This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world we live in

Constant change is here to stay and I like to journal my experiences.
    We have choices and we got to make our voices make our actions happen.

This is my FFXI autobiography. This post will be updated periodically and another post will be entered when this one becomes too long.

Midgard era
    ---------------
    + didnt know how to play white mage, blew out my mp really easily even when we had a BARD and RED MAGE to regen mp.
    + did not know how to make gil. was a really dirt poor white mage.
    + did not know how to do teleport quests. I was utterly gimped and shunned.

I was tired and fustrated and lost so I gave up. I took the easy way out and left to Lakshmi.

Now we enter in the Lakshmi era
    ------------------------------------------
    starting over was a bit better, i began as a warrior. then led towards paladin.
    I marched on thru the game and went above and beyond my expectations. When I was on my tarutaru I never realised that I would beat G3! Then I eventually beat G5 last summer and that was one of my most crowning achievements.

I gave up my social linkshell for TheIlluminati and that was one of the best times in Lakshmi history. I ended up attaining my weaponskill NM Savage Blade with them, and got ranks 8 and 9 due to their help. We also tried Cassie in FeiYin, Amnikiri and much more.

The problem for The Illuminati was evreyone wanted so much which canabalized the linkshell. People left towards three major places and others just stayed with the linkshell because they didnt want to leave the others behind. The linkshell was boring due to the exodus, and I wasnt able to get in one shell because I outed someone as a gilbuyer.

I was desprate for a new home, I begged Auora to get in her social linkshell. Since I had nothing better to play for. The Illuminati was breaking due to WorldOfWarcraft and Everquest2 and I wanted a place to help out.

Most people were in their level 60s and I was basically the odd man there because I was level 75. People thought I was strange that I was in this linkshell, but I felt like I was a bit undersireable for FallenAngels or Kaya's AI even though I honestly had some desire to join their linkshells. So I toiled in AE for awhile.

AE was a good place, there was community and friendship. However there WAS a dark side to all the goodness in the world. Rules had double standards, secret agreements saying the linkshell owner's friend gets the best drops from the job that they play in the game first no matter if the other people in that job have helped the linkshell more than them.

AE splits primarally due to the leader having an ego trip desacking some sackholders for no apparent reason. So the pied pipper takes most of the members away to form POL.
    Last edited by swiften; 07-16-2005, 08:58 AM.
    Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
    Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!
Working...
X