How do you say hello?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you say hello?

Hello all whatsup? I am new to this wanderfull world of FFXI, and so far it kicks ass! I am a level 5 THF on Carbuncle, and yes I do have a LS. Well thats it if there is any information that I need to know, because I am new please tell me bye!!

Re: How do you say hello?

The most important thing I can tell you is that Rabbits rule our world. No one ever wants to set foot in Bibiki Bay because it is their domain in which they reign over all the world. People might kill the goblins, birds and dhamels there, but the rabbits always remain untouched.

Not even the gods fuck with the rabbits - Byakko went down there once and he never made that mistake again. That is how powerful the rabbits are. If you have killed a rabbit, repent for it now lest they come in the night to devour your soul.

That warning aside, what jobs are you looking at being? Its kinda hard to give any kind of advice if we don't know what your goals and interests are.

Comment

Well I would first like to be a Thf/nin all the way then maybe a smn or a whm or somthing of the sort later on. I might even want to be a Nin all the way I havent really thought about it lol but those are some ideas I have in mind.

Comment

Ok, then starting out in Windurst or Bastok is probably within your best interest. There are quests that you can repeat to gain Norg fame toward obtaining your Ninja scrolls later on.

If you're in Bastok, persue the "Shady Business" quest in Port Bastok.

If you're in Windurst, persue "Mihgo's Amigo" in Windurst Woods.

These quests are repeatable and will help you obtain your first Ninja scrolls later on when you can travel to Norg. You're not quite there yet, and still have your subjob, chocobo license and such to do also, not to mention the quest to even get to the continent on which Norg resides.

It seems like a lot to think about right now, but just take your time and have fun. Thief isn't the easiest of professions to level up, but it can be very rewarding all the same.

Comment

Ah Ok I will do that, and I have heard of the "Mihgo's Amigo" quest before, guess I will find that and do that for awhile intill I get bored lol. Also what level is your chocobo licents and subjob quests at? (and the Norg quest.) Also from what I can tell, yeah THF isnt easy lol even though I am only at level 5.

Comment

Subjob quest starts at 18, but you can obtain the needed items from most Valkurm partying in advance. Crab Apron, Damselfly Worm and a Magicked Skull will be what you need, you may need to get some help on the skull from a higher level friend since the Ghoul mobs aren't common in Valkurm and its a rare drop in Gusgen Mines.

The Chocobo quest is at level 20, you'll probably do this after you've finished some work on your first subjob. You can only do it at 20 and when you've made it to Jeuno. Also, after you complete the Chocobo license, you can look into raising a chocobo of your own.

Comment

If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it: New Player Guide.

And, when you get near the level to start partying, some of the info here may come in handy: The EXP Party Index.

Have fun, and welcome to FFXI.
              Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 10-09-2007, 03:41 PM.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Lakomie View Post
                (and the Norg quest.)
                BBQ u missed this one

This Quest is most known as Kazham pass quest wich u will need at lvl23~ to party in the jungle.u can do this alone but will be faster and safer if u get some high lvl help (whm if posible to make it much faster) all u need to do is to travel to the low lvl beastmen safeholds (Palborough mines near Bastok,Gideuss near Windurst and Ghelsba Outpost near San 'd Oria)and collect a chest key from each one then go to Port Jeuno an trade em to a fat galka at Kazham departures agency that way u can board ur first Air ship (enjoy the view )

Welcome to Vana'diel and enjoy the game,go out and hv some adventures,die if u have to but enjoy it (laugh) cuz u will be able to come back at some time with a higher lvl job and get revenge from the mob that killed u before (sometimes)

im still willing to hv mine from Guivre and i swear i will!

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
                  BBQ u missed this one
                  I was already spoliing a lot, I wanted to leave a little mystery in there >.>

I also linked to quest for the airship pass to Kazham anyway

Comment

o_O thanks a lot all, that helps a lot, and I never saw the new players guide forgot that they had a website xD. But yeah, that does have a lot of useful information, and I thank you all for your help! I do have 1 question though, is there any guide to making gil at all? I have looked and I cant find one..so yeah if you could find that for me I would really appreciate that.

Comment

there r lot of ways to make gil in game the most used r Crafting or farming u can also do some Gardening buts thats kinda complicated so i sugest u to sell ur crystals at the AH for now then maybe u can start a Craft but at the begining most of em r pure lose so well at a lower lvl u can also do some fishing if u can get a rod and the correct bite u can fish Moat carps and sell those for 3k a stack and those pretty fast so is a good way to make some gil

but well u ask for a gil making guide and this is what i can give u
                      http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fa...a_of_Carbuncle

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakomie View Post
                        I do have 1 question though, is there any guide to making gil at all? I have looked and I cant find one..so yeah if you could find that for me I would really appreciate that.
                        As a matter of fact, Saren has written a terrific guide on that very topic: How to make money as a newbie. It's right here on Dreams, too.

I'd encourage you to browse through the sub-forums on this site, and take a brief look at the stickies. Though not all organized or updated, we have a wealth of info here, and you may find many of the stickies to be helpful. ^_^
                        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                        X