it too. Sure, the first few days these camps will be packed, but hopefully it will dissipate over time. Hopefully....

Leave a comment:

• Pai Pai Master
    replied

Which is why they have most likely made it so that Argus will drop more, maybe even much more. To make the monster drop an EX version of its item some times, but not increase the drop rate is very illogical. In addition, if they were not adjusting the drop rate, they would not have said "The way [insert item name] is acquired has been adjusted," they would have merely said "When trying to obtain [insert item name], a player may receive a RARE/EX item with the same attributes."

It seems more like a move to lower prices than one to fill camps even more and piss people off.

Leave a comment:

• little ninja
    replied

Originally posted by crazyasian88
    lots ppl thinking woot ex items i think ill go camp now. and so is everyone else on the server. the camps wont get less crowded. it will take a long time for say 500 ppl to get ex charm etc. argus spawns once a day, and doesnt drop everytime...not too hard to figure out^^.
    bingo!

Leave a comment:

• crazyasian88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• little ninja
    replied

Originally posted by Pebbles
    That's not how I read it - the way I understand it is that Lizzie will now drop Hopping Boots(tm), an Ex version of old Leaping Boots; and that Leapings will be available some other way (I'm hoping quested or trigger spawn and not just making them BCNM loot).
    the wording " in addition players may receive" is what makes me think it will be one or the other, an possibly neither. but if it is going to be like how you say it will be. you gotta be kidding yourself if your gonna camp here for 4+ hours to fight a mob who drops nothing. an then keep doing it til you get it?

" yay to nomore gil sellers in ordelles cave"??? that just means they are monopalizing someplace else more.. we didnt win anything with that one.

Double Post Edited:
    Originally posted by Rodin
    In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items.

That's a godsend. I might want to level RNG now since I'd be able to get a peacock charm, leaping boots, and an emperor hairpin without all of hte botters. And...if they change the Emp Pin or somehting to rare/ex, all will be rare/ex from now on, not just the ones that drop from now on. This is to reduce ppl monopolizing off of campnig them.
    you thought camping for 4 hours was torture when it didnt drop an item you can sell. how do you think its gonna feel when you spend that much time on a mob an it drops nothing.

ohh how the M"F'ers are gonna fly
    Last edited by little ninja; 07-18-2005, 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• Rodin
    replied

That's a godsend. I might want to level RNG now since I'd be able to get a peacock charm, leaping boots, and an emperor hairpin without all of hte botters. And...if they change the Emp Pin or somehting to rare/ex, all will be rare/ex from now on, not just the ones that drop from now on. This is to reduce ppl monopolizing off of campnig them.

Leave a comment:

• Pai Pai Master
    replied

Or, these items will drop more often. I doubt they'll change the monster they drop off of.

Leave a comment:

• Pebbles
    replied

Originally posted by little ninja
    "The way that the following items are acquired has been changed:
    In addition, players may receive an EX/Rare or EX item with the same attributes from the monsters who previously dropped each of the above items."

so you may get the real things you may not. so now season campers are basically going to pick up an move to another NM. another thing is look for the price of the emp pin an the leapin boots, an sniper rings to go tru the roof. stupid alternative
    That's not how I read it - the way I understand it is that Lizzie will now drop Hopping Boots(tm), an Ex version of old Leaping Boots; and that Leapings will be available some other way (I'm hoping quested or trigger spawn and not just making them BCNM loot).

Leave a comment:

• sdillon
    replied

Originally posted by Teffie
    Yes, but all the people who would be camping Lizzy and others will be 1-time people. They'll come till they get the EX/RARE Drop and never return. This way everyone can sort of have a "respect" for eachother because people would be camping because they NEED the Item, not becuase they WANT money.

Probably a Camp of 10 people 1 day, will be completely different people the next day.
    absolutely right on ^^ it will be like people camping for other rare/ex things currently in game ^^ like BQ ring etc, cept that you wont need pop items at all ^^

Leave a comment:

• Balfree
    replied

no it means exactly the opposite

Leave a comment:

• sdillon
    replied

Great great updates ^^ looking forward to this.

>>> Not sure where u guys are getting this... but they 'did not' say that your emp hairpin, archers etc ect will turn 'rare/ex' or 'ex'.... they just said that the 'original monsters' that dropped these items... will no longer drop them, instead they will drop new items that 'are rare/ex or ex'.

>>> Absolutely more people will camp these ^^ If you've been waiting for over a year to get one of these, of course u'd want to try and get a rare/ex or ex version of these gears. I am personally in no hurry to get them, so I will wait until the first wave of campers have gotten their equipment and then take a crack at these ^^ if you have no 'urgent' need of the item, an alternative would be to wait to get these new replacement items... or explore and find out how you can get the original items via the new method! Hey, maybe you'll be the first on your server to get them via the new 'method' SE mentioned ^^

Leave a comment:

• Teffie
    replied

Originally posted by Agnastar
    This means that there will be alot more people camping Lizzy and the others now...
    Yes, but all the people who would be camping Lizzy and others will be 1-time people. They'll come till they get the EX/RARE Drop and never return. This way everyone can sort of have a "respect" for eachother because people would be camping because they NEED the Item, not becuase they WANT money.

Probably a Camp of 10 people 1 day, will be completely different people the next day.

Leave a comment:

• fastcart
    replied

POL update is up.

Leave a comment:

• Xythalia
    replied

Originally posted by Icemage
    Den of Rancor: Only things people XP on here are Tormentors, and I can't quite see people trying to XP on anything else since Tonberries are in all other parts of this zone. I'm guessing this is a change to the placement of NMs like Friar Tuck.
    You can exp on bullbegger Opo-opo and den scorpions too after dropping down the hole. There are 2 safe camp spots with plenty of opos and scorpions to pull. Only problem is opos and scorpions tend to run out too fast as well if both PTs kill really fast. It's quite a good and unknown leveling spot for lv. 70-72.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X