Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Worlds Scheduled Maintenance (Jul. 18)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Worlds Scheduled Maintenance (Jul. 18)

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news4925.shtml
    Jul. 15, 2005 01:00 [PDT]

All Worlds Scheduled Maintenance (Jul. 18)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI server maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

*The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

*You may receive errors such as POL-1160 or POL-0010 during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

*For the update details, please refer to "Topics" on the official PlayOnline.com web site (http://www.playonline.com/) which will be available on Jul. 18, 2005.

[Affected Period]
    From Jul. 18, 2005 from 8:00 to Jul. 19, 2005 0:00 (PDT)
    *Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

Title: Sergeant Major
    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Re: All Worlds Scheduled Maintenance (Jul. 18)

Well 16 hours is a long time but at least its not like Ragnarok Online. They said they were going down for a few hours and came back up 3 months later. LOL I just hope that we get a great update out of this long arse downtime.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

wow lol, Rag O. has some explaining to do lol

Comment

Ya it was pretty hilarious. The day before we got a server wide announcement that in 2 weeks RO was going down for maintenance and to add content. The next day suddenly there was an announcement to log off because they had to do a quick fix. It would be back up in a few hours. A few hours went by...a few days went by...a few WEEKS went by....after a month they finally posted on their site that this was going to be the 3 month maintenance. Oy! Try working for the biggest NA RO site on the forums and in irc when something like this happens. IT WAS HELL!
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

It's call bad PR move.

The story(unofficial of course) behind it is they got hacked, and wouldn't admit it to the community...so they tried to fix it desprated only it's not realistic when hackers just ripped your account server to shreds.

Gravity has like the worse track record when it comes to PR.

Comment

No Kuu actually this was prior to that event. The hacking incident was another f'in website horror. All the staff from the major sites had their accounts hacked first. Even though we had Christy (RO PR person) in our private irc chat many times, they still wouldn't talk about the issues that lead to that. Totally asinine.
            Last edited by TheGrandMom; 07-16-2005, 08:57 PM.

Comment

How did they handle montly fees during those months? Were ppl involuntary deactivated or lost their accounts for not paying?

Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major

Comment

Oh even though your character was hacked, you paid for your account until they could investigate and roll back your character. Oh ya, when you compare RO to FFXI, we have it dicked in this game! LOL

Comment

Oh that's just wrong!!

Comment

Working...
                  X