X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Dragon
    replied
    Re: New Trademark Registered

Some people on Allahk believe the name to be of a Mithran Pirate, and I'd have to agree. Consider a few things.
    The Sound of the name leads me to believe it's Mithran, at the very least.
    Out of all the nations outside of Vana'diel, one to the Far South, Tsahya, was the only one to be named. This next expansion could mean what I've been hoping for since the release of COP: The opening of the Far Lands.
    '-Treasures- of Aht Urhgan' suggests that who or whatever Aht Urhgan is, it holds something of value, hoarding it like a pirate, maybe.
    The lands to the Far South are known to be the Mithran Homeland, and since they are known to be island nations, pirates are probably not uncommon. ‘Mithran Pirate’ is already a familiar phrase.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, Aht Urhgan sounds.........masculine to me.
    If it is a Mithra Pirate, living or dead, I believe him to be Male.

Leave a comment:

• CloudFFVII
    replied

Pai actually it is possible the next expansion is to be launched with the Xbox 360. Keep in mind the new expansion started development side by side with COP. Development has continued for the past year that COP has been on the shelves. I would assume that it is highly likley this is the new expansion name as the same speculation we have now we had when the COP name was discovered.

Leave a comment:

• WishMaster3K
    replied

XD "another goddamn FF7 Spinoff"

Yeah, I mean, hell, the game is the reason I've been playing RPGs for the last 8 or so years. We've all wanted a sequel but never got one. So NOW, they decide that they're gonna give us like, 10? In one year?

Dont pay any attention to their trademark. I mean, I'm glad that you sought to keep us posted, its cool that this may lead to something, but as of late, dont pay 2nickles worth of jack-shit to what SE says anymore. I mean, didnt they say, not too long ago, that they are cycling development teams so that we can have one FF a year? Didnt they bullshit us long enough on Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy 12?

Yeah, [No Thanks], SE. Unless I can get something from them that is on the shelves, I cant take their words at face value. FF7 Advent children was supposed to come out last summer was it not? KH2 Last October? FFXII? Ok, we all knew that wasnt coming out for another console generation

Leave a comment:

• Feenicks
    replied

It could be anything. Who knows, maybe it's another goddamn FFVII spinoff.

Leave a comment:

• Pai Pai Master
    replied

The only way one could think that could be the name of the next expansion is the "___ of ___" format. Of course like everyone else has said, it could be anything and it would be best to wait until the Xbox360 system is launched to make such presumptions, as that is the time I would expect we'd start hearing about the 3rd Final Fantasy XI expansion.

Leave a comment:

• Rai-Jin
    replied

nah they registered "Chrono Brake" in Japan and "Chrono Break" in the US but then later on cancelled the US Name so theres only "Chrono Brake" remaining..in Japan

Leave a comment:

• Pai Pai Master
    replied

First they registered "Chrono Brake," cancelled that a few years later, then registered "Chrono Break." Or it might have been the other way around...

But yeah, that's the extent of the production of the latest in the Chrono series.

Leave a comment:

• Yossar
    replied

Originally posted by Kafeen
    SquareEnix also have a habit of registering names and never using them. Lets see what they announce when it's time.
    Yeah, didn't they register "Chrono Break" at one time?

Leave a comment:

• Kafeen
    replied

SquareEnix also have a habit of registering names and never using them. Lets see what they announce when it's time.

Leave a comment:

• TheGrandMom
    replied

Well they did announce that they are working on a new RPG for the PS3....sooooo could this be the title??

Leave a comment:

• fastcart
    replied

It's possible that it doesn't have anything to do with ffxi at all. With a name like that, I think it's a different rpg.

Leave a comment:

• Zoros
    replied

Most likley, new expansion name :D

Leave a comment:

• neighbortaru
    replied

Aht Urhgan? wierd. doesn't sound very "asian" so i don't think it'll deal with Tenzen's home...

Leave a comment:

• crazyasian88
    started a topic New Trademark Registered

New Trademark Registered

taken from alla--

SE registered a new trademark:

Treasures of Aht Urhgan

Could it possibly be the name of the new expansion?

To check it yourself (link expires) go to:

USPTO Trademark Search Page: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...ate=7beqbj.1.1

And choose:
    (Basic) -> Search term: "square enix" -> Field: Owner name

just thought let everyone on these forums know~
Working...
X