This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somone help me before I quit

ok i am getting border and border playing this game. I try to have fun but nothing is fun. I dont want to quit but at this rate i might have to. Any ideas?

Re: Somone help me before I quit

If you can't find a way to have fun by yourself then this game probably isn't for you. It's a shame but the most important thing is that your having fun so maybe you should look somewhere else.
    You kill one man, your a murderer
    Kill many and your a conquerer
    Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Try WoW? o.O;
      "From the void all things are born.
      To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

Yeah If your levels in the sidebar are correct this is probably not the game for you. I play both WoW and FFXI and WoW has more of a "Pick up and play" mentality to it so you may want to try that.
        Grave|Hades|Hume|Bastok|Rank10|Zilart - Finished|SAM75|WAR37|THF37|Status - Retired

Gravy|Ramuh|Mithra|BLM18|WHM30|Rank4|Zilart1|CoP1|

Comment

take a break or try another job, try a caster since you have melee's levelled. or try a tank instead of DD

Originally posted by SevIfrit
          we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

I agree with what Ghost said above. Try another job. If not that try finding a Linkshell thats just active in all things... BCNM, Missions, Promy Etc... that can make playing a bit funner. What makes it fun for me nowadays is having friends in the game, sometimes chatting with them makes it fun. Hope you find something that makes this game fun for you GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitetiger
              I agree with what Ghost said above. Try another job. If not that try finding a Linkshell thats just active in all things... BCNM, Missions, Promy Etc... that can make playing a bit funner. What makes it fun for me nowadays is having friends in the game, sometimes chatting with them makes it fun. Hope you find something that makes this game fun for you GL.
              thats just the thing. I feel like im ignored completly whenever my ls does anything. I wanted to make my own ls so i could play leader but getting people to join would take awhile. Im looking for an ls thats active, up to do things all the time, and most of all, pays attention to me more. I dont want EVERYTHING to be about me i just want to feel like im wanted in the ls you know?

Comment

If I had a buck for every time I considered starting my own LS I could quit my job and play XI full time lol.. But I've never done it, because it WOULD require a lot of work and I'm not really up for the challenge (although I did buy a shell several months back, but I'm the only one who has access to it.. lol)

Back to the topic, if you're feeling bored and DON'T want to entertain the idea of looking for a new game just yet, I agree with some of the suggestions about leveling other jobs. However, it should be noted that there truly ISN'T a lot that a level 30 player can do besides level and hunt low-level stuff for gil. Much as I hate to say it, the game DOES get a lot more interesting when you're in the 60's and 70's.

You can also take up crafting, I have a number of friends who put a lot more effort into their crafting than into their jobs/characters/whatever. Doesn't really matter WHICH craft, just the fact that you keep seeing that number going up and start HQing stuff.

Quests can be fun from time to time too. You could challenge yourself to reach "hero" status is one or more nations.

I know you said your LS ignores you. Are they about the same level as you are? Unfortunately, lower level members tend to get overlooked by LSs that have a lot of high level members. If you're all about the same level though, you might want to try offering up your services to help THEM with missions, NMs, whatever. This serves two purposes: It makes you less bored because you're doing something, and it makes them take notice of you a lot faster than if you're only saying hi or asking for help yourself. I don't know at all whether that's what you're doing, mind you, but it's just a suggestion. If they ARE all considerably higher than you, then you might want to either start your own LS (shouting in san, bas, win, and jueno will get you members, just don't spam XD ) ...Or trying to find one that's more suited to you and your particular goals.

What ARE your goals anyway? It's a lot easier for XI to hold your interest when you have something you're working toward. Each time I acheive a goal, I start up another one. The goal can be job/level related, mission related, gil related, or any number of things, so long as you're working TOWARD something.

Good luck!
                召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

thanks Shar thats inspiring ^_^

Comment

I remember when I was lower level when there was little else to do but grind away exp and level up, and I wanted to participate in missions, genkai quests, coffer key hunts, etc. But I just wasn't high enough level to participate in everything my LS was doing. I felt isolated and left out, and bored of exping all the time. It was frustrating. But it gets better. Thankfully, they've added more level 20 and 30 BCNMs in the last several patches, most of Chains of Promathia is level capped for levels 30 and 40. It would be wise to get involved with your LS or friends doing those missions while you're at those levels and have the gear already. (They're not easy though!)

The excitement really kind of starts to begin at level 60-65. During that time, it can get boring doing little else but farming and leveling your job. But that's part of the game. It does get old. Find something else to do in the game. Crafting, mining/logging/harvesting/excavating, gardening, fishing. Level a 2nd job, preferrably one far different than your current job(s) as a change of pace -- go mage if you're a melee, or go melee if you're a mage, or try Beastmaster (requires a lot of patience). Alternating between two jobs or two activities whenever one becomes boring helps make the ride a little smoother. It might take longer, but oh well. This isn't a fast game to play from level 1 to level 75. At least enjoy what you're doing in the game, and take it at your own pace. Or you will be completely bored and frustrated with the game and totally hate it.
                    Kurgan @ Ramuh
                    NIN75, PLD75, BST75, WHM75
                    TrionsDeathCrew linkshell leader
                    Ranks: Sandoria(10) Bastok(9) Windurst(8)
                    On ZM14, CoP missions completed.
                    Leather 92.8+1, Cloth 60, Smithing 45, Alchemy 27

Comment

so can ppl help??????
                      ill b present in ramuh november 20th........
                      need some friends, look for takumi n jambouns both already in ramuh.
                      they will supply me with a world pass into this wonderfull server!!!!!
                      they are my mates from outside the game but need to get a big party goin or some kind of organisation to make money!!!!! if interested please contact me- final_fantasy-freak@hotmail.com
                      Will b waiting to here from u who ever ya are.......
                      thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                      X