Had some questions about MMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had some questions about MMM

Hey all, I recently came back to the game and would like to try out MMM. There are not many people at all that do MMM on my server any more.

I 2 box so have 2 chars, one a dedicated Tarutaru RDM/WHM, the other Could be DRG, BLU, NIN SAM PUP WAR DNC THF (all40+). I also have some level 10-20s jobs. I have been looking over all the MMM information I could find and I would like to be able to duo the MMM with my 2nd account. The RDM is 56 so hes got most of the good stuff .

I would level sync the 2 chars of course.

Would I be better off using the lower level jobs to try and earn some marbles to buy the additional tiles to help build my mazes? or is there a really good solo or duo class for mazes? I remember right before I took my last break is when the MMM came out. I built a couple mazes the first was elementals (did not do well at all) and the other was courels(once again dident do well at all) I was on my BLU/NIN for both runs. (solo)

Currently I only have the voucher and 2 tiles (the 2 they started me with) not sure which numbers they are.

So basically I'm wanting to know if theres any tricks tips or tidbits that may help me out.

I am a doer so I will be trying at least a few duos attemps with various combos.... and I'm sure I'll loose plenty of xp, but hopefully I'll figure it out. If i could select mob types then I dont think id have too much trouble. I just dont have those tiles yet.

So yea any experianced MMM people out there, I'd love some pointers and advice.

Also I did stumble across something about getting a goblin parterner when your down there. Does anyone know more about that ? that wasent around when I played last.

Thanks,
    Dyft

Re: Had some questions about MMM

Originally posted by Dyft View Post
    I would level sync the 2 chars of course.
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't help, because it determines the mob levels when you enter the lobby, not the maze.
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
      I'm pretty sure that doesn't help, because it determines the mob levels when you enter the lobby, not the maze.

Right, The part about level syncing was for the xp.. on the 01 card the mobs are based off the lowest party members level.. level sync is done once inside just to insure everyone is the same level for the best xp.

Having said that I was able to attempt 2 runs yesterday. The first run i got bombs.... ended up running out of time as even the RDM with convert and composure+refresh could only last 3 fights before a rest was needed. Silence landed but would only stick for a few seconds each time (3-5 seconds roughly). RDM is capped skill on all magic types (enfeeble ele heal etc).

The second run i got beetles and thunder elementals. I ran out of time with 1 thunder ele left. Was a little discouraged because i was almost sure i was going to beat that one. I still only have the starting 2 tiles at this point so i have 0 control over the maze other then the pearl(tells you how many mobs are left) and the one that lets you buy items (however i dont have any marbles so i cant buy anything)

I read somewhere that people are using level 1 mules to get the monsters set to level 1 and then beating it.

Would I be better off doing that to build up some marbles to get some new tiles? or should i just continue to push and try and make it through at level?

I did go drg/dnc to attept to help with healing. i think next run i will go /sam (and not sync just go in as 60/54) for meditate hasso third eye and store tp or /war (and sync) for defender warcry double attack defence bonus etc.

Comment

You might have an easier time if you can force mob types, so it's probably worth doing some runs unsynced. Note that it need not be all-or-nothing ... you can get the mobs down to EP and still be able to rip them apart while you get at least some XP.

Comment

Yes, you need marble farming. That's as far as many of us got before SE nerfed the marble rewards, then nobody wanted to play it any more, since there was no decent (for a gearhound) loot other than what you could get in a voucher 07 run, and people decided they'd rather go back to farming their favorite endgame treadmill instead of this toy treadmill. And most jobs can't solo it. (The crafting mazes are esentially un-soloable too, because you can't farm materials fast enough.)

However, I think the extra chest for the maze starter was meant to give esentially full marble rewards for just that run. In other words, their objective was to nerf getting so many marbles for runs you didn't start. Never mind that all the marbles could buy for you were more maze parts (to get more marbles), and a few tchotchkes like eye patches and titles, SE felt you were getting too damn many marbles, and by Altana, they were going to put a stop to it. They stopped their MMM server congestion problem, at least.

>2012

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Well I have completed 2 MMMs now going in as 54 RDM/WHM and 62 DRG/SAM. With that setup I was able to beat both (First bomb clusters + taru (the deamon doods from phomy) which leads me to my next question... During this run one of them used frightful roar... can my BLU learn it from him? (he needs the spell) or can you not learn spells in MMM? if you can I think I may switch from 62 DRG/SAM to 60 BLU/NIN

The second run had Puks and Single bombs. Meditate Store TP Hasso and even Third Eye make a VERY noticeable difference for DRG duoing those baddies...

With that being said.. I am still hard at work trying to find out information about the MMMs you can do with the goblin? I saw a post about MMM being updated to include that... but it dident tell where or how you did them.

Comment

I learnt frightful roar in MMM and its much safer there as you dont have to worry about them casting mortal ray on you and you can fight them face to face.
              Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
              Alchemy 23 Cooking 23
              Bastok 6-1 COP complete AU complete ZM complete WotG Wings Of Glory

Comment

out freaking standing.... do they come in all levels? like do they have level 10s if i took a level 10? would be so much easier to learn it that way vs level 60 lol

looks like ill be camping mms for more tarus :D

Comment

I'm not sure how it works but if it goes by the normal way of learning blue spells theres no way a level 10 can learn it, cant remember off the top of my head what level it is, think I was around 64 when I want through so I'd suggest at least being the same level if not higher that the level of the spell just to make sure.

Tarus come on the Demon rune so see if you can find someone with one of those
                  Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
                  Alchemy 23 Cooking 23
                  Bastok 6-1 COP complete AU complete ZM complete WotG Wings Of Glory

Comment

Originally posted by Reverent Knight View Post
                    I'm not sure how it works but if it goes by the normal way of learning blue spells theres no way a level 10 can learn it, cant remember off the top of my head what level it is, think I was around 64 when I want through so I'd suggest at least being the same level if not higher that the level of the spell just to make sure.

Tarus come on the Demon rune so see if you can find someone with one of those
                    What I ment by that was if i took a level 10 char into the maze (which would set the enemies to level 10) would I be able to learn the spell? (lvl 60) its a level 58 blu spell.

Comment

I think the question was: if going in with a low-level to reduce mob level, would the mob stop using the special attack below a certain level?

And I think the answer is "go try it and see". Mob special moves don't depend on level as far as I know. And I recall that you can still get any mob type no matter how low the level.

All that definitely matters is that the BLU must be high enough level to learn it. The trick may be getting the right mob type to appear, but runes should help there.

>2012

Comment

Ok. So it sounds like I need a demon tile and just run it as Blue Mage. Can the tile be bought with marbles or is it drop only?
                        Last edited by Dyft; 09-17-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Maze Runes - FFXIclopedia

>2012

Comment

Working...
                          X