Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!....me make a website for a LS i want to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP!....me make a website for a LS i want to start.

Ladies and Gentlemen...and Feba,

Thanks alot for the info, I'm going to try and download dreamweaver, and look into getting a host for the site in the next couple of weeks. It's tough being away from the game in the asspect of user input, but i'll definetly be taking your idea's into account..

I'll try and post progress/hangups/etc. in this thread if I have any questions or sit-rep's. Thanks for your help and ideas!

Comment

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Questionne...

Have you worked with HTML before shepardGee?
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Free: GuildPortal Guild Hosting and Management
          Free: FINAL FANTASY XI -LINKSHELL COMMUNITY-

Cheap and highly customizable: Go Daddy (Only select this option if you have some familiarity with web programming and design. Linux is the better choice if you do)
          Cheap and highly useful: Ventrilo

I recommend GuildPortal or LSComm & a Ventrilo server. GuildPortal sites are prebuilt and have all of the necessary functionality. Now don't forget that Square Enix's Linkshell Community has everything you need and is fully integrated into FFXI. Most people eschew it as "amateur" because you can't customize it, but it's free easy to get into and no one has to worry about security.

Ventrilo is a must for any good linkshell. I hate trying to type and do things at the same time. Ventrilo allows me to move my character while barking instructions into a headset.

$200-$300 is way more than you should ever think of spending on anything related to a subscription based MMORPG. If you are willing to make such an investment, I think that you are seriously underestimating the power of your money. Go buy something cool, instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
            Questionne...

Have you worked with HTML before shepardGee?
            Aye, I have balfreeee, It has been awhile, and I know spending like 2-3 benji's on software is sorta ...dumb for a LS website, I did want to eventually be able to write and understand other types of websites. I just thought building a LS website would be a good beginning project for me to learn alot more. And other than talking to all you great people on here, disarming bombs and going to the gym, I've got some free time.

And thank you too Sabaron, I'll check those out.

I checked out Guildportal, and I really liked it. It will suit my needs perfectly. I still am interested in being able to build a Forum/LS web page from scratch so i'm going to check out dreamweaver,etc. when I get home, since downloading it here is pretty much a no-go.
            Last edited by ShepardG; 01-22-2009, 02:06 AM. Reason: checked out guildportal

Comment

Working...
            X